/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shy to return debt and a past uttered lie

anonymous
05-11-2013, 07:14 PM
:sl:

A guy in my class went copying stuff for our group. I felt shy for not having money with me to pay my share and told him "i'll pay you later" out of shyness (didn't really mean it literally). It was actually just 2-4 dollars price. Since the price was so small, I felt shy to give the money later, but now - after a year- realize that I uttered a lie.

Should I return this money? If yes, am I allowed to return the money for him without telling him for what I'm giving it (would be embarrased to say "last year you paid for me 2 dollars and here it is") like generally saying "this money is yours" while handing it.

Jazakumullahu khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-12-2013, 04:19 AM
:sl:

i don't understand why are u feeling shy of giving him the money . Just say , sorry , it's so late to give u back ur money . Here it is .

Abz2000
05-12-2013, 04:46 AM
He'll respect the impact Islam has on people if you explain your reason for repaying, the smaller the amount - the more profound.
If he tells you it's ok and not to be silly, just say: I felt then need to offer in order to absolve myself.

As brother anwar al awlaqi (may Allah grant him among the highest status of witnesses and teachers) said (rephrased in my own words due to forgetfulness):
you may spend hours giving dawah and spending money and have hardly any effect, and you may do something you feel insignificant and effortless, but that could be the catalyst for a person's reflection, pondering and guidance.

Periwinkle18
05-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Well if you're shy what you cn do is put the money in an envelope, write an small letter telling him that u borrowed it from him n that you're sorry ur returning it so late hand him the envelope n everythings gng to be okay :) don't worry ur frnd won't be mad at you. What u hav to do rite now is to return the money im sure that person doesnt remember either. ( if it was me i would hav don't forget things easily :P ) usually ppl dont remember so your frnd will b really happy that you remembered n ur giving it back even though its a small amount.

Or you could just go n talk to him and give him the money.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!