/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nasheeds

glo
05-12-2013, 08:11 AM
In the last year or so I have become interested in dance - all kind of dance.
Sadly it has taken me this long in life to appreciate the beauty of dancing as a way of expression. imsad

When I listen to nasheeds I find myself compelled to move along to the music.
I am just wondering if that is something Muslims do? Move/dance along to nasheeds as a way of worship and expression of one's love to God?
Or would this be considered to be inappropriate?

Looking forward to you replies.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
05-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Greetings glo.

The only way we use our bodies in worship is as taught by the Prophet (peace be upon him). So for example, in bowing and prostration during prayers, or in performing hajj and umrah, or a man earning a living for his family through lawful means etc. No other way is sanctioned in Islam.

Moving and dancing to nasheeds is not considered appropriate, nor as worship nor an expression of love to God.

Peace.

Periwinkle18
05-12-2013, 12:01 PM
No we don't move or dance to nasheeds.

We've been told that its better to listen to the recitation of the Quran.

glo
05-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks for your replies. I was just interested. I don't imagine I am the only person who feels moved to move to the music of nasheeds. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
05-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Buh we're not allowed to listen to nasheeds which have music in them :hmm:

ardianto
05-12-2013, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I am just wondering if that is something Muslims do? Move/dance along to nasheeds as a way of worship and expression of one's love to God?
There are Muslims who move/dance along to music as a way of worship and expression of one's love to God. I think you have heard about Whirling Dervishes.

But this is not something that ever been taught by Prophet Muhammad (saw). Just an innovation that created later.

glo
05-12-2013, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
Buh we're not allowed to listen to nasheeds which have music in them :hmm:
Oh, I thought nasheeds without musical instruments (other than drums) were allowed. I was following a thread called naats (sp?) here in the forum and listened to some there ...

Periwinkle18
05-12-2013, 02:41 PM
o;1582322]
Oh, I thought nasheeds without musical instruments (other than drums) were allowed. I was following a thread called naats (sp?) here in the forum and listened to some there ...
Nasheeds without musical instruments are allowed the duff can only b used

I misunderstood I thought u were talking abt the so called nasheeds which have musical instruments used in them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!