/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Islam

greenhill
05-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Salaam to all.

Out of curiosity, we have General, Comparative Religion and Miscellaneous sections in this forum 
but no specific section for getting advice or answers for 'grey' areas in practice or understanding specifically on islamic matters. Not about history or current events but on how to incorporation of islamic way into our life, or on points that are unclear, for example the Dog and Saliva thread. These are points of Islamic law, big or small, it has an effect, big effect at times on our way of life.

Give another example, let's take Riba' or interest. It could go under Comparative, but then we will be discussing it in comparison with the other beliefs too. If we want to limit it to riba' in islamic context, it neither belongs to General nor Miscellaneous threads. 

I see islam 'newbie' section for their questions, perhaps we can rename it to something that denotes clarification/explanation/elaboration on practices, laws, principles etc of islam and the sunnah. To ask how to do or clarification or anything specifically needing explanation. Of course the newbies will probably use it more but it is still the place for anyone to seek help in understanding a concept that is related to the Quran, the sunnah or the way of life of a muslim. A section perhaps named “Clarification” or something to that effect.

Any views or suggestions on this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
05-15-2013, 03:04 PM
:wasalamex

I think such questions could go in either Worship in Islam, Miscellaneous or Clarifications about Islam. The New Muslims section is for issues particularly affecting converts and is mainly for basic things.

greenhill
05-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Thank you,

How come I didn't see "Clarifications about Islam"?:embarrass:p

Woodrow
05-15-2013, 03:26 PM
:sl:

A very good opening post and topic.

At various times we have tried to have sections more directed towards advice and clarification of Islamic matter. But, overall it seems an open forum does not serve that purpose well. Some problems are that things get rather confusing with different opinions.
While we do have a clarification section, it is always best to seek advice from a live person and not a forum. A forum is a starting place not an end.

It has been found to be best if we serve simply as a very basic introduction to Islam and urge members to seek direct personal advice from local scholars and Imams. The closest Mosque is almost always a better source of information than all the forums in the world combined.

An original goal of this forum was/is for it to be a forum on which Muslims and Non-Muslims can interact with each other peacefully and for the Non-Muslims of the world to see how Muslims really are and not see just media stereotypes. I think the members here have done a favorable job at accomplishing that.

Us Muslim members have learned that non-Muslims are also fellow human travelers on this earth and In-sha-Allah some Non-Muslims, have found / will find, the same about us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-15-2013, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
An original goal of this forum was/is for it to be a forum on which Muslims and Non-Muslims can interact with each other peacefully and for the Non-Muslims of the world to see how Muslims really are and not see just media stereotypes. I think the members here have done a favorable job at accomplishing that.
Us Muslim members have learned that non-Muslims are also fellow human travelers on this earth and In-sha-Allah some Non-Muslims, have found / will find, the same about us.
We are indeed fellow travelers, Woodrow. That's a beautiful way of putting it. :)

I sometimes wish there was better peaceful interaction between Muslims and non-Muslims in this forum ... but God willing we are on the right path.
I can't speak for others, but many members here - Muslims and non-Muslims - are a great blessing to me. :statisfie

greenhill
05-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Salaams,

I see. Interaction and general knowledge rather than 'fatwa's. I can accept that. Thanks Woodrow for your explanation. I guess it is hard to get exact sections to cover every thought or topic.

Clarification in Islam is good enough for me. Just somehow did not see it as the list is set automatically at 10 and Clarification is 11 (out of the list) and to get there I have to change the listing to show 20 or more. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!