/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh, Myanmar prepare for arrival of Cyclone Mahasen

glo
05-15-2013, 08:39 PM
The brother of a friend of mine is going out with MapAction to help prepare for the arrival of Cyclone Mahasen, which is expected to make landfall and hit Chittagong and Myanmar later this week.

Pray for safety for all people affected by this potential catastrophe - especially the tens of thousands of Muslim refugees who are living in makeshift camps in low-lying areas. imsad

"Mahasen could be life threatening for millions of people in Bangladesh, Myanmar and India," Valerie Amos, the U.N.'s top official for humanitarian affairs, said in a statement Tuesday.

The number of people the storm will affect depends on the exact path it plows across the region and its strength when it reaches land.
Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-16-2013, 03:53 AM
Hi glo ,

Mahasen hit Sri Lanka and now it's coming to Bangladesh this afternoon imsad . We all are praying so that he becomes weak and can't harm us .

I hope , ur duaghter is in a safe place.

glo
05-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Muslim Woman, my daughter is still in Dhaka at the moment and due to travel out to Khagrachari on Friday. I am sure that they will delay the journey if it isn't safe.

What I am struck by is that the poorest are always hit the hardest.
Chances are the rich and the Westerners (including aid agencies) can get themselves into safety - the poorest and most vulnerable can't ... imsad

Muslim Woman
05-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi glo

good news is that Mahasen has become weaker :statisfie . It did not harm us as we feared . Thanks God .

Well , poor will go to heaven much earlier than the rich in this world and they will be the majoriy in heaven ( according to Islamic belief ) . So , in that sense they are lucky indeed.

I hope , ur daughter can travel tomorrow . Weather is calming down .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
05-19-2013, 03:39 PM
posted in other thread

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!