/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Houris

Alex28
05-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Salaam. I would appreciate a desciption of the houris that are in Jannah ? Let me know. Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-17-2013, 01:46 AM
The Etymology of the word basically means someone whose the white of their eyes is starkly contrasted to the dark of their eyes. It isn't a feminine nor masculine term.. hour alyen (Alyen) equals eyes in Arabic so the ones whose eyes are hour are as I described above and that's all there's is to it.
Paradise is described as such:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying that: Allah the Exalted and Glorious, said: I have prepared for My pious servants which no eye has ever seen, and no ear has ever heard, and no human heart has ever perceived but it is testified by the Book of Allah. He then recited:" No soul knows what comfort has been concealed from them, as a reward for what they did". (xxxii. 17)

Ahmad H
05-17-2013, 02:50 AM
For a complete description of them, I would first go to the following verses of the Holy Qur'an: 55:56-58, 55:70-74, 37:48-49, 38:52, 56:22-24, 44:54, 52:20.

There are Ahadith on this subject, but I can't seem to access the site for that right now for some odd reason. Something to do with my connection.

Alex28
05-17-2013, 06:58 PM
I would appreciate it if you could quote those verses. Thanks.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmad H
05-18-2013, 12:24 AM

These are the verses:

55:56 In them are maidens of restrained glances, [maidens]who have not been touched by any man or jinn before them.
55:57 So which of your Lord’s favours will you deny?
55:58 It is as though they are rubies and pearls.

55:70 In them are maidens [who are] good, beautiful
55:71 So which of your Lord’s favours will you deny?
55:72 Houris secluded in pavilions.
55:73 So which of your Lord’s favours will you deny?
55:74Untouched by any man before them or jinn.

37:48 and with them will be maidens of restrained glanceswith beautiful eyes,
37:49 as if they were hidden eggs.

38:52 And with them [there] will be maidens of restrainedglances of a like age.

56:22 and houris with wide eyes
56:23 resembling hidden pearls,
56:24 a reward for what they used to do.

44:54 So [shall it be]; and We shall pair them with hourisof beautiful eyes.

52:20 [They will be] reclining on ranged couches, and Wewill wed them to beautiful houris.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!