/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should rapists be executed or put away for life?

Darth Ultor
05-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Rapists and other sex offenders usually receive, at least in the US, a slap on the wrist and at most, five years in prison unless there's murder involved. I believe these people should be put to death or at least locked away for good. What rapists can do to their victims may not result in death but the emotional and physical aftereffects can be lasting especially if the victim was a child. They destroyed a life so their lives should be destroyed either with being executed or by living out the rest of their days in prison and most criminals hate people who commit violent crimes against women or children. But if they are not put away for life, the prison sentence should be longer, at least 20 years, and the rapist should be castrated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
05-17-2013, 11:22 AM
I believe there are 'laws' for these kinds of crimes. Like chopping off the hand for stealing and castration for rapists(?) etc. I cannot recall other examples but I am sure there are a few more.

The main problem with these punishments is the off chance that the wrong person gets the blame like in 'witch hunt' cases. These punishment are irreversible and hence need absolute integrity of the accuser which may not be so forthcoming in this day and age.

In the ideal world, these punishment would act as a deterrent against the temptation of committing the crime.

Yes I agree with you on the effects of these crimes on people, their life, self worth etc completely destroyed and trust in people gone, such a shame.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-17-2013, 11:59 AM
when you say "should" do you mean if we had our way how would it be?

if so then i would execute all beyond doubt rapists (ie been through the courts etc)

sister herb
05-17-2013, 01:13 PM
It seems to depend a lot the country and the cases of law. In my country has been discussions about kind of matters last times in the newspapers when people have been surprised that in some cases person who steal something might get punishment as some years in the jail but to rapist (even when victim has been a child) the judgement is conditional (in practice no jail).

The judges have told that punishment depends about many different matters but in general to people it is usually difficult to understand how stealing a car can be "bigger" crime than raping a child (not in every cases of course but in some cases).

+o(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
05-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Whilst all madhabs punish rapists, the harshest is probably from the Maliki's. They don't consider rape just rape, they also consider it Hirabah (closest translation is probably "terrorism"). Because if a woman could get raped in an Islamic state, then it means the streets aren't safe, leading to fear within the hearts of the civilians.

And the judge has to choose one of these punishments;

The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter. [Qur'an 5:33]

Hanbali's I believe, say the same with the exception that the person has to either; kidnap the woman, or use a sharp object for it to be hirabah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!