/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am New to Islam

Almostready
05-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Hello,
I am new to Islam well kinda, I have been reading about Islam for a couple years now but have not taken my Shahadah. My fiance is Muslim but I have been hesitant because I want to make sure that this is something that I can dedicate myself to. I do not want to jump into something because of who I am in a relationship with. Faith is a big deal and in the end I will be responsible for my own faith. I was not brought up in a severely religious household but I have found myself drawn to Islam ever since I first started reading about it. I will read for while and then put it down for a little bit and come right back to it lol. These last couple months in particular I have not been able to turn from it. I started praying and before you know it, I've been praying 5 times a day. Something I wasn't sure I could do is surely becoming a necessity. I am closer then ever before and still have questions so please if I offend anyone with my questions, I apologize in advance and thank you for any patience given to me :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
05-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

It is good to hear that you are drawn to Islam, and that you are learning about it to make sure. You will find that God is calling you and that you must respond.

I hope you will have a good stay here and that we can help you with your questions and in any way we can, God-willing.

May Allaah guide your heart to the truth, Aameen.

greenhill
05-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Peace to you and welcome to the forum.

I must say that this is one of the more intriguing situation I have come across :shade: whereby you are praying 5 times a day whilst still hesitant. Wow!

Will be interesting to hear what is holding you back?

crimsontide06
05-18-2013, 01:31 AM
welcome to the forum hope you find your answers

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah bird
05-18-2013, 06:53 AM
welcome to the forum , hope you have a beneficial stay

sister herb
05-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Peace with you

Welcome to forum. I liked your words as "I want to make sure that this is something that I can dedicate myself to. I do not want to jump into something because of who I am in a relationship with. Faith is a big deal and in the end I will be responsible for my own faith." Very sensible way to think - I was thinking same when I was looking for islam years ago.

:D

Almostready
05-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Thank You for the words of encouragement. I am not sure why I am still hesitant. It might seem like a no brainer to some but Islam is a way of life and a new way of life so change isn't always easy . Perhaps there is no better time then now.

~Zaria~
05-19-2013, 05:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Almostready
Thank You for the words of encouragement. I am not sure why I am still hesitant. It might seem like a no brainer to some but Islam is a way of life and a new way of life so change isn't always easy . Perhaps there is no better time then now.

Greetings Almostready,

I am glad to see that you have taken the time, effort and with the intention to understand this beautiful religion, Islam.

Sometimes, when all the pieces seem to fit together, and everything is in motion towards goodness - yet, there seems to be some type of hindrance in the way, then you should realise that this is Shaytaan fighting harder than ever to keep you away from the truth.

As you mention - there is 'no better time then now.'

The reason why this rings so true, is because the very nature of our lives is so uncertain.
We can never know what tomorrow will bring, and how many breathes are still left within us.
And if we consider the great importance of leaving this world with imaan (faith) - the kalimah on our lips, and being in a state of submission to our Creator, then we realise that time is not our friend....

May Allah place only goodness in your path, and fill your heart with His guidance.
Ameen

Periwinkle18
05-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Assalam o alikum

:welcome: to the forum sis hope u like it here n learn lots n lots

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!