/* */

PDA

View Full Version : American women married to Muslim man... LOTS of questions :)

marriedmusman
05-18-2013, 02:14 AM
As-salam alaykum

Thank you for reading my post. I am an American like the title of my post and my husband is a Muslim. We both live in America... I have never met his family and they do not know about me. He says that he is scared to tell his family but also says if I go to Jordan with him for a visit he will tell them then? He is actually going back for Ramadan and has asked me to go with him for the first week or last week of his visit. I have not made up my mind yet but am leaning more towards not going.

My biggest question is about his religion - His parents are very faithful to their Islam religion and my husband has total faith in Islam religion but does not practice everything. He participates in Ramadan and Eid but he does not pray 5 times a day. When I first met him he never prayed or if he did it was never in front of me. He did pray 5 times a day several months back when he thought he had cancer but it only lasted for a month.

Our marriage was very unorthodox... myself a Christian but I do not a practicing one. My husband Islam who in my opinion picks and choices what he wants to practice since he does not pray everyday. He was not a virgin when I met him and he knew I was not a virgin (he gets crazy when he thinks about that now not physical just says a lot of Arabic words that I do not understand lol) He does not use drugs or drink alcohol. He will not allow his friends to look at me or talk to me with the exception of a few but very briefly.

The other day I went to touch him when he got out of the shower and he stopped me and said I had to wait until he put his socks on because he waited to pray later. This confused me I guess if he isn't 100% practicing his religion why would it matter if I touched and kissed him before he put his socks on... and is that strange that he knows in the morning that later he wants to pray?

I married him because I loved him from the moment I laid eyes on him and he was the first man I have ever trusted... I found out a lot more about his past after we were married.. before we were married he led me to believe that he was a virgin before he came to America and after I found out that he was far from a virgin.He is with me 98% of the time when he is not working but works 60-70 hours a week. I find myself insecure and probably from my past. How can I tell how committed he is to me... if he picks and chooses his religion would he easily cheat on me and ask for forgiveness or should I know that he would never cheat on me because he shows me how much he loves me everyday...

He's going to Jordan for 40 days - how do Arabic couples stay away from each other and not worry about being unfaithful. He tells me its not easy to have sex in Jordan with someone unless you are married but he wasn't a virgin when he came here....
Someone help me please :) :) :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!