/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Muslims read Bible to Non-Muslims?

Iceee
05-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Question in short:
Can a muslim touch the Bible while they have wu'du?
Can a muslim read the Bible aloud to non-muslims?
Am I allowed to read Quran/Bible to Non-Mahrams?)

Salaam.

Yesterday, we had a long weekend in Canada called Victoria Day. I couldn't go to work, school, coach hockey and lots of my friends went to Niagra Falls etc.

So I took a bus trip to the local hospital (My mom says to do this when I'm bored). There were very few doctors and very few recipients at hospital. I brought my back-pack and brought the Quran and Al-Hadith with me when I went to the hospital. I would say hello/salaam to the sick patients and ask if I can pray for their well-being. Most say yes because they have their curtains open allowing guests to come and visit. If curtains are closed, I don't go inside.

So I read small surats of the Quran to the patients, both male and female, whether they were of Islamic faith or not. I think they just liked listening to me or the hope of survival for their illness. One patient asked if I can go downstairs, get a bible from the Prayer Room and read it to him. I wasn't sure if I was allowed or not but I decided to do it because not many patients were Muslims and they didn't understand the Quran in Arabic. They would thank me for praying/reading to them.

Can a muslim touch the Bible while they have wu'du?
Can a muslim read the Bible aloud to non-muslims? (In English)
Am I allowed to read Quran/Bible to Non-Mahrams?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
05-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Ja'Zakullah for approving.
Quick and simple answer appreciated.

Iceee
06-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Salaam

Was scrolling through my old threads, this came unanswered so I'll give you answer I received.

Reading the Quran is allowed, and that is what Prophet Muhammad use to do.
And visiting the sick is encouraged and you will get a major reward, its like charity.

But reading the bible isn't good. First off, parts of the bible are already in the Quran, and the Quran is the updated version of the bible, second you could when reading the bible you could run into Shirk such as calling Jesus, the son or God.
I don't remember Prophet Muhammad reading the bible to non-believers, but he use to read the Quran on them, as soon as a Surah is revealed, and some use to convert and some use to run away or put their fingers in their ears to stop it from entering their heart.

Quran is not only to Muslims it is Revealed to all human kind.

Bible is in it!
When some one again ask you to read the Bible, tel them it is in Quran: for ex: Surah Mariam, Sura Josef, Ibrahim,and so on..

May Allah SWA reword you for your effort.

Muslim Woman
06-29-2013, 05:44 AM
:wa:

answers were given by any scholar / mufti ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!