/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Life is short there is no time for enjoyment

hannifta
05-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Many people say "life is short so lets enjoy to the fullest" if we could only knew this life is a game, it's a test, it's all about being righteous, as long as we live in this world were shaytan is,there is no any enjoyment because shaytan does not back off until he brings you down . Allah told us everthing, what to do, what to eat, what to avoid, how the day of judgement will be and how to make shaytan back off and bring him down instead. SubhanAllah all praise be to Allah the loving one, without Allah we are all nothing. So lets all give thanks to Allah for being there for us. May Allah protect us from shaytan "Ameen"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
05-23-2013, 02:59 AM
أََللّٰهُمَّ أَحْسِنْ عَاقِبَتَنَا فِىْ الْاُ مُوْرِ كُلِّهَا وَأَجِرْنَا مِنْ خِزْىِ الدُّنْيَا وَعَذَابِ الْاٰخِرَةِ - O Allah! Grant a good end in all our matters and save us from humiliation of the world and the torment of the Hereafter.

Doing things in moderation is the way, intention is the key but what will be utmost in our mind in your final seconds of life? Laa ilaaha ilallah Muhammadurasulullah. Pray that we are granted a good end in all our matters, end of life especially. Amiin.

LauraS
05-23-2013, 08:30 AM
So God wouldn't want us to enjoy our lives?

This is something I don't understand, why did God decide to set up a giant test in which He created new beings and they have to spend their life working out if He's real. If they get it wrong they must suffer for eternity. What was the point? :hmm: And how are modern day people meant to know He exists when He apparently hasn't had any involvement with anyone on Earth for many many years and when He did speak to people on Earth and perform miracles it was only in the Middle East ignoring the rest of the world who then developed their own religions?

Hulk
05-23-2013, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraS

This is something I don't understand, why did God decide to set up a giant test in which He created new beings and they have to spend their life working out if He's real. If they get it wrong they must suffer for eternity. What was the point? And how are modern day people meant to know He exists when He apparently hasn't had any involvement with anyone on Earth for many many years and when He did speak to people on Earth and perform miracles it was only in the Middle East ignoring the rest of the world who then developed their own religions?
Your questions seems to be based on misundertanding. You are making it out as if it's a guessing game with a 50/50 chance of going to Hell or Heaven. If you were to use your reason then it is clear that God exists. Muslims are to spend their lives striving to be better muslims. It doesn't mean that there's no such thing as "fun". We have our portion in this world but the true goal is the hereafter and that is what we aim for.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
05-23-2013, 09:59 AM
He apparently hasn't had any involvement with anyone on Earth for many many years
Let's see now...

1.The rising of the sun

2.The rotation of the Earth

3.The expansion of the Universe

4.The water that flows in the sea

5.Rain

6.Animals and plants provided for humans to eat

As Muslims we should thank Allah for every provision that He have given to us

LauraS
05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
^^Yes but I'm referring to God actually interacting with people which apparently hasn't happened for a while. The list you have just mentioned can be explained by science for non-believers, they don't see it as proof of God. Also there's my point that God didn't bother with the rest of the world, just a very specific part which got all his attention. Why did God never interact with people in America or Africa? ^o)

greenhill
05-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Agree with you Hulk.

Once you 'submit', it is like a roller coaster ride. Exhilarating! Whatever the situation, you are firmly on rails and secured in your seat. It is when you 'fight' it that you don't really get to 'enjoy' the moment(s).

But your question, Laura, is like, how can I be certain? What is the proof? Everyone has that question.

To understand Allah and his message to mankind, read about the 25 prophets. It makes you see the consistencies and the real purpose. It is about accepting no other than Him as the Lord and doing good. We have to earn an honest living. That would be a start. Perhaps you will be inspired.

It is all in you, what you want to see, you will see. What you don't want to believe you won't believe.

The Quran and the 'sunnah' has remained. As a 'Seal' it's a sure sign of Allah's protection and it does not need another prophet to correct the message even after 1400 years. That, in itself is a miracle, or that everything the prophet did, it mimicked around the world to a varying degree. Do you want to know the message? Do you want to find out?

He sends the signs, perhaps repeatedly. We chose to ignore. We will be questioned of those too! Especially if we complain:D So easiest way is to say hey, if Allah says the story of mankind started with Adam (pbuh), why not give it a go? Read it and proceed from there.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM

This is something I don't understand, why did God decide to set up a giant test in which He created new beings and they have to spend their life working out if He's real. If they get it wrong they must suffer for eternity. What was the point? :hmm: And how are modern day people meant to know He exists when He apparently hasn't had any involvement with anyone on Earth for many many years and when He did speak to people on Earth and perform miracles it was only in the Middle East ignoring the rest of the world who then developed their own religions?
may i recommend you to listen to the talks of t j winters (abdul hakim murad) he, coming from a british background and having turned to islam in the prime of his youth beautifully explains this.

he is a lecturer at cambridge university and im sure you will benefit from his discourses

Gator
05-23-2013, 12:11 PM
I think your response is based on a misunderstanding.

She was specifically referring to the OP which stated:
format_quote Originally Posted by hannifta
Life is short there is no time for enjoyment
and

format_quote Originally Posted by hannifta
there is no any enjoyment

crimsontide06
05-23-2013, 12:23 PM
was only in the Middle East ignoring the rest of the world who then developed their own religions?
Someone with better history knowledge can correct me if I am wrong but at the time when prophets were sent from God only Europe, Asia, and Africa were populated which would mean AT THAT TIME the middle east was the center of the worlds population. The rest of the world was not explored yet..

Independent
05-23-2013, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
Someone with better history knowledge can correct me if I am wrong but at the time when prophets were sent from God only Europe, Asia, and Africa were populated which would mean AT THAT TIME the middle east was the center of the worlds population. The rest of the world was not explored yet..
No, this is not correct. The whole world was already long before settled including far-flung areas like Australia and the Americas. Large scale civilisations and cities developed first in the Fertile Crescent and in China, for reasons of natural resources, but there were smaller tribes or even smaller bands everywhere.

The problem of prophets reaching every community is more complicated than that. Traditional peoples live in tiny communities, often just a few hundred people. They would know the neighbouring bands and have virtually no contact with anybody beyond that. You would need to send thousands of prophets to cover even a small area. Studies of the Papua New Guinea highlands, which remained 'undiscovered' till the 1930s, revealed a massive farming population of over a million in thousands of separate and antagonistic communities.

Their religion showed a huge variety with no trace of Abrahamic influence (in fact the religion of traditional peoples tends to have very different characteristics from any religion of 'civilisation' - it serves a different function.)

hannifta
05-23-2013, 04:40 PM

Just following what God said and what his messenger peace be upon him said makes us enjoy life,many people when they say "lets enjoy life" all they think about is going to club, drinking, dancing, committing adultery and so on, may point here is if you want to enjoy life, enjoy it while doing good things that pleases God not wasting your time clubbing and so on. God is involved with everything,God doesn't ignore what he created. without God, there would have been no food, no water. we would have no protector, no guider, no helper. look right and left, look everything around you all those are the blessing of God. God's blessing are uncountable. God's mercy is all around us, who brings down the rain that's God and that's his mercy. God is the most merciful. everyone does what God doesn't like but yet God doesn't punish them quickly he still showers his blessing upon them, any people worship other things instead of there own creator the one who created them but yet God doesn't punish them quickly, he still showers his blessing upon them. Now tell me do you think God ignores mankind after all that he does for us until now. Everything around us is the prove that God exists. The blessings that God showers us with is the prove that God exists even though we are so ignorant that we don't even realize the blessings of God. the sun, the moon and the stars are also the prove that good exists. where did those come from? did it create it self or scientist did? the answer is no but God created it and that is what also shows us God exists.

Darth Ultor
05-23-2013, 04:56 PM
You can enjoy life without sinning. But there's the other extreme too.

Abz2000
05-23-2013, 05:23 PM
This is something I don't understand, why did God decide to set up a giant test in which He created new beings and they have to spend their life working out if He's real. If they get it wrong they must suffer for eternity. What was the point?
here's something to wonder about, what why did the education board decide to set up a giant test in which they created new questions and kids have to spend a good part of their life (the enjoyment part) struggling and studying hard while wondering if they're ever going to make it in the rat race? If they get it wrong they might suffer for the rest of their lives. What was the point?
why not just let them play and have fun?

Allathee khalaqa almawta waalhayata liyabluwakum ayyukum ahsanu AAamalan wahuwa alAAazeezu alghafooru

\
the fact is, as kids we will never be able to fully comprehend, but one thing we know for sure is that we have to try and make it.
what'sat stake is not the next 70 years, but eternty.

peace

YusufNoor
05-23-2013, 05:49 PM
:sl:

no time for enjoyment! what? i must beg to differ!

you can find enjoyment in prayer!

in seeking knowledge!

in performing acts of charity!

in teaching others!

spending time with loved ones!

erm, spousal privileges if you have a spouse!

a good nap!

a interesting book!

taking a walk!

the list is pretty long if you ask me!

hannifta
05-23-2013, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

in seeking knowledge!

in teaching others!

a good nap!

a interesting book!

taking a walk!

your right akhi but what l mean by saying "life is short there is no time for enjoyment" is, first truly indeed life is short no doubt about it because we can die any minute, any time, any where, any place we don't know when we will die. am talking about how many people say "life is short lets enjoy to the fullest" and if you ask those people how they will enjoy to the fullest all they will tell you is that by parting and so on. so that's why l said "this life is a test there is no time for enjoyment because as long as shaytan exists he will not leave you alone" But by following what Allah said and rasulullah (saw),if we really follow what they said then we can really enjoy life in dunya and in akhira.

May Allah subhan forgive me if l said anything wrong and May Peace and mercy of Allah be Upon our beloved prophet Mohammad (saw)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-23-2013, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor

in seeking knowledge!

in teaching others!

a good nap!

a interesting book!

taking a walk!

im sure even most non-muslims will agree with this.

makes me wonder why they bother with the repulsive evil actions

LauraS
05-23-2013, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
here's something to wonder about, what why did the education board decide to set up a giant test in which they created new questions and kids have to spend a good part of their life (the enjoyment part) struggling and studying hard while wondering if they're ever going to make it in the rat race? If they get it wrong they might suffer for the rest of their lives. What was the point?
why not just let them play and have fun?

Allathee khalaqa almawta waalhayata liyabluwakum ayyukum ahsanu AAamalan wahuwa alAAazeezu alghafooru

\
the fact is, as kids we will never be able to fully comprehend, but one thing we know for sure is that we have to try and make it.
what'sat stake is not the next 70 years, but eternty.

peace
Because people have to learn in order to get a job, earn money and buy food to live. Kids learn so they can work towards their ambitions and live the life they want. It's not the same as creating a whole race simply to test them- that's what I don't understand. If Allah wanted humans to look after the world he had created why not remain a constant presence so they know He's there and can live in peace and worship Him. Why the test? And don't just say rainfall and other natural things are his presence and prove his exist because they don't really- not for non-believers. Non-believers see rain and think it was caused by water evaporating, that these are all natural processes. When I say a presence I mean actually reveal Himself- if He wants to be worshiped.

Hulk
05-23-2013, 08:18 PM
And don't just say rainfall and other natural things are his presence and prove his exist because they don't really- not for non-believers. Non-believers see rain and think it was caused by water evaporating, that these are all natural processes. When I say a presence I mean actually reveal Himself- if He wants to be worshiped.
It seems that your idea of knowing something's existence is for it to be literally showed to you in front of your eyes(or the other four senses). Is that the only way you know something exists? This is why if one were to truly think about it one would find that the atheist point of view is illogical. Do you honestly think that your five senses are so good that they can perceive everything in existence? You can't even see microbes without using a microscope and you want to see God? If you were sitting on a beach alone and suddenly a small rock drops on top of your head, you would wonder where it came from wouldn't you? Because you know that it cannot have possibly come from nowhere. Simple logic! Yet somehow when it comes to the Creator of the universe you have trouble believing that He exists? That's like waking up in someone's house, not seeing the owner there, you use everything as if it belongs to you and somehow think that the house has no owner. Where's the logic in that?

And saying that "non-believers see rain and think it was caused by water evaporating, that these are all natural process." Do you honestly think that believers deny the process of evaporation? Since you brought it up though, please think it through. You say that it is a natural process. Ok then, that means it has it's own set of traits/laws that it adheres to. But do you not reflect on Who ordained for it to have such characteristics(what you call natural)? Just because we understand the means of how something works doesn't mean we reject its Creator.

---
And to op I'm sorry this thread sort of got derailed. Seems like a lot of people jumped on it without actually understanding what it means.

If I may share a verse from the Quran.

"..But seek, through that which Allah has given you, the home of the Hereafter; and [yet], do not forget your share of the world. And do good as Allah has done good to you. And desire not corruption in the land. Indeed, Allah does not like corrupters.""
Quran Sura Al Qasas Verse 77

Abz2000
05-24-2013, 10:39 PM
2X=4
X=4/2
Therefore
X=2

We had to learn it before the exams
We've seen abundant signs in the past few decades, the fact that your leaders try to suppress them should raise alarm bells as to their intentions and make you wonder why they fear the truth so much.
If you can't comprehend them, don't bother asking, just ponder,
Peace

جوري
05-24-2013, 11:45 PM
fact is the way the system is set us isn't conducive at all to learning or even healthy competition. The golden age of Islam happened for several reasons. One of them was folks weren't so money crazed, it wasn't about the mill of life. It was actually about science and technology and art and architecture. Not about pay check to pay check to put food on the table. :Allah::swt: has given us enough resources in the earth to cover what we need to live and eat so that it isn't all that we're thinking about all the time. He created for every region just what it needs. Ever think of why the Baobab tree grows in the most arid regions or why a humming bird's beak is the way it is? :Allah::swt: told us that we wouldn't go hungry if we played fair we would truly know there's enough for everyone's needs but not enough for everyone's greed in this case 90% of the people work most of their lives scraping by the rest are below poverty line and only an elite 2% who has never seen the inside of a anchovies packed classroom looks like are living it up on our sweat blood and tears.
Life as defined by capitalists is what you can grab from it and what it can grab from you. There's no ambitions, no dreams no science no architecture .. it is all just a means to an end and the end is the dollar!

:w:

GodIsAll
05-29-2013, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by العنود
fact is the way the system is set us isn't conducive at all to learning or even healthy competition. The golden age of Islam happened for several reasons. One of them was folks weren't so money crazed, it wasn't about the mill of life. It was actually about science and technology and art and architecture. Not about pay check to pay check to put food on the table. :Allah::swt: has given us enough resources in the earth to cover what we need to live and eat so that it isn't all that we're thinking about all the time. He created for every region just what it needs. Ever think of why the Baobab tree grows in the most arid regions or why a humming bird's beak is the way it is? :Allah::swt: told us that we wouldn't go hungry if we played fair we would truly know there's enough for everyone's needs but not enough for everyone's greed in this case 90% of the people work most of their lives scraping by the rest are below poverty line and only an elite 2% who has never seen the inside of a anchovies packed classroom looks like are living it up on our sweat blood and tears.
Life as defined by capitalists is what you can grab from it and what it can grab from you. There's no ambitions, no dreams no science no architecture .. it is all just a means to an end and the end is the dollar!

:w:
Bingo!

Submission to the will and intentions of God is to be in a state of peace, harmony and gratification.
Laura, I can relate to your post, I really can. Here's what's fascinating on a personal level: The more I learned to do as our Creator demands, the more gratified I felt. The less I worried about making money, the more financially secure my family became. Be concerned with following God's path...as opposed to those expectations of friends', or society. Listen, pray and obey. Submit and obey. That will lead to more satisfaction and enjoyment than chasing some human's idea of success or accomplishment.

There will be sacrifice, but I have never known anyone who is solid and an example of all that is best in humans who wasn't proud to make sacrifices. What is amazing is the energy, joy and gratification you'll experience putting others before you.

We have all been given a passion from God. My advice would be to embrace it. Create. And do it in a way that is pleasing to God and beneficial to your fellow human kind. The "paycheck" will take care of itself.

Personally, I nigh fell into a few poor decisions regarding a spouse. I was so close to marriage a few times with a woman that looked a certain way, was the envy of my testosterone friends. How shallow! How pathetic! I believe I was saved from a lifetime of misery by waiting for who God wanted as a lifetime partner. Praise and everlasting gratitude for who God brought into my life. This is a woman who has a heart far better than I deserve.

I will cease rambling. In short, my total belief: submission and trust in our Creator is a wonderful way to exist in our span here.

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Well I'm having fun practicing as a Muslim. I'm a very happy individual. Slightly deranged at times especially when confronted with adorable pictures of animals:

greenhill
05-29-2013, 04:24 PM
GodIsAll,After reading your post about 'listen, pray, obey' I came across this verse...

'That ye believe in Allah and His Messenger, and that ye strive (your utmost) in the Cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but knew!'
 61:11

Fits?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!