/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal job

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 02:22 PM
:wa:

I left my job. FEEL FREE AS A BIRD! :D NEVER WILL I EVER WORK IN BUSINESS AND FINANCE. DROVE ME ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!! Seriously I lost sleep over it.

Now that's behind me. What now? I want a halal job. I don't care about making a lot of money. Becoming self employed is what I'm thinking about.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
05-29-2013, 02:32 PM
movie moment bro

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 02:41 PM
You want me to make movies? Sorry I'm not creative.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-29-2013, 03:04 PM
lol no i meant i can imagine you singing in the rain *movie moment*

sounds like you had a lot of stress bro. nothing is more stressful then wondering if your income is halal eh

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadan90
05-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Great decision brother. May Allah reward you and give you a halal job. :)

What are you interested in?

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 03:48 PM
^ I'm not sure...

I have thought about buying and selling over the Internet. I have no idea where to start.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-29-2013, 04:35 PM
its ok bro just keep making them duas and Allah will open up a way for you inshAllah

buying and selling siunds good but you need the know how

i have a dream of owning my own little shop someday inshaAllah. i want to sell islamic books that i feel adhere to classicle islam rather then most of the brainwashing material out there at the moment in english

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Well I know many Muslims that just download Islamic books instead of buying them. :/

IbnAbdulHakim
05-29-2013, 04:39 PM
^ i enciurage that. if they want to download it thats fine. but my bookstore will be available to them and my sincere advice with it :-)

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 04:41 PM
It's not fine. If you can afford it, PAY FOR IT THEN! :/

Anyway what kind of stuff shall I sell?

I might as well go to the streets and say,

"Junk, junk, get your fresh junk."

Ramadan90
05-29-2013, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow
^ I'm not sure...

I have thought about buying and selling over the Internet. I have no idea where to start.
Okay, I see. You need to be specific of what exactly you want to sell. Set specific goals, pay your dues(develop core skills that are necessary for you business), find strategies, plan and execute. Remember that it is extremely important to develop the skills you need to run a business if you want to succeed. Look for organizations that train and develop your skills.

Good luck my brother

IbnAbdulHakim
05-29-2013, 04:45 PM
^ lol if they read the material bro im happy

main reason i want to open up a bookshop is so that people get exposure to the right type of islamic classical books that havent been tampered with.

i dream of having this alongside a website and free dwnloadable content audio oevture etc

it wouldnt bther me jf i had to do this fi sabeelillaah as long as i have some sort of income to get by

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
Okay, I see. You need to be specific of what exactly you want to sell. Set specific goals, pay your dues(develop core skills that are necessary for you business), find strategies, plan and execute. Remember that it is extremely important to develop the skills you need to run a business if you want to succeed. Look for organizations that train and develop your skills.

Good luck my brother
I know how to run a business. I've been managing other people's businesses. That was my job. LOLOLOLOL. How ironic...

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ lol if they read the material bro im happy

main reason i want to open up a bookshop is so that people get exposure to the right type of islamic classical books that havent been tampered with.

i dream of having this alongside a website and free dwnloadable content audio oevture etc

it wouldnt bther me jf i had to do this fi sabeelillaah as long as i have some sort of income to get by
Oh well good luck! You will need it...seriously.

Ramadan90
05-29-2013, 04:57 PM
I know how to run a business. I've been managing other people's businesses. That was my job. LOLOLOLOL. How ironic...
LOL, sorry. I did not mean anything bad or tried to lecture you. You said "I have no idea where to start" and I was trying to tell you how to go about. :p

Anyway, I hope Allah makes your dream come true. :)

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 04:59 PM
LOL, sorry. I did not mean anything bad or tried to lecture you. You said "I have no idea where to start" and I was trying to tell you how to go about. :p

Anyway, I hope Allah makes your dream come true. :)
Nah you didn't say anything wrong. Don't apologise. I mean I don't know what kind of business to run.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-29-2013, 05:02 PM

Oh well good luck! You will need it...seriously.
this is where we disagree bro.

i think this is an endeavour Allah will support from al-ghayb inshAllaah

luck plays no part in my life bro :-P

Ramadan90
05-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Nah you didn't say anything wrong. Don't apologise. I mean I don't know what kind of business to run.
Oh, okey. Thanks . Maybe start blogging about Islam(sell e-books, write articles, etc)? Selling islamic books? Islamic banking? Your own halal food shop in a area where a lot of muslims live? :)

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
this is where we disagree bro.

i think this is an endeavour Allah will support from al-ghayb inshAllaah

luck plays no part in my life bro :-P
Do it from a website. Don't bother opening a store. PLEASE DON'T. I BEG YOU!

Oh, okey. Thanks . Maybe start blogging about Islam(sell e-books, write articles, etc)? Selling islamic books? Islamic banking? Your own halal food shop in a area where a lot of muslims live? :)
Hmmmmmm not enough money for Islamic banking, not enough money for halal food shop

How do blogger makes money? Why is it called blogging? :/ What a weird name.

Ramadan90
05-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Do it from a website. Don't bother opening a store. PLEASE DON'T. I BEG YOU!

Hmmmmmm not enough money for Islamic banking, not enough money for halal food shop

How do blogger makes money? Why is it called blogging? :/ What a weird name.
True. It does require some resources from start, and money is one of them.

Blogers make money through blog advertising, selling e-books, speaking, 1-1 coaching etc. It is a business.

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Actually I need therapy. My old job drove me bonkers.

Ramadan90
05-29-2013, 05:31 PM
It was that bad? Islam is your therapy brother. Be patient.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Do it from a website. Don't bother opening a store. PLEASE DON'T. I beg you.
ive already started the cyber dawah but that aint enough bro lol
You worry too much :-p

GuestFellow
05-29-2013, 06:26 PM
^ keep it online! :/

Ali Mujahidin
05-30-2013, 03:50 AM

I left my job. FEEL FREE AS A BIRD! :D NEVER WILL I EVER WORK IN BUSINESS AND FINANCE. DROVE ME ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!! Seriously I lost sleep over it.

Now that's behind me. What now? I want a halal job. I don't care about making a lot of money. Becoming self employed is what I'm thinking about.
The only thing which comes to mind is to start your own website. Since you said you don't care about making a lot of money, you have a headstart. This means that you can concentrate on populating your site with quality content. Islam is a very big topic. Perhaps you can choose one aspect of Islam that you are very interested in and concentrate on it. Or you can try to do it the way I am doing my own site. I am just putting in content which is related to Islam. I believe, eventually, I will find my niche.

Does having a site about Islam generate any income? I am sure it does. Just google for, say, 'Islamic products affiliate programs' and you will find plenty to choose from.

sister herb
05-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Salam alaykum

Create halal restaurant/cafee. Take some course of cooking. My friend where I live created one - halal food only. I help him sometimes in his restaurant.

Ooooh sambosas. He is from Somalia.

;D

You can use all recipes from IB Kitchen Club I have posted. They all are halal.

GodIsAll
05-30-2013, 04:13 AM
LOL, I understand!
Congratulations! God has opened a door for you and your true niche will be found. I am happy for you and will pray for you. Enjoy the journey with confidence.

GuestFellow
05-30-2013, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum

Create halal restaurant/cafee. Take some course of cooking. My friend where I live created one - halal food only. I help him sometimes in his restaurant.

Ooooh sambosas. He is from Somalia.

;D

You can use all recipes from IB Kitchen Club I have posted. They all are halal.
:sl:

Yeah ummmmm I don't have enough money for that. :/ Sorry but nice idea.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
The only thing which comes to mind is to start your own website. Since you said you don't care about making a lot of money, you have a headstart. This means that you can concentrate on populating your site with quality content. Islam is a very big topic. Perhaps you can choose one aspect of Islam that you are very interested in and concentrate on it. Or you can try to do it the way I am doing my own site. I am just putting in content which is related to Islam. I believe, eventually, I will find my niche.

Does having a site about Islam generate any income? I am sure it does. Just google for, say, 'Islamic products affiliate programs' and you will find plenty to choose from.
Okay...sounds hard because I never did anything like this before. I'll go for it.

format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
LOL, I understand!
Congratulations! God has opened a door for you and your true niche will be found. I am happy for you and will pray for you. Enjoy the journey with confidence.
Thank you for your kind words. Really encouraging.

Ali Mujahidin
05-31-2013, 12:13 AM
:sl:

Okay...sounds hard because I never did anything like this before. I'll go for it.
Yes, it does sound hard when you have never done it before. Same thing happened to me many years ago before I first started. Making a website seemed like magic. What I did was to start playing around with free sites.

You can take your first steps into cyber space with Wordpress.com or Blogger.com. Both are free and both are blogging platforms. I have both but I prefer Wordpress because from that initial free platform I can progress to my own self-hosted Wordpress site. I suggest you do the same.

The next thing to do is to start writing. Write like you would write in your diary. Never mind about who is going to read it. Just write first. If you worry too much about the quality of your writing, you will never get started.

If you need any help, just ask. No promises but I can share what I know. No fee needed either.:statisfie

nila11
05-31-2013, 07:47 AM
Allah also said the man you must be do straggle and Halal your income because it’s a big part of Muslim faith.

bangaliteen
06-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Why did it drive you crazy? What major you had? What kind of job you had?

I am asking cuz I wanted to go into that field

Go into accounting isn't that halal? or perhaps do some other stuff but you don't have 2 deal w/ money or accounts

GuestFellow
06-07-2013, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bangaliteen
Why did it drive you crazy? What major you had? What kind of job you had?

I am asking cuz I wanted to go into that field

Go into accounting isn't that halal? or perhaps do some other stuff but you don't have 2 deal w/ money or accounts

1. It drove me crazy because there was so much work and had to deal with rude managers and clients. I do not appreciate being yelled at.

2. I have no degree. I managed to get a job through a combination of completing vocational qualifications and work experience placements.

3. I worked in accounts firm. My main job was preparing accounts (financial and management accounts) and tax. Sometimes I was involved in audits and financial advice.

If you want to work for the top firms then you need a good degree from a good university (probably top 10). A good degree would probably be economics or mathematics. Avoid finance and accounting degrees as they are far too common. Even candidates with science background will be considered. You will need significant work experience to be considered. You must be confident, have strong communications and deal with all sorts of people. Knowledge of foreign languages will be useful to stand out.

You could start off as an administrative assistant and work your way up and study at the same time. This is what I did.

I just don't want to work in business and finance. I hate it.

Sorry hope I'm not putting you off. You might like it. I don't know. It's one of those things you need to experience. I personally hate anything to do with business/finance/accounting/legal. BORING and STRESSFUL.

bangaliteen
06-07-2013, 02:38 AM

1. It drove me crazy because there was so much work and had to deal with rude managers and clients. I do not appreciate being yelled at.

2. I have no degree. I managed to get a job through a combination of completing vocational qualifications and work experience placements.

3. I worked in accounts firm. My main job was preparing accounts (financial and management accounts) and tax. Sometimes I was involved in audits and financial advice.

If you want to work for the top firms then you need a good degree from a good university (probably top 10). A good degree would probably be economics or mathematics. Avoid finance and accounting degrees as they are far too common. Even candidates with science background will be considered. You will need significant work experience to be considered. You must be confident, have strong communications and deal with all sorts of people. Knowledge of foreign languages will be useful to stand out.

You could start off as an administrative assistant and work your way up and study at the same time. This is what I did.

I just don't want to work in business and finance. I hate it.

Sorry hope I'm not putting you off. You might like it. I don't know. It's one of those things you need to experience. I personally hate anything to do with business/finance/accounting/legal. BORING and STRESSFUL.
I wanted to get finance degree cool you didn't need a degree wow, your lucky, hmm boring but I love Math, well ok I guess do something you like
thanks 4 the advice

Muhaba
06-07-2013, 04:23 AM
Do market research. find a market niche. What is in demand? What can you provide that others are not providing? For example, there may be a high demand for affordable Abayas, scarves and Islamic clothing in Western countries. Can you find a middle eastern supplier that will supply you quality items at a lower rate than what is being sold in your area? Can you then sell the items at a much lower rate than competitors giving you an advantage over them wile also earning you a profit?
How will you get the things? Have them shipped to you or will you go to the middle east to pick them up? Which method will cost less? How will you market your items? online or through local stores? How will you get people to know about your business? Flyers in masjid, ads in Islamic newsletters and magazines? Islamic schools? etc.

Good luck in your new endeavor.

Muhaba
06-07-2013, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bangaliteen
I wanted to get finance degree cool you didn't need a degree wow, your lucky, hmm boring but I love Math, well ok I guess do something you like
thanks 4 the advice
After you get your degree consider studying for CMA certification with one of the big four accounting firms. That should put you above others when applying for job. Many employers require getting aa certification such as CMA or ACCA but prefer applicants who have done the course with one of the big four companies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!