/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rich muslims

GuestFellow
06-01-2013, 10:57 PM
:sl:

I'm aware that rich Muslims need to pay Zakat just like other Muslims. They must also spend their money on halal products and services. However, is there a rule as to how they should spend their money?

For example there is a Saudi Prince who spends money on yachts, several expensive cars and owns huge palaces/land. This makes me sick knowing that there are poor Muslims who need help and this money could have been spent in a better way. However is this halal? Is it permissible to spend so much money on luxury goods?

I tend to purchase expensive antiques as a hobby myself so I feel like a hypocrite when I judge other rich Muslims with regards to spending habits.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali Mujahidin
06-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Alright, I am about to give a very unqualified answer since I am not a Muslim scholar.

One, is their source of income halal? If so, then they are entitled to their wealth, no matter how much it is. Two, have they paid their zakat, both the personal zakat and the zakat of wealth? If so, then they are entitled to their wealth, no matter how much it is. Three, are they spending their wealth on something that is halal? If so, then they are entitled to spend their wealth, no matter how much they spend of it. Will they be questioned, in akhirah, about how they spend their wealth? Yes, they will and they will have to answer for themselves.

Same as we will have to answer for ourselves on how we spend our wealth. So let's concentrate on being able to answer for what is ours and let others worry about having to answer for what is theirs.

GuestFellow
06-02-2013, 10:56 AM
^ Good point but it just got me curious.

Should I sell my antiques and give the money to charity? :/ As much as I like to collect stuff I rather not unintentionally be committing a sin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!