/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Abuse Awareness

anonymous
06-02-2013, 07:27 PM
salaamu alaykum

i'm the mother of an abused child, she was abused by my husband and his family has a history of abuse and incest involving those in and outside of the family.

i've found the family to be secretive and scared and i dont know many other muslims who've experienced anything like this so i've no idea what to do. police have been involved and my husband has been convicted so that side is dealt with to an extent.

are there any support groups or others in this position? and how do we stop these things remaining hidden?

no one in my inlaws family wants to talk to the authorities about it or bring the perpretrators to justice and i dont ever hear and imaams or sheikhs addressing the issue of abuse in the community, though through my research i know there have been cases of abuse by imaams in the UK so i know abuse is a big issue, its just not being opened up so we've no idea how much of it goes on.

i'm considering starting a group myself or a website where those in my position can talk to each other and support each other and also begin to unveil this hidden world in our community.

any thoughts would be helpful. i would simply ask anyone who reads this to be mindful that this can happen to anyone, and that it does happen. and to perhaps raise the issue of Abuse Awareness with your local masjid.

peace be on you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-02-2013, 08:59 PM
:salamext:

plz check this: http://muslimmatters.org/tag/child-abuse/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!