/* */

PDA

View Full Version : plz help me

fatima123
06-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Hello, ASALAM O ALAIKUM
I'm 14 and I live in Austria. I have a problem that my parents don't like Islam, they are full of prejudice :( I am trying to slowly tell them a bit about Islam, what I hear in internet, I converted to Islam without them knowing about it....
Anyway I am learning arabic and learning the prayers, well I converted about 1 month ago inshallah I will learn it fast :)
also I want to fulfill the conditions of hijab as soon as possible... but its not easy. My parents won't accept me being a muslim and I am too young to be thrown out so what will they do? Im not afraid. but I can't imagine. My parents mean a lot to me.... I had some problems in school and I even wanted to kill myself some time.... oh thanks allah to lead me to the right path I could have died as non-muslim....
my parents were the only reason for me staying here, I didnt want to do that to them.
and now I dont know how to tell them I have entered Islam.
Also if I go to school with hijab... our school hasnt got seperated gender education.
I am just confused how.
but i want to look in the mirror and know allah is pleased with me I wish to fulfill hijab..
have you any suggestions??
thank you.... :) may allah bless you all...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
06-08-2013, 01:50 AM
Wa alaykumsalam

sorry for late response. first of all mashaAllah it is good to know that you're muslim. There is another sister on here who is about the same age as you who is a convert as well but she very rarely posts. You will have to be very patient with your parents. I have a few friends who are converts and they went through similar challenges as you and alhamdulillah thing eventually worked out for them. It would be good if you can attend classes on Islam if there are any in your area being conducted by a knowledgable muslim teacher.

It is very important in Islam to seek knowledge as it affirms your faith, at the same time you have to have patience and humility in learning as well as in all other aspects of life.

It would be good if you can get in touch with some muslim sisters that you might know personally but if not then know that there are muslims in this forum that you can interact with. Even if you can't get on the forums. Always remember that you are not alone. Always turn to Allah. He knows your strengths and your weaknesses.

Muslim Woman
06-08-2013, 02:38 AM
:wa:

sis , Welcome to Islam .

I pray that Allah makes it easy for u to practice Islam . May Allah guides ur parents.

u may give them a copy of holy Quran to read ; there are many interesting debates between Muslim and Christian missionaries , u can watch those with them . Mary and Jesus pbut in Islam - u may collect those cd , books for them , they may find these interesting to read.

keep praying to Allah to grant what is best for u . As sis told already , try to find some Muslim sisters / groups . Do u have mosque in ur area ? U may contact there.

fatima123
06-08-2013, 11:37 AM
thank you for the responses :)
the nearest mosque to me is 2 hours and 10 minutes away... there are lots of muslim girls in my country, in my single town there are 2 i know, but I don't really recognize them as muslim, they don't wear Hijab, act like Austrians talk like Austrians, the only difference is that they are calling themselves muslim and don't go to religious education in school... :(
may allah guide their way back to the light...

format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
There is another sister on here who is about the same age as you who is a convert as well but she very rarely posts.

Can you tell me the name of that sister if you don't mind? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
06-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalam sister Fatima,

All praise is for Allah the Most Great Who guided you to the right path. It is a special blessing that Allah guided you at such a young age, and this will also be met with challenges. No matter how old or young we are, we are always met with challenges.

It's important to take things step by step. Focus on the most important things first. And be careful of overburdening yourself all at once, because you might burn out, as happens to many people. Try to increase your knowledge about the basics of Islam - learn more about Allah and the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam). This will help to strengthen your faith and remind you of why you must pray and do all the other things.

Try to maintain the relationship with your parents by being kind to them. Islam teaches us to be good to parents, even if they are disbelievers. Many reverts face the difficulty of family not wanting them to be a Muslim, and sometimes they hide their Islam until the time is right. Perhaps you can show them the positive influence that Islam has had on you, and this might make it easier for them to accept. Here are some older threads and useful links which might contain helpful advice:
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ng-family.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...time-home.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...my-family.html
http://muslimconverts.com/converts_i...n-to-islam.htm
http://web.archive.org/web/200708140...com/family.htm

Don't give up, even when things become difficult, and always keep asking Allaah for His help. May Allaah the Most High protect you and keep you steadfast and make things easy for you, Aameen.

Hulk
06-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Alhamdulillah at least there are muslims around. Try to see this journey of yours as a marathon rather than a sprint. Allah loves those who do good deeds consistently even if it was a small deed.

And as Bro Muhammad above mentioned be kind to your parents. Being grateful to them is part of being grateful to Allah. They are part of your blessings but also remember that they can be a trial for you. Strive to be a better muslim and have trust in Allah. Whatever challenges that comes your way turn to Him for guidance.

As to the sister well I believe her username is starts with an S but I don't quite recall what it was. Perhaps if you stick around long enough you will see her InshaaAllah.:statisfie

fatima123
06-08-2013, 05:23 PM
ok :) no problem and thank you hulk

and thank you a lot brother muhammad for these links, it is very helpfull :)

Yanal
06-09-2013, 04:00 AM
:sl: Sister,

Praise be to Allaah, for whom has shown you the correct path. May you be blessed and rewarded by him. This is the initial reaction by your parents, they care for you, they know you are young and naive. They want the best for you in every facet of your life. You must understand their perspective and where they are coming from. But it is a good thing that you have not hidden the fact that you have converted from them, slowly and steadily you might be able to influence them and assist them to engage into seeking more knowledge about Islam. Until then you have to remain strong in your deen and continue to grow under the blessings of Allaah.

If you ever feel depleted of your energy or lack motivation you should always remember why you first converted towards Islam. Insha'Allaah Allaah will help you and give you and your family guidance from this ordeal that you are facing. Always remember you are not alone. You must remain respectful and grateful to your parents as Islam lays a great emphasis upon the believers to rever and render their services to the parents.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-11-2013, 06:09 PM
may Allah make it easier for you !

I encourage you to strengthen yourself with remembrance of our beloved's live sallallahi alaihi wasallaam and his companions and their hardships and the hardships of the prophets.

you will need this strength! and Im sure Allaah is always watching over you,l subhanAllah you are inspirational

Hamza Asadullah
06-15-2013, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fatima123
ok :) no problem and thank you hulk

and thank you a lot brother muhammad for these links, it is very helpfull :)
:sl:

Islam is growing rapidly in Austria as well as throughout Europe and the entire world as Islam is the fastest growing way of life. There are loads of Islamic organisations and Islamic centres you can get in touch with in Austria. There is a vast list of them in this link:

http://www.islamicfinder.org/worldIs...=austria&lang=

Please be sure to avoid any Shia affiliated ones. Ask if there are any Muslim sisters groups or circles near your area that you can get involved with. Even if they can get you in touch with some Muslim sisters especially revert sisters like yourself then that would benefit you greatly.

Please do let us know how you are and whether you need any help or support as we are here for you.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!