/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Husband Jailed & flogged for slapping wife for impoliteness to relatives

Predator
06-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Seems to be a one off case. Never heard about it .

Is there any such ruling in KSA and is it gender neutral ? Will the woman be flogged if she did the same ?

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-arabia/husband-to-be-flogged-for-slapping-wife-in-saudi-arabia-1.1192906

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bangaliteen
06-07-2013, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Predator
Seems to be a one off case. Never heard about it .

Is there any such ruling in KSA and is it gender neutral ? Will the woman be flogged if she did the same ?

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-arabia/husband-to-be-flogged-for-slapping-wife-in-saudi-arabia-1.1192906
He deserves it, he shouldn't have hit his wife, and I would think yes she would be flogged too since they flog women also. Also the husband is stronger and hits harder so I would think less punishment but still flogged nonetheless
Prophet Muhammad (saw) didn't hit his wives and he said to be kind to your wives so we should follow the Sunnah

Oh yea there is a hadith that says you cant hit any1 in the face and you cant beat your wives either

Prophet Muhammad (saw) said "Do not hit the face and do not disfigure"

Al Bukhari and Muslim narrated that the Prophet:saws1: said: "He who slaps his cheeks, tears his clothes and follows the ways and traditions of the Days of Ignorance is not one of us."

crimsontide06
06-07-2013, 04:29 AM
He needs to be slapped 200 times, spit in the face then thrown in jail!! I don't know where this male superiority complex comes from, it's not religion because it's everywhere!! disgusting!!

Who cares if she's impolite?? boo hoo.. cry me a river.

Muslim Woman
06-07-2013, 07:11 AM
:sl:

looks like he got more punishment than he deserved . Only one slap and in return he got " 10 days in prison and 30 lashes.

I wonder , what's the basis of the punishment ? One lash should be enough for one slap .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jedi_Mindset
06-07-2013, 09:39 AM
I think this punishment is valid, but i think his wife should also have some sort of punishment for bad mouthing him all the time, then ofcourse its understandable he flips one day. He stated that she was impatient with him, probably arguing all the time. Husband should have more patience while arguing and control his anger.

Men and women dont know their roles anymore to make a married life good.

Perseveranze
06-07-2013, 11:29 AM
It would be ta'zir and done at the judges discretion. The Qadi would've believed this punishment was enough of a deterrent against the man and others like him from doing the act again. Max he could give in ta'zir is around 40 lashes, so he gave 30 instead.

Still seems a bit harsh, because I've seen scholars mention that in such cases where husbands transgress limits against their wives, the wife should be entitled to divorce and Qisas (ie. in this context, slap the person back in the same way they done to them). Of course, we don't know the details of the case, so we really can't say much about it.

And no, there's no guarantee that a woman would get the same punishment.

sister herb
06-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Salam alaykum

Maybe both of them should punish by some lecture about islamic behavior?

No need to speak rude, behavior rude or hit anyone.

What that sounds?

Predator
06-07-2013, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
He needs to be slapped 200 times, spit in the face then thrown in jail!! I don't know where this male superiority complex comes from, it's not religion because it's everywhere!! disgusting!!

What do you mean who cares if she's impolite ? Islam teaches us not to treat parents kindly and not repulse them .I suppose you will enjoy it if some one insults your parents .Freaking troll

GuestFellow
06-07-2013, 01:23 PM

That's probably why she got slapped in the first place.

UmmuShaheed
06-07-2013, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GuestFellow

That's probably why she got slapped in the first place.
Which is what got him that type of punishment I'm sure he will now think twice before putting his hands on her.

Jedi_Mindset
06-07-2013, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmuShaheed
Which is what got him that type of punishment I'm sure he will now think twice before putting his hands on her.
And the woman doesnt get anything for disrespecting his family?

UmmuShaheed
06-07-2013, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
I

Men and women dont know their roles anymore to make a married life good.
Couldn't agree more. Our religion gave both male and female equal roles to play, if we were to stick to it, marriage would be far smoother. And disagreements could be settled properly.

UmmuShaheed
06-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Of course she should neither parties are innocent but slapping someone in the face is out of the question.

UmmuShaheed
06-07-2013, 02:17 PM

Everyone's parents are dear to them, so when they get disrespected naturally we get angry.
He had a right to be upset with his wife, but he could have handled it differently.
Allahu 3alam.

Jedi_Mindset
06-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Of course she should neither parties are innocent but slapping someone in the face is out of the question.
True that. But your post sounded like another attempt to victimize women hence i replied on it like that, sorry for my suspicion. forgive me.

GuestFellow
06-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah but had she not been rude he would not have slapped her. Based upon the information provided by the article she started it.

GuestFellow
06-07-2013, 02:20 PM
He should divorce her and get a better wife.

UmmuShaheed
06-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Yeah but had she not been rude he would not have slapped her. Based upon the information provided by the article she started it.
Read my other posts on this thread.

GuestFellow
06-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Read my other posts on this thread.
I don't need to. The main blame falls her on.

UmmuShaheed
06-07-2013, 02:33 PM
I don't need to. The main blame falls her on.
With marriage, it doesn't always have to be about who started this or that.
As a Muslim husband, he's responsible (just as much as she is) to keep the marriage in tact. By blaming and being rude and violent towards one another not only is it wrong it never solves any issues.
Neither one of them were innocent.
And Allah knows best.

GuestFellow
06-07-2013, 02:41 PM
With marriage, it doesn't always have to be about who started this or that.
As a Muslim husband, he's responsible (just as much as she is) to keep the marriage in tact. By blaming and being rude and violent towards one another not only is it wrong it never solves any issues.
Neither one of them were innocent.
And Allah knows best.
I have came to my conclusion from reading the information on the article. She was rude. Then he slapped her. If she was not rude he would not have slapped her. So the main blame falls on her. His response was disproportionate.

White Rose
06-07-2013, 03:07 PM

How about just walking away instead of slapping? Lots of people close to you are going to annoy you, doesnt mean you resort to slap. So I dont feel sorry for the man at all.

GuestFellow
06-07-2013, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by White Rose

How about just walking away instead of slapping? Lots of people close to you are going to annoy you, doesnt mean you resort to slap. So I dont feel sorry for the man at all.

Yeah you can walk away. He should have divorced her.

UmmuShaheed
06-07-2013, 03:48 PM

Exactly. Slapping shouldn't be an option

GuestFellow
06-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Exactly. Slapping shouldn't be an option
:wa:

Nor being rude is acceptable.

UmmuShaheed
06-07-2013, 06:09 PM

Nor being rude is acceptable.
Agreed, for BOTH husband and wife.

crimsontide06
06-07-2013, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Predator
What do you mean who cares if she's impolite ? Islam teaches us not to treat parents kindly and not repulse them .I suppose you will enjoy it if some one insults your parents .Freaking troll
I meant in the context of this thread. Everyone seems to want her head on a silver platter... If someone is rude, you correct them... hitting someone is not the correct response to it. That's called domestic abuse.

GuestFellow
06-08-2013, 12:34 AM
I meant in the context of this thread. Everyone seems to want her head on a silver platter... If someone is rude, you correct them... hitting someone is not the correct response to it. That's called domestic abuse.
Is not being rude some sort of abuse?

White Rose
06-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Is not being rude some sort of abuse?
Yeah but which is heavier on the scale and has more dire consequences?

GuestFellow
06-08-2013, 03:06 AM
Yeah but which is heavier on the scale and has more dire consequences?

That depends on the individual. Some are more sensitive to physical abuse while others are more sensitive to verbal abuse.

Abuse against the wife is just as bad as against the husband.

crimsontide06
06-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Abuse against the wife is just as bad as against the husband.
Have someone you actually care for hit you in the face with a bat then have them call you a bad name. After that, come and tell me which one hurts the most and is worst. :p lol

GuestFellow
06-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Have someone you actually care for hit you in the face with a bat then have them call you a bad name. After that, come and tell me which one hurts the most and is worst. :p lol

Your are so simple minded.

Most people are able to recover from physical beatings. The pain is only short-term. However verbal abuse is far worse in the long-term.

crimsontide06
06-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Your are so simple minded.

Most people are able to recover from physical beatings. The pain is only short-term. However verbal abuse is far worse in the long-term.
I understand that but the article says she was simply rude, you nor I knows what happened.. being rude and abusive are 2 completely different things. I could interrupt someone who is speaking, that is rude. Telling them they are a worthless piece of garbage is abusive.

GuestFellow
06-09-2013, 06:23 PM
I understand that but the article says she was simply rude, you nor I knows what happened.. being rude and abusive are 2 completely different things. I could interrupt someone who is speaking, that is rude. Telling them they are a worthless piece of garbage is abusive.

Well she must have been really rude to get slapped in the face.

Insaanah
06-09-2013, 07:24 PM
:salam:

Seeing as this article is very brief, and members are making assumptions about the individuals in the story which may/may not be correct, I'm going to close this thread to prevent us saying anything wrong about them, and so that members don't argue over something based on that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!