/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a question

Periwinkle18
06-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Assalam o alikum

Wanted to ask a question Umm today at a dars/ talk the lady said its necessary for women to cover their feet meaning wear socks wen they go out as its part of hijab n all n she said if they don't do that then they're sinning it that true??

Its just so so so so hot n I can't wear socks it just feels weird.

Is their any hadith which says tht women have to cover their hands n feet wen they go out?

Its gng to b v hard for me :S

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amat Allah
06-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Wa Alikumu Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

read here:

http://www.islamqa.info/en/ref/12503

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=83938

Muhammad
06-05-2013, 09:11 PM
:wasalamex

It's best to refer to the scholars :ia:... I noticed in the above two websites, in some other answers (also here) they mention covering the feet is the opinon of the 'majority of the scholars'. So if there's any difference of opinion over it, it's best to find out from your local Ulama :ia:.

~Zaria~
06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
:salam: ukthi,

For those who follow the Hanafi madhab:

Question

Are the feet included in the awrah of women? Are women allowed to wear for example slippers in public. Also must a woman cover her feet while performing salah?

Answer
The feet of a female is not part of her Awrah and neither is it necessary to cover her feet in Salaat.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
FATWA DEPT.

http://askimam.org/public/question_detail/3180.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
06-05-2013, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
For those who follow the Hanafi madhab:
:salam: sister,

There is a difference of opinion within the Hanafi madhab, and precaution is advised by Hanafi ulama:

Inside prayer
[...]
The feet, according to the more correct opinion, is not regarded as part of Awra. However, due to the difference of opinion with regards to it, it would be more precautious and advisable to cover them, as it will be explained in detail later. [...]
In front of non-mahram males
[...]
It is also worth mentioning here that although the Fatwa position in the Hanafi Madhab is that the feet are not included within the Awra, but there is another strong opinion (within the madhhab and according to other Madhabs, such as the Shafi’is), that they are part of Awra, and must be covered. As such, legally, one will not be sinful for exposing them, but it would be advisable as a precautionary measure to cover them.

Moreover, (according to the Fatwa opinion), it is only allowed to uncover the feet up to the ankles. Anything above the ankles is from the Awra without a doubt. Many women wear veils, Burqas and Jilbabs that normally cover the ankles, but reveal the leg area above this while walking (especially in the wind, sitting and coming out of a car, etc), thus they commit the sin of exposing What is considered Awra according to all.

Therefore, we need to emphasise the importance of covering the feet. Covering the feet is just as important as covering the face if not more [...] there is a strong opinion in the Hanafi Madhhab (and the Fatwa opinion in the other madhhabs) that the feet are [part of the awrah].

Those who strongly call for and emphasise the necessity of covering the face (not that I object to them) must also realise that the feet are just of the same importance. [...]
http://www.daruliftaa.com/question?t...nid=q-16282598

As brother Muhammad mentioned, it is probably best if the sister seeks some advice from local scholars.

And Allah knows best.

Periwinkle18
06-06-2013, 10:15 AM
i'm confused because some say its necessary and some say its not which scholar should i listen to??

The reason y i'm asking is cuz someone said i'm sinning if i'm not covering them. :S

~Zaria~
06-06-2013, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
i'm confused because some say its necessary and some say its not which scholar should i listen to??

The reason y i'm asking is cuz someone said i'm sinning if i'm not covering them. :S

:salam:

You can contact a local, respected scholar from your own madhab if you seek clarification.
They sometimes have their own websites that allows you to contact them on-line.
If this is not possible, you can also phone your local jamiat, and enquire directly in this manner (alhamdulillah, I have always received a very warm and helpful reception when I have sought any type of advise in this manner).

Personally, whenever I am in doubt, I seek the opinion from our local muftis, including Mufti Ebrahim Desai (as quoted above).
His fatwas (in the hanafi madhab) are trusted not just by locals, but also those abroad (his site attracts many queries from around the world). He is also not known for being 'liberal'. (hence for myself, i no longer have any doubts in this regard, alhamdulillah)

I hope that Allah (subhanawataála) places your heart at ease with regards to this matter, in shaa Allah.

Whenever we have the intention of seeking only that which is pleasing to Allah, He will, in shaa Allah make this path easy and clear for us.

BarakAllahu feekum

Periwinkle18
06-06-2013, 11:30 AM
JazakAllah khayrun sis :)

n JazakAllah khayrun everyone :) inshaAllah will ask.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!