/* */

PDA

View Full Version : answer Me

anonymous
06-09-2013, 01:15 AM
i have a question that i need an answer to regarding the holy book and it's bothering me. i wonder why the description of jannah includes young boys as servants. it sounds like a 7th century arabian fantasy. heaven's like a place no other but there's this. also how it describes how the camel is created. what idea is trying to be conveyed here. i'm left to wonder if a non arabic speaker can truly understand the quran. thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
06-09-2013, 09:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i wonder why the description of jannah includes young boys as servants. it sounds like a 7th century arabian fantasy.
"This research highlights that the world we see is not the physical or the 'real' world - different animals have very different senses, depending on the environment the animals operate in," said Professor Lars Chittka from Queen Mary's School of Biological and Chemical Sciences.Source

If even animals see and feel different things not the same,how you are going to question God's purpose of creation while HE is Ever Living,Ever Lasting,Lord Of Heaven and The Earth,having Infinite Wisdom.........Fact of the matter is our Limited minds can never look beyond our scopes,Is there any person on earth who knows everything about this blue planet which we see from own eyes,certainly not.

how it describes how the camel is created.
^^From where does this came in description of Jannah?

i'm left to wonder if a non arabic speaker can truly understand the quran.
Yes,he can if he don't see The Book Of Allah with the lenses of prejudice and biased attitude but with sincerity and commitment of seeking truth.

Just to clear it more,Its not needed to question about creations of Jannah rather a Muslim purpose is to strive for it by submitting himself to Allah.

Muslim Woman
06-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Hello

i wonder why the description of jannah includes young boys as servants. it sounds like a 7th century arabian fantasy.

Arabian fantasy described about the Jannat ? That's interesting to know. Only Allah knows Best why He will appoint young boys to serve the people in paradise.

how it describes how the camel is created.

Allah asked us to think and reflect on His various creations . What's wrong with that ?

i'm left to wonder if a non arabic speaker can truly understand the quran.
if Allah wills , yes.

anonymous
06-09-2013, 07:32 PM
i believe these verses are meant to be taken metaphorically. when we discuss heaven do we imagine young boys serving us specifically? i believe ultimately jannah is the ultimate resting place for the soul. perhaps these descriptions of jannah is playing into what arabs enjoyed way back when to illustrate the freedom of jannah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Signor
06-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Edited

Abdul Fattah
06-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Aselam aleykum
I hope you don't thake this the wrong way, but I would advice yo uto take tefsir a bit more seriously and not to indulge in what you "think" it means.
Here's from tefsir ibn kathir's introduction:

Tafsir by mere Opinion
It is prohibited to indulge in Tafsir by mere opinion. Muhammad bin Jarir reported that Ibn 'Abbas said that the Prophet Peace be upon him said,
(For this, and the previous quotes, see At-Tabari 1:90-91)
[Whoever explains the Qur'an with his opinion or with what he has no knowledge of, then let him assume his seat in the Fire.]
At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa'i and Abu Dawud also recorded this Hadith. At-Tirmidhi said, "Hasan".
Of course this doent mean that you cant reflect on what it could mean, but you should be carefull on "spreading" your opinion. again, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I know it's usually counteractive to give advice when none is asked, but this is an important matter.

anonymous
06-11-2013, 11:37 PM
i was reflecting . it's what speaks to me. a lot of people tend to let their imagination run wild when it comes to jannah but it's not word.

Muhaba
06-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Allah knows best why there will be boys there and what their nature will be, how old they will be, etc.

If they are preteen and not youths, then it may be because it is in human nature that we love children and are very fond of them and their presence in Jannah will make us happy. Children tend to give us a sort of comfort. Recently I was in Pakistan where there were boys who study Quran Recitation in masajid. Whenever I saw them, I was reminded of the ghilman (young boys) in heaven. These students of Islam had an appeal to them that boys of normal schools didn't. They had a sweetness about them that others didn't. Early in the morning, right after the fajr prayer they would recite Surahs of the Quran and nasheed (poetry) in unision and their voices could be heard at a distance from their boarding house. Their voices were pleasant to the ears even more beautiful than birds singing in the early morning. Whenever I heard them reciting I thought of the ghilman.

So I guess children in heaven will make our stay there more pleasant. And Allah knows best.

anonymous
06-12-2013, 09:55 PM
that sounds so sweet :p thank you for offering your perspective.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!