/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers seek Obama arrest during SA visit

~Zaria~
06-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Lawyers seek Obama arrest during SA visit

Cii News | 10 June 2013

The South African Police Service has confirmed that a group of lawyers have lodged an official complaint seeking the arrest of US president Barrack Obama during his upcoming visit to South Africa.

The Muslim Lawyers Association laid a complaint on Friday with the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) and the Hawks that Obama be investigated, charged,
arrested and tried in a South African Court for war Crimes,crimes against humanity and genocide.

SAPS spokesperson, Brig Phuti Setati, said they could confirm that that the complaint was lodged.

The complaint, dubbed the “Obama Docket” called on South African law enforcement agencies to take seriously its domestic and international obligations and to act against International War Criminals- who they believe Obama forms part of.

“However I cannot give you any more details about this right now,” Phuti said.

Obama is due to visit South Africa later this month for the first time as US president.

“In terms of the ICC Act, diplomatic immunity is not a defence and a Head of State is not immune from prosecution for the aforementioned crimes. The Complaint asks for Obama’s arrest when he enters South Africa or the securing of his attendance at a trial by other lawful means,” Muslim Lawyers Association’s, Yousha Tayob, said.

The organization said the Obama administration’s drone programme which has resulted in massive losses of innocent lives in Pakistan, Yemen and Afghanistan was a primary reason to investigate Obama.

“In the alternative, the complaint requires South Africa as a State Party to the Rome Statute, to refer the case to the Prosecutor of the International Criminal
Court at the Hague to exercise Jurisdiction in terms of the Rome Statute” Tayob said.

http://www.ciibroadcasting.com/2013/...ring-sa-visit/

We cant wait to host you, Mr Obama!
Its about time.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GodIsAll
06-16-2013, 03:42 AM
I have an argument supporting our beloved president...no, wait...uh....no, I don't.

Zaria's photo does finally give us undeniable evidence that Obama has a big head, though.

(Wonder if this post will make it into my NSA file?)

~Zaria~
06-16-2013, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I have an argument supporting our beloved president...no, wait...uh....no, I don't.

I wonder what stops Americans themselves, from pressing charges against a president who has more blood on his hands than even Bush jnr.....?

Aprender
06-16-2013, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
I wonder what stops Americans themselves, from pressing charges against a president who has more blood on his hands than even Bush jnr.....?
Uninformed. Too busy worrying about other things like gay marriage, unemployment and feeding their ego. Gone are the days of journalism like that of Walter Cronkite when Americans could really see what war was like without having to be there. The media has done a good job painting anything not-American as an evil other. A suicide bomber in Afghanistan will get reported, a Muslim suspect in the news will get reported, a natural disaster in Pakistan or Iran will get reported but very rarely does news about U.S. soldiers unjustly maiming or causing harm to innocent people. The few who seek the truth are not great in number and are quite often labelled as unpatriotic, un-American for not supporting every wrong that the U.S. government does in its foreign policy. Many Americans (not all, there are a few who rise above this) love to watch bogus news networks with pseudo intellects telling them what to think about a situation and conjuring up hatred and disgust for non-Americans or those who don't share the same religious beliefs as they do. If you don't conform to the status quo, you're considered a deviant.

People here would rather try to impeach a president for having an affair with an intern than bring one up on charges for knowingly killing millions of innocent human beings. They're too busy worrying about the latest smart phone release, updating their social media networks and reality TV shows. People here don't even notice their own civil liberties being taken away from them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GodIsAll
06-17-2013, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
Uninformed. Too busy worrying about other things like gay marriage, unemployment and feeding their ego. Gone are the days of journalism like that of Walter Cronkite when Americans could really see what war was like without having to be there. The media has done a good job painting anything not-American as an evil other. A suicide bomber in Afghanistan will get reported, a Muslim suspect in the news will get reported, a natural disaster in Pakistan or Iran will get reported but very rarely does news about U.S. soldiers unjustly maiming or causing harm to innocent people. The few who seek the truth are not great in number and are quite often labelled as unpatriotic, un-American for not supporting every wrong that the U.S. government does in its foreign policy. Many Americans (not all, there are a few who rise above this) love to watch bogus news networks with pseudo intellects telling them what to think about a situation and conjuring up hatred and disgust for non-Americans or those who don't share the same religious beliefs as they do. If you don't conform to the status quo, you're considered a deviant.

People here would rather try to impeach a president for having an affair with an intern than bring one up on charges for knowingly killing millions of innocent human beings. They're too busy worrying about the latest smart phone release, updating their social media networks and reality TV shows. People here don't even notice their own civil liberties being taken away from them.
I am embarrassed to admit that I wholly agree.
I am getting ready to write a letter,not that it has too much of a chance, but I'd like to visit with Obama and give him the opinion. Of real America.

KAding
06-17-2013, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Simple, many find the wars that are fought by America to be just wars. The state of war and the resulting deaths in itself are then not seen as a reason for impeachement, let alone prosecution. Fighting your enemy is not illegal in American law any more than it is in Islamic law.

جوري
06-17-2013, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Fighting your enemy is not illegal in American law any more than it is in Islamic law.
Women, children & elderly and generally civilians are enemies per American law? They're not under Islamic law!

best,

KAding
06-17-2013, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by جوري

Women, children & elderly and generally civilians are enemies per American law? They're not under Islamic law!

best,
No they are not enemies and deliberately killing civilians is not legal under American law either.

But the mere fact that wars invariably lead to civilian casualties does not make fighting wars illegal (or by definition immoral in fact). This is true in Islamic law as well, no? Islamic law also has the concept of a 'just war', despite the fact that war will almost always cause the death of civilians!

جوري
06-17-2013, 02:20 PM
No they are not enemies and deliberately killing civilians is not legal under American law either.
Yes, I like poetic terms as much as the next guy, not only do Americans target their own citizens without trial in sovereign nations, they constantly cause 180% more casualties to civilians than they do their intended 'terrorists'

But the mere fact that wars invariably lead to civilian casualties does not make fighting wars illegal (or by definition immoral in fact). This is true in Islamic law as well, no? Islamic law also has the concept of a 'just war', despite the fact that war will almost always cause the death of civilians!
Firstly there is no war, at least per the U.S they're targeting individuals not a country for the local govt. to take precautions to see civilians to safety, it is a daily cowardly drone to kill what it may- secondly you don't know anything about war ethics in Islam to speak so casually of 'invariably leads to'

best,

Karl
06-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Those lawyers are after free publicity. Everybody knows that the American government is beyond any law. International human rights laws only apply to what ever the Zionists want. USA can do anything it likes, genocide is no biggie, they did it to the American natives. The War of Independence was primarily so they could rip up all the treaties the Crown had with the natives and go killing and land grabbing all over the place. You can't expect them to change. It was a new nation of brigands then and it's a really powerful nation of brigands now. If it wasn't for the Russians and the Chinese they would have been ruling the world by now. Their (USA) repulsive culture seems to permeate and rot the minds of many all around the world. Even Muslims are succumbing to it.

Ali Mujahidin
06-18-2013, 03:09 AM
Simple, many find the wars that are fought by America to be just wars
Simple? Is it really that simple? And who, may I ask, as the "many" that you talk about so blithely? All those people who voted in the POTUS who started those just wars? What about those who did not vote for him? Are they so few in number that they do not count at all?

Abz2000
06-18-2013, 06:09 AM
Fake Muslim
Fake Christian
Fake American
Fake black man
Fake president

Conclusion:

.......He's FAKE

~Zaria~
06-27-2013, 05:21 PM
NPA: Statement by the National Prosecuting Authority, on the Muslim Lawyers Association application against US President Barack Obama (26/06/2013)

Today the Deputy Judge President of the North Gauteng High Court dismissed with costs an urgent application brought by the Muslim Lawyers Association (MLA) that SAPS immediately register an investigation against President Barack Hussein Obama of the United States of America for the alleged commission of international crimes committed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen, Pakistan and the US.

The MLA required that the National Director of Public Prosecution make a decision whether or not to prosecute the President within three days of the registration of the investigation by SAPS. The lawyers also sought relief against the Office of the President.

The relief sought by the Applicant was opposed by the National Director as well as the other State Departments, who were cited as Respondents.

The Deputy Judge President found that the lawyers had failed to make out a case for urgency and consequently struck the case from the roll for urgent applications.

Source

Karl
06-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Maybe Obama should run for president in South Africa, he would probably win. His dad was African that should qualify him to run. He is left leaning like Mandela, he should do fine. He will have to wack all these annoying lawyers first. Winnie can give them the tire and petrol treatment. How many innocents were tortured and killed by the ANC? Are they not the kettle calling the pot black?

~Zaria~
07-01-2013, 05:15 PM
:salam:

Just thought I should update this thread before we close for Ramadaan in shaa Allah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Maybe Obama should run for president in South Africa, he would probably win. His dad was African that should qualify him to run. He is left leaning like Mandela, he should do fine. He will have to wack all these annoying lawyers first. Winnie can give them the tire and petrol treatment. How many innocents were tortured and killed by the ANC? Are they not the kettle calling the pot black?
Brother, Im not sure where you have obtained your information regarding South Africas political history.

Without going into any detail:
1. The murderer Obama cannot be compared/ even mentioned together with the likes of someone as Nelson Mandela.
A man who spent 27 years of his life behind bars, as well as many other other human rights violations that he endured (along with many others) - for the sake of liberating an oppressed nation from a cruel apartheid system, will always be respected by our country (in shaa Allah).

2. It is not just the Muslim Lawyers Association who are against Obama's presence (or even his existence).
There are many groups from all religions and ethnicities who have been engaged in active protest since his arrival to SA.

3. "How many innocents were tortured and killed by the ANC" ?
Brother, the African National Congress (ANC) was the party that led the way to removing an apartheid regime and paving the way towards democracy and a society where one is not discriminated based on ones skin colour.
There may be problems within their current leadership today, but had it not been for those who struggled and sacrificed their lives, the current generation may still be enduring these types of injustices.

South Africans Stage Demonstration Against Obama Visit

http://ntdtv.org/en/news/world/middl...ama-visit.html

Scimitar
07-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Obama... bama bama Oh... sheeeet. it's a baaamb... a what? A BOMB... RUNNNNN....

*head explodes* *brains splatter windows* *rasberry sauce on my icecream please*

Sister Zaria...

... Obama is doing his thing, this is all going the way it is supposed to go down.

At the end of the day, in Allah we trust.

Scimi

sister herb
07-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Salam alaykum

From the newspaper here I saw a pic where Obama was in the cell where Mandela were before and read his statement how he dedicated his works for the freedom.

Maybe in the future some president goes to stay to place where now is Guantanamo and respect they work for the freedom. This Obama is too weak man for this kind of act.

~Zaria~
09-22-2013, 07:15 PM
World Wide Arrest Warrants Issued For Bush and Obama 2013

sister herb
09-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Salam alaykum

Now even some reality in here please.

Any country cant arrest Bush or Obama. They both has the diplomatic immunity in every country. Only the Hague Internation Court can take it away.

If it doesn´t... they have it.

Sir Fluffy
09-22-2013, 09:58 PM
War is not bloodless and countries are indeed at war with others, whether it beal-Dar al-Islam or a Western nation.

Many will complain about the loss of innocent lives by American hands yet never mention the loss of life my Muslims and the silence towards the bloodshed. The lies given about Buddhists attacking Muslims in Myanmar for example where cast down to negate Buddhism everywhere yet the mentioning of the rapes done at the hands of Muslim was never brought up.

Obama is fairly clean when compared to the individuals complaining about him. So much effort is spent declaring European nations as nations of war when the Ummah is steep in bloodshed that can only be compared to as "international genocide".

My only recommendation is for Muslims across the globe to fix their own issues, their people and their nations. Pretending there is no snake in your pants does not mean the snake does not exist.

Matthew 7:4 "How can you say to your brother,
‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’
when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?" :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!