/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have 2 Questions!( Hijab and Ghusl )

Almostready
06-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Question 1: Ok so I have read that when you at home with your family(example: Husband and kids) you do not have to wear your Hijab. Does this apply when you perform prayers? I got a little confused because it seems from what I have seen you should always be covered when you pray. Are there easier ways to cover for prayer without taking the Hijab on and off while at home? I guess just keeping it on would make sense? lol.

Question 2: When you perform Ghusl how long are you in the state of purification? Will it last the majority of the day? or do you still have to perform Wudu after Ghusl? What breaks it? I am thinking that Ghusl is for the major impurities and would make Wudu not necessary since Wudu is for minor impurities. I am confused.

This is all new to me so I apologize in advance if I said anything offensive. Thank you for any answers you can give me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
06-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Almostready
Question 1: Ok so I have read that when you at home with your family(example: Husband and kids) you do not have to wear your Hijab. Does this apply when you perform prayers? I got a little confused because it seems from what I have seen you should always be covered when you pray. Are there easier ways to cover for prayer without taking the Hijab on and off while at home? I guess just keeping it on would make sense? lol.
If the dress of the woman is loose and covers her entire body, then she does not have to wear something over it in prayer. When performing the prayer a woman has to cover her entire body including her feet and her hair, except her face and her hands as the Prophet

said: "Allaah does not accept the prayer of a pubescent woman except if she wears a veil (a head covering)." [Ahmad and Abu Daawood]

Also, Um Salamah

was asked: "Can a woman pray in a garment and a veil without a skirt? She replied: "Yes, if the garment is loose covering her feet." [Al-Haakim]

On the other hand, it is not a condition that the woman's dress should be sewn in a particular way, but it is a condition that it should cover her entire body except her face and hands.

Source

format_quote Originally Posted by Almostready
Question 2: When you perform Ghusl how long are you in the state of purification? Will it last the majority of the day? or do you still have to perform Wudu after Ghusl? What breaks it? I am thinking that Ghusl is for the major impurities and would make Wudu not necessary since Wudu is for minor impurities. I am confused.
Wudhu is obligatory before every prayer but If you have done ghusl according to Sunnah's way,it will serve the purpose of Wudhu until its is affected by the same conditions which invalidates Wudhu such as:

1. Materials exiting from the eliminatory outlets, such as urine, feces, gas,sexual secretions
2. The flow of blood or pus and the like from any part of the body
3. Vomiting;
4. Falling asleep;
5. Losing one's reason by taking drugs or any intoxicating stuff.
6.Touching the private parts with one’s bare palm

Its mentioned in Qur'an

O you who have believed, do not approach prayer while you are intoxicated until you know what you are saying or in a state of janabah, except those passing through [a place of prayer], until you have washed [your whole body]. And if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and find no water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and your hands [with it]. Indeed, Allah is ever Pardoning and Forgiving.(Surah Nisah -Ayah 43)

I would recommend you to go through these books for further details

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/en_W...rification.pdf
http://www.khilafahbooks.com/a-hand-...n-bint-ismail/

Hope this helps

Regards

Muhammad
06-13-2013, 02:20 AM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
Wudhu is obligatory before every prayer but If you have done ghusl according to Sunnah's way,it will serve the purpose of Wudhu until its is affected by the same conditions which invalidates Wudhu such as:
If I may clarify, to the best of my knowledge, doing wudhu before every prayer is something that is virtuous, but not obligatory in the case that nothing nullified it after the previous prayer. (the main online reference I could find was here: http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...=816&Itemid=60). In the case of ghusl, remember to also have the intention for both ghusl and wudhu when you want to do both.

And Allaah :swt: knows best.

Signor
06-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Br Muhammad

There is no point of disagreement here and perhaps I used the word "obligatory" wrongly here.However,If you read her post,the concern was Ghusl more than Wudhu and/or their interrelationship(to my understanding of her post),this refrains me from discussing Wudhu in context of when its necessary and when its not...

I hope this time I was able to clarify myself Insha Allah

Regards

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Almostready
06-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Thank you so much for the wealth of information. This clears up a lot of confusion. I have been performing my prayers and it seemed much to have to change often to do prayers but like you said perhaps just wearing loose clothing will be easier seeing you won't have to change at all. I was wondering about the Ghusl because it was confusing to do Ghusl only to have to do Wudu right after. I was not sure what exactly invalidates the Ghusl. Thanks again :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!