/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading islamic books in other languages to learn the language

new2010
06-13-2013, 07:03 PM
salamalaikum,

I have a book series here in English and this is my 3rd language what I am speaking, so not really fluetly. Problem is now, I think I am reading these book just to improve my English so literally I do not read them due to thinking I have wrong intention and Allah will not accept it. I want to learn for Allah but I get sometimes thoughts I am learning to have knowlege in order to make dawa or speak with people althought I am trying to hide any form of riya. I think it is a bit from shaitan but these feeling hurts and I think I have a wrong intension. What can I do against this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali Mujahidin
06-14-2013, 03:35 AM
To read a book to learn about Islam is a very engrossing activity. To read a book to learn a language is also a very engrossing activity. I would say do the two things separately. Learn about Islam from reading books in the language you are most comfortable with. Learn another language by reading books which are about other simpler things than Islam.

new2010
06-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Do you have some good books as recommendation?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!