/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Muslim Woman attacked in Paris loses her baby

Taabuu
06-19-2013, 09:14 AM
I don't know if someone else already started a thread about this

A pregnant Muslim woman who was attacked for wearing a facial veil on Thursday in the Paris suburb of Argenteuil suffered a miscarriage and lost her baby, her lawyer said on Tuesday. Two men attacked the 21-year-old woman, trying to remove her head scarf and later cutting off her hair.^o)

After she screamed out that she was pregnant, one of the attackers started kicking her in the stomach+o(

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/isl...r-veil-attack/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-19-2013, 02:50 PM
:sl:

Astagferullah . Where were Police and other people ? May Allah punish those criminals and compensate our sis with good. Ameen.

Iceee
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
We all make mistakes, and sometimes it costs us dearly.
May Allah Subhanahuwatallah heal this woman from what has occurred.

http://islamqa.info
With regard to a woman travelling without a mahram, this is haraam. This is stated in saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
Al-Nawawi said:
Everything that is called travelling, it is forbidden for a woman to do without her husband or a mahram, whether it is three days, two days or one day, or bareed (a distance equivalent to approximately twenty kilometers) or anything else, because of the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel without a mahram.” This includes everything that is called travel. And Allaah knows best.

observer
06-19-2013, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
We all make mistakes, and sometimes it costs us dearly.
May Allah Subhanahuwatallah heal this woman from what has occurred.

http://islamqa.info

I don't think you can say it's her mistake - the only people to blame are her attackers.

Are there any more links? The main link there says that police are not happy with the inconsistencies in her story and her losing the baby hasn't been related to the attack yet? Odd when it sounds very black and white.

Not long ago some Chinese students were attacked in France in a racist attack. They have some big problems there with immigration and integration, hope these are isolated and not part of a trend.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Iceee
06-19-2013, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by observer
Chinese students were attacked in France in a racist attack
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1262038/six-chinese-students-france-violently-attacked-xenophobic-act

I don't think you can say it's her mistake - the only people to blame are her attackers.
True :p

جوري
06-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Are you considered to be 'traveling' if going to the supermarket or to your job?

Mustafa2012
06-19-2013, 07:33 PM
What a cowardly act!

Stupid brainless racists.

What bravado there can be in attacking a pregnant woman?

May Allaah :swt1: make those cowardly racists suffer a similar fate.

Born_Believer
06-19-2013, 07:33 PM
I read about this yesterday and felt sick to my stomach...to viciously attack a woman who has openly declared she is pregnant is beyond my imagining. How can any human being do such a thing?

I am wondering where all the men in France have gone, where is the need to fight against those who attack innocents? I sure many just stood by and let it happen...I've seen such things here in the UK too. I swear if I saw such an act I would make sure that man/men would never raise their hands to another human being ever again.

As out beloved Prophet Mohammad PBUH said: "If you see any oppression in this world, stop it with your hands and if you can not stop it physically, then speak out against it. If you are unable to even do that then at least think against such oppression."

Where have the men of honour and courage gone in today's society?

Mustafa2012
06-19-2013, 07:39 PM
Oppression like this should not be tolerated by Muslims in any part of the world.

If the authorities don't make serious efforts to catch the perpetrators then something like this could spark off huge protests which I could imagine turning quite nasty.

crimsontide06
06-19-2013, 08:50 PM
This is so sad :cry::cry: /no hope for the human race

Jedi_Mindset
06-19-2013, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by جوري
Are you considered to be 'traveling' if going to the supermarket or to your job?
Nope, but its safer that a woman should do this in company with her husband atleast and if he is not able to, then with her family and if she cant find family member to go with her then she can go alone...:) Its best to not judge what has happened, because we dont know what situation the sister was in, bro iceee should think a bit more before he posts next time, i know his intentions are well, but he simply was prejudicable.

May Allah(SWT) grant the sister patience for her loss, and may HE punish these criminals in their lives and if not then after they die. Ameen

format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
Oppression like this should not be tolerated by Muslims in any part of the world.

If the authorities don't make serious efforts to catch the perpetrators then something like this could spark off huge protests which I could imagine turning quite nasty.
Especially in France, mainly the muslim youth there are frustrated, they live in Ghetto's, old appartements, the police who patrol these neighbourhoods are often racist and therefore it causes alot of friction there.

جوري
06-19-2013, 10:01 PM
I asked the Q IN RHETORIC ~ not everyone has the luxury of an insta mahram should it mean the crime is deserved? women should be armed and able to self defend not advertise their vulnerabilities!

observer
06-19-2013, 10:07 PM
I asked the Q IN RHETORIC ~ not everyone has the luxury of an insta mahram should it mean the crime is deserved?

Exactly - in any crime like this the only fault lies with the criminal. She lives in 21st century Paris, she should not need defending by a man, she should be safe to walk the streets of her city as she wishes.

Jedi_Mindset
06-19-2013, 10:08 PM
I asked the Q IN RHETORIC ~ not everyone has the luxury of an insta mahram should it mean the crime is deserved? women should be armed and able to self defend not advertise their vulnerabilities!

I know not everyone has a mahram for such things, but i am just talking from a general viewpoint, not exceptionial one. Where do we say the crime is deserved? i agree with the last part but not all women have the will to do that either. i certainly disagree with every woman being armed, if a woman should do martial arts yes i agree with that.

Going to sleep now, we will discuss further tommorow insha'Allah

Iceee
06-20-2013, 12:51 AM
Exactly - in any crime like this the only fault lies with the criminal. She lives in 21st century Paris, she should not need defending by a man, she should be safe to walk the streets of her city as she wishes.
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Nope, but its safer that a woman should do this in company with her husband atleast and if he is not able to, then with her family and if she cant find family member to go with her then she can go alone... Its best to not judge what has happened, because we dont know what situation the sister was in, bro iceee should think a bit more before he posts next time, i know his intentions are well, but he simply was prejudicable.
Everyone has the right to be safe, but it's simply better to go shopping with someone (mahram) if possible. I take my Mom, aunt, and grandmas shopping after school when Dad/uncles is at work and before I leave for work myself.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I know the victim may not have the same luxury as my mother does. She does have the right to feel safe. May Allah heal this woman.

faithandpeace
06-20-2013, 01:50 AM
This makes me sick. May Allah (swt) heal her and help her grow strong and recover from this injury and loss of life and may Allah (swt) grant the criminals the most severe punishment that they deserve. Ameen. :raging:

جوري
06-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Recently a 21 one year old Muslim woman was attacked in Paris by two fascists. They pulled off her head scarf, tried to cut her hair, and ripped her clothes. She was so terrorised that she screamed "I'm pregnant", with the hope that compassion and humanity would fill their hearts. However, the two fascist racist criminals started repeatedly kicking her in the stomach. As a result of the attack she lost the baby. I have three things to say.

1. Islam teaches that human beings must be protected and cared for. The status of women in Islam is such that society must ensure she is safe, and her psychological, social and physical needs are met. This is for all women, regardless of ethnicity and religious background. Therefore, I call on everyone to take any means necessary - within the law - to ensure this does not happen in the areas where they live. I swear by God, If I were to witness such brutality and cowardice I would personally ensure that they never think about harming any woman again.

2. All people of conscious and decent human beings must aggressively expose the fascists and racists elements in our society. We also need to do this with those who hide behind intellectual and linguistic gymnastics. Take Sam Harris as an example. He is supposed to be an academic, but in reality he is a person of hate. His lack of nuance in his discourse on Muslims and Islam, including his calls to pre-emptively use nuclear weapons against the Muslim world, are manifestations of his blind hate that facilitate fascist narratives. We need to intellectually expose such people with a nuanced narrative to bring to light their ignorance and hatred. We have already invited Sam Harris twice to engage in an intellectual debate, but his agent refused on what seems to be financial grounds. He asked for $60,000. It just goes to show that he is just a hate-filled show man.

3. Muslims must wake up. We must realise that if more of us articulated a positive compassionate and cogent case for Islam to the wider society, as well as lived up to our sublime values, maybe these acts of criminality would not happen. We have to be honest, although there is so much goodness in our community, and many efforts are now in place, we need to do more. We must demystify our differences and explain what makes us distinct. Just focussing on the commonalities is not going to work. Because it is the differences that create the fear, hatred and anxiety. Once we start explaining and articulating what these differences are, and show how they are beautiful and relevant, then the fear, hatred and anxiety will be removed. This obviously cannot be successful without adopting the Islamic values of compassion, forgiveness, tolerance and going beyond the call of duty. Essentially we must be engaged citizens involved in the betterment of the whole society.

“And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel evil by that deed which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity will become as though he was a devoted friend.” Qur’an 41:34

Please forward.

Hamza Andreas Tzortzis

GodIsAll
06-20-2013, 02:06 AM
I admire and appreciate these encompassing words for all people. Thank you for sharing them.

I agree wholeheartedly with each point. Touching and well said.

Prayers for all innocents affected by aggressive, intolerant and ignorant "humans".

Taabuu
06-20-2013, 07:24 AM
This is France which is called the Place of Beauty and Peace.
All the people are Islamophobic.+o(

KAding
06-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Acts like this should not be tolerated by anyone. Period.

KAding
06-20-2013, 09:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taabuu
All the people are Islamophobic.
Yes, and all Muslims are terrorists :heated:... No need to generalize like that.

I read in French media that this is actually the second attack already in the city of Argenteuil. 20 May something similar happened. Lets hope these thugs are found and apprehended quickly :(.

Jedi_Mindset
06-20-2013, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Yes, and all Muslims are terrorists :heated:... No need to generalize like that.

I read in French media that this is actually the second attack already in the city of Argenteuil. 20 May something similar happened. Lets hope these thugs are found and apprehended quickly :(.
Not all french are indeed, but alot of them are, especially after a right-wing party has ruled the country for a long time, i know the situation i have talked with brothers who live in france and mainly in the ghetto's there. its tough, no improvement has been in the ghetto's, and the government isnt doing anything to make the situation better. The police are mostly from the countryside where they have no clue about immigrants, and many of them are racist to the core when even skinheads join the police.

These skinheads most likely also came from the outside the suburbs sometimes they do it for fun and look for a easy target, sometimes these are poor people on the streets and yes women are also easy targets, especially when they are alone, but i can guarantee you that they wont try to dare it when the woman is in company of a male, such cowards are they.

Born_Believer
06-20-2013, 02:22 PM
I've been to France is there is a definite edge in certain places, I walk along with my light brown skin and there are constant odd looks thrown my way. Add to that the fact that there was very little resistance in the non-Muslim community when the bill to ban the scarf and face veil was passed just goes to show the lack of caring and willingness to understand the Muslim community is ever present.

The problem is growing and the situation getting worse as the number of Muslims living in ghettos grows every year. If anyone has ever had the chance to go into one of these ghettos will know what I'm talking about when I say these places look like third world countries at best.

Mustafa2012
06-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Of course.

Taabuu
06-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Agree totally, maddening. Can you imagine the reaction if it was 2 Muslim men attacking a pregnant Christian/Atheist Woman?

sister herb
06-22-2013, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Everyone has the right to be safe, but it's simply better to go shopping with someone (mahram) if possible. I take my Mom, aunt, and grandmas shopping after school when Dad/uncles is at work and before I leave for work myself.
Salam alaykum

You are good brother.

I sometimes be as mahram to my mom (she is 80 and I have studied some martial arts to keep myself safe). Non comes to kick me or my mom...

:shade:

GodIsAll
06-22-2013, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Salam alaykum

You are good brother.

I sometimes be as mahram to my mom (she is 80 and I have studied some martial arts to keep myself safe). Non comes to kick me or my mom...

:shade:
Sorry, I just got this image of Sister Herb going Bruce Lee on some skinhead, wearing her hajib, then blowing powdered mace (that she cultivated herself) into his face as he coils up in pain.

Good stuff, good stuff.

YouTube viral material for sure.

Mustafa2012
06-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Agree totally, maddening. Can you imagine the reaction if it was 2 Muslim men attacking a pregnant Christian/Atheist Woman?
All hell would break loose if that happened to a pregnant, Christian, Atheist or worse still a Jew.

But since it's a Muslim woman then it's no big deal.

sister herb
06-23-2013, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Sorry, I just got this image of Sister Herb going Bruce Lee on some skinhead, wearing her hajib, then blowing powdered mace (that she cultivated herself) into his face as he coils up in pain.

Good stuff, good stuff.

YouTube viral material for sure.
When I walk alone I have so called security beeper. It gives me needed 5 seconds decide is it better to attack or run. Voice of it is so terrible that attacker get a chock for this critical 5 seconds. And after 5 seconds I am already far a way.

;D

KAding
06-23-2013, 02:28 PM
And things like that happen also of course.. You should hang around a bit on anti-immigrant or anti-Islam forums, you'll be bored to death by stories about 'immigrant' Muslims doing this or that to 'innocent' locals.

Not to say that your example would not attract more attention. It probably would, as it is more in line with what people want to hear.

glo
06-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Such a horrendous story! :cry:

I hope this young woman finds peace and healing and will be able to have children in the future.
And may those criminals be brought to justice!

GodIsAll
06-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Yeah,
I consider myself a peaceful man, but I'm all for capital punishment for these fellows if apprehended.

faithandpeace
06-25-2013, 05:14 AM
They killed her unborn baby so I do agree that the criminals should be put to death.

Taabuu
06-25-2013, 07:38 AM
All hell would break loose if that happened to a pregnant, Christian, Atheist or worse still a Jew.

But since it's a Muslim woman then it's no big deal.
Agreed with you.

Taabuu
06-25-2013, 07:40 AM
Watch this video
Pregnant woman stabbed 18 times to death in a German Court.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50f9QrrMAGg

faithandpeace
06-28-2013, 03:55 AM
It makes me sick. If possible, I do think it is best for Muslim women to travel with a mahram if available and if unavailable then travel in a group with other women. Unfortunately that is not always possible. For those of us fortunate enough to own and drive a car, it does provide a physical barrier of safety as you can lock the doors and move quickly from place to place. Many Muslimahs of course are not so fortunate. Please be aware of your surroundings at all times as it can be dangerous out there. Women who must travel alone especially walking by themselves, at night, etc. could carry self-defense products if legal and trained in them and/or learn self-defense techniques that women can use. Please stay safe sisters.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!