/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cable installers (in-house or contracting)

introspective
06-20-2013, 07:49 PM
I am about to interview for a cable installation contractor position at a local company that handles residential service dispatches for Time Warner Cable (TWC), the sole cable service provider in my area. Furthermore, TWC competes with AT&T's U-Verse in triple play service. One thing that's holding me back is that I don't want to use my family's garaged minivan since the company will not supply a vehicle, and gas prices are a concern (20-gallon tank is not cheap to fill up on a weekly basis). Conversely, Time Warner does have an opening for cable installation but they prefer candidates with some experience.

I am a novice when it comes to preparing a coaxial cable since I've only terminated cables a couple of times. Have a couple of my own tools which could come in handy- stripper, cutter designed for cutting copper-clad steel, f-connector compression tool (for RG-6, 59 and 11), and compression connectors.

Any advice or stories about this job or the industry?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!