/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic golden age: BBC documentary

Jedi_Mindset
06-22-2013, 11:14 AM
I dont know if these are posted here already or not, if so lock this thread, anyway these docu's are worth to watch and it is suprisingly from BBC:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
06-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes, I have seen them on tv over a year ago. It was quite surprising that it was done by the BBC. They should have called Rageh Omaar to do it :shade:

truthseeker63
06-22-2013, 12:18 PM
WS good post thank you for sharing.

glo
06-23-2013, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Yes, I have seen them on tv over a year ago. It was quite surprising that it was done by the BBC.
Why were you surprised?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
06-23-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't know really, to be honest, Glo. I mean I grew up on BBC news. The head don't move, only the lips and the occasional blink. It was all supposed to be neutrally 'conveyed', free from emphasis or expression. Not like the animated version of the American news.

With budgets cuts and stuff, I did not expect for them to fund a project such as this. It was 'quite' surprising then. Also, with projects such as this is easier not to undertake, politically speaking as it may stir a hornets' nest.

Hats off to them, though. I watched it. It was promoted and I made a date with the TV set...:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!