/* */

PDA

View Full Version : thoughts or shaitans whispers?

ion that dinar
07-02-2013, 04:33 AM
if a bad suggestion arises as a thought/idea, does it mean its a shaitan whispering or is it ones own thought? for me sometimes a thought arises that says "Drink one Stodjator".. but I don't even like alcohol, so can it be that the shaitan is telling me to drink water or any other halal drink for that matter? and last but not least, can it be my own thought? where would it arise from though? why? I do think about stuff but that is the only thought that comes up frequently and makes me think of having a drink, alcohol in particular.. which I can't stand. .. oh and lastly, do ye think it is possible that the shaitan triggers me to think it? help me out please. btw, dang there are some very intelligent brothers here o.o *hides* peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-02-2013, 03:04 PM
:sl:

I was not a good guy when I was young. I drank alcohol, sometime I drunk because high alcoholic beverages, although usually just drank beer in club or while watching jazz show.

It's started from whisper in my mind "try, try, try". I tried and began to be trapped.

Later I realized my mistake and I told myself I will not drink alcoholic beverages again although only beer.

One day the whisper came again in my mind "drink again!". But suddenly there was another whisper in my mind, came and asking "why don't you eat pork?". A strange question. I never ate pork because I know pork is haram. And suddenly I realized, I never ate pork because I knew that's haram, but I was still drank alcohol although I knew that's haram.

Astaghfirullah Al Adzim ...!! I realized my big mistake.

That's an amazing moment in my life. Yes, the first whisper was from shaytan. But the second whisper? ..... Allahu Akbar.

So bro, when the whisper come again, ask yourself "why I never ate pork?". In Shaa Allah it will help you.

:)

crimsontide06
07-02-2013, 08:42 PM
I am not sure everything bad is a whisper of satan...I understand the concept of whispers of satan but if everything that is bad is something that satan whispers, doesn't that take away the concept of free will??

ardianto
07-03-2013, 07:58 AM
I know the difference between free will and shaytan whisper. I love freedom . I always made my own decision for my life although it sometime caused conflict with my parent. And I didn't care. This is free will.

But drink alcohol is not free will. I didn't want to drink, but I felt a whisper in my mind said "don't be hesitate!"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ion that dinar
07-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Ty for your answers and inputs,
I never really liked alcohol or clubs.. to be honest, I never liked gatorade either so much but I don't mind drinking it, I'm drinking it right now.. it is how I felt about alcohol when I tried it, except it tastes worse and made me feel horrible afterwards and caused me to go through a horrible night of sleep.

It's easy to tell a real whisper from your own voluntary thoughts, but at times what seems to happen is that a normal thoughts turns into an idea and that can be ok, but one would not even realize when it makes them think of alcohol or any other bad idea to go after (good people probably would disregard that thought and assume it to be a reminder of how bad ppl some are).

Hot water with honey has been my daily drink for a while and if I remember it then at that time a whisper may show up saying to "drink one" while reminding me of alcohol, and I have truly no interest in alcohol at all.. that made me think if satans trick maybe to remind me of a halal drink (knowing I like to drink it) then along with it says to actually do drink it but refers to an alcoholic beverage?

Other than this I never have any problems distinguishing my thoughts from anything else.

ardiantos idea about remembering why one never ate pork is interesting.. but I must say that people may not think about alcohol as bad as eating pork, because pork is after all an animal and one may begin imagining it being filthy so they don't have a hard time not eating it, whereas alcohol can be made from cherries and also has a relaxing effect before turning into a bigger sin.

More answers would be very much appreciated.

Peace

ardianto
07-04-2013, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ion that dinar
It's easy to tell a real whisper from your own voluntary thoughts, but at times what seems to happen is that a normal thoughts turns into an idea and that can be ok, but one would not even realize when it makes them think of alcohol or any other bad idea to go after (good people probably would disregard that thought and assume it to be a reminder of how bad ppl some are).
When I was 15 I found around 10 litre rubbing alcohol that kept by my mother for party stove. Then I got an idea to use it for my car (I had car since I was 13). So I prepared small tank, hose and do little trick to the engine. Success, I drove my car around my residential area. This is the thought that turned into idea.

I was not a house boy who always stayed at home. But I active in many activities. I often wanted to try something, and I really tried. I was active in few sport when I was kid. And then I spent my teen age as motocross racer. I raced from one circuit to other circuit. Sometime I did cross country on my motorbike or bicycle, or drove my car alone everywhere, and often in midnight. I also ever done some crazy things too. I did that just because thought, I wanted to do something, I should do, and I did it.

And frankly, I was a naughty boy too. I was popular in Bandung city street as one of few master in illegal drifting. That's when I was 13. I was expelled from an elite secondary school. Sometime I caused trouble too that made me beaten by other guys.

Yes, that's my life when I was young. With a life like this of course I know the difference between thought of creativity, thought of naughtiness, and shaytan whisper. Desire to drink alcohol, for Muslims, is really a shaytan whisper, not just thought.

ardiantos idea about remembering why one never ate pork is interesting.. but I must say that people may not think about alcohol as bad as eating pork, because pork is after all an animal and one may begin imagining it being filthy so they don't have a hard time not eating it, whereas alcohol can be made from cherries and also has a relaxing effect before turning into a bigger sin.
Sometime I felt I wanted to drink alcohol again. But I always tried to remind myself that alcohol is haram for Muslim like me.

I often wonder about some Muslims. They never ate pork because they know pork is haram. But they still drink alcohol although they know drink alcohol is haram for Muslim like them.

Yeah, sometime I feel I want to challenge them. If they drink alcohol, they must eat pork too. Dare?

ion that dinar
07-04-2013, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
When I was 15 I found around 10 litre rubbing alcohol that kept by my mother for party stove. Then I got an idea to use it for my car (I had car since I was 13). So I prepared small tank, hose and do little trick to the engine. Success, I drove my car around my residential area. This is the thought that turned into idea.
I was not a house boy who always stayed at home. But I active in many activities. I often wanted to try something, and I really tried. I was active in few sport when I was kid. And then I spent my teen age as motocross racer. I raced from one circuit to other circuit. Sometime I did cross country on my motorbike or bicycle, or drove my car alone everywhere, and often in midnight. I also ever done some crazy things too. I did that just because thought, I wanted to do something, I should do, and I did it.
And frankly, I was a naughty boy too. I was popular in Bandung city street as one of few master in illegal drifting. That's when I was 13. I was expelled from an elite secondary school. Sometime I caused trouble too that made me beaten by other guys.
Yes, that's my life when I was young. With a life like this of course I know the difference between thought of creativity, thought of naughtiness, and shaytan whisper. Desire to drink alcohol, for Muslims, is really a shaytan whisper, not just thought.
Hopefully that story can help someone out there. Luckily I didn't have to go through so much to know the difference between a whisper and my own thought/idea.
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Sometime I felt I wanted to drink alcohol again. But I always tried to remind myself that alcohol is haram for Muslim like me.
I often wonder about some Muslims. They never ate pork because they know pork is haram. But they still drink alcohol although they know drink alcohol is haram for Muslim like them.
Yeah, sometime I feel I want to challenge them. If they drink alcohol, they must eat pork too. Dare?
People tend to justify their actions. Eating of pork is very clearly forbidden, and there is no good in it at all (like in alcohol or gambling, a common misconception) so it would impossible to justify such an action action *unless under specific circumstances*. I myself don't have difficulties staying away from the things which are forbidden nor do I suspect that anyone here does. But when and if one simply remembers alcohol, there is no way to know whether they remembered it for whatever the reason may be or if it was a shaitans trick.. because if a person is not 'for alcohol' they don't care to have remembered it and won't immediately think it was a whisper because they won't be drawn to transgression. That is what my question is about. Is it a harmless thought, or a thought mixed with shaitans trickery? Why it matters is because I am very sensitive, to someone this may not even be a problem.

Thanks for taking the time to help a brother out, peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!