/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Horoscope and Fengshui

greenhill
07-02-2013, 03:06 PM
As much as I know it IS syirk to believe in them, I observe plenty of coincidence, in general, that ties them to real life. I do not mean about the daily prediction of what your day is going to be like but more on certain 'traits' and characteristics of a person on horoscope, and some elements of Fengshui also seem to affect a person's fortune (all else seem to have remain in status quo).

I do not believe I am too different from others and fairly outgoing with a wide interest in a lot of things. We all have our opinions, we sometimes agree, we sometimes disagree. But I have been called stubborn, hard headed, single track (if on a task) selfish (although I don't think I can agree to that) but they also say, not with a mean streak. That I need a 'cause' to get me going. Once on that 'cause' it is hard to stop me. Somebody close confided, 'Of course you are! You're Aries!' and he goes on to list the various people we know, their star sign and their personalities. It was quite surprising. Even more impressive was how he guessed the star sign of some of those who joined us for dinner. He got 4 out of 5 people.

On the Fengshui, I will relate a story, whilst assigned to an agricultural company for consultancy and construction works, the owner, a Chinese, showed me what good Fengshui was. A house with its back to the hill and water in front is very good. Of course he had one. I asked, 'what if it was the reverse?' (i.e. your house is on a downward slope where you walk down stairs to the living quarters etc.) Not good he says. Fortune slips away. The hill at the back traps the fortune for you. Being at the top of the hill is the hardest. Every which way is down. I reflected my stepdad's fortune when he married my mum. Their first house was exactly that, on a downward slope. Their fortune too! And it was real bad!!! They moved out to a level ground and their fortune leveled. For a few years. Finally they moved to a house with a hill directly at the back and their fortune sky rocketed. Alas, Allah took him away a few years later. But the coincidences between what was told and what happened before my own eyes is hard to deny.

Just to share. Perhaps somebody could shed a different 'light'? To believe in it is syirk, to take precaution is not, right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Fengshui?. It's remind me to the time when I was working as property broker. Often enough the Chinese customers refuse to buy a house with reason "it's fengshui is not good"

greenhill
07-02-2013, 03:18 PM
They tell you why?

ardianto
07-02-2013, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
They tell you why?
No. Because I already know that they believe if they live in a house with good fengshui their life will be hoki (lucky), if the fengshui is bad their life will be ciong (unlucky).

Sometime they accompanied with the fengshui master.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
07-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Oh OK. It would have been interesting to know what features made it bad Fengshui. :D

ardianto
07-02-2013, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Oh OK. It would have been interesting to know what features made it bad Fengshui. :D
It's a long list of features. And maybe admin will delete my post if I post that shirk here. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!