/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Grandparent wants the child to stay with her- mother of child does not want

Mishram
07-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Assalamu aleikum,

following situtation:
I (35 years old) live since birth with my parents. I have married 10 years ago and we all lived in my parents house. We have got 2 children. The one was more or less raised by my mother (so, the grandmother of the child), which just means: we live in one house, but my grandmother took just more care of the one child because she loves this child so much. So, now I will move with my family abroad, grandparents will stay where they are. They want that I leave the one child at her as she argues that she will be alone. I feel also pity and sad for my mother (so the grandma of the child). I mean I stayed over 30 years with mother and my family with her, now it is a great break. I would perhaps agree to leave the child to grandma, but my wife does not really want to leave the child to grandma. She feels that she never got the good possibilty to take care of her own child as the grandma "took her away" under her custody (though we all live in one house, everything is fine, but just my wife was restricted in the education of her own son by grandma as grandma had took too much care of him and also regards him more or less as her other son)

So, what does islam say?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Do you think it is normal to take a child from its mother and give it to its grandmother? Does that make sense?
If your wife is mentally & physically fit then under what pretense do you have to pry a child from its mother so as to not make your mother sad?
If it is up to you then simply don't move and no one has to be broken hearted but what you propose is illegal and inhumane!

Muslim Woman
07-03-2013, 04:10 PM
:sl:

a mother / parent has more right over child than grand parents . Try to take grandma with u or as sis suggested don't move away .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!