/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need some advice please

roohani.doctor
07-02-2013, 10:56 PM
:sl:
Without going into too much detail, could someone plz give me some advice on how to deal with this issue... basically my 12 year old cousin was born and raised in an European country and knows very little english, his parents have sent him to us (in canada) to study here for a year. However, my mom is sick (high BP and diabetes etc) and cannot fully dedicate to this child. She and my brother will be alone here in Canada for most of the year as everyone else is out of the country due to studies etc. The kid also is very demanding in that he is a bit spoiled and basically requires much more attention than my mom (and brother who is studying) are able to give. i am genuinely worried for my mom's health, especially as I will be gone in Sept until next June. She cannot handle this responsibility at her age. But my dad is very committed to raising this child here. Insisting that he goes home to his parents will definitely be not easy and everyone in the extended family will talk and hate on my mom. I dont really know what to do, I am hoping and praying his parents decide to go to England (they were previously wanting to go there but have now decided otherwise since the kid is here with us).... he is a good kid but I am bit annoyed at his parents as I feel they should not have put such responsibility on my mom. SIGH. this is such a weird issue and I dont even know what exactly I am asking, i think overall what is an islamic opinion on this?... should my family really take this kid in at the risk of my mom's health...i think not..but then no one (except my brothers and mom) is gonna agree with me, especially not my dad who thinks the kid is the best thing that happened to this family. plz keep my family in your duaas. :wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!