/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the Benefits of Prayer/Salah in this Life and the Next in Islam ?

truthseeker63
07-03-2013, 07:07 AM
As Salaam Alaikum my question is what are the Benefits of Prayer/Salah in this Life and the Next in Islam Benefits for Muslims Praying Salah either in the Masjid at Home or Outside ? Any Benefits like from a Scientific View like Peace at/of Mind better State of Mind Inner Peace Better Mental Health Comfort or more Happy in Communication with Allah also a Benefit that I know is that Prayer is one way to get a Muslim to Paradise/Jannah/Heaven can anyone post a list or know or agree thank you ? Also does the Quran and the Hadith or the Sunnah say anything ot talk about the Benefits of Praying ? My last question is how does a Muslim keep from being Lazy about Praying or thinking Praying is Boring or a Waste of Time I myself think of the Benefits it works for me anyone agree thank you for you're time even some Atheists believe in the Power of Prayer many Atheists I have known in my Life ask God or talk about God when they are in danger or having problems or when bad things happen to them anyone notice this ?

Wednesday, 27 February, 2002, 15:16 GMT Does prayer work?

The world's religions got together a month ago to pray for peace. Has the planet seen any impact - and is there any evidence that praying works anyway?

In particular, he says, a declaration the leaders made that their religions should not be used as pretexts for violence or wars could have a huge impact. He believes that even now, the religious leaders in the Middle East have become more inclined towards engaging with each other.

Professor Francis suggests that should another day of prayer for peace be organised, subsequent levels of fighting should be monitored, as should people's perceptions of peace.
Many religious people may feel however that having tangible proof is not really what prayer is about, and that - believe it or not - they rather enjoy simply believing.

What are your views? Send them to us using the form below.

Some of your comments:

Looking for a response a month on, after only one day of prayer? If we want God to supernaturally act in our world, we need to show Him we're serious and pray regularly, hard and long!

David Slater, Scotland

I don't believe in God but I believe in the power of prayer and often ask my Mum, a catholic, to light a candle or "say one" for people I care about who are ill or having a tough time. I don't think you have to believe in a particular higher power to benefit from praying - which is simply a form of meditation or channelling your thoughts and energies.

Sarah Wilson

Prayer is not only a complete waste time, it's also degrading.

Derek Watson

I wish these people would get real. The sooner people understand that we are on our own, and that when things go badly praying to some mythical concept of a 'creator' isn't going to do anything. Think for yourselves and act for yourselves. Is this the dark ages?

SK, UK

What we can never know is how much worse things might have been had we not been praying.

Maryla Carter, England

The problem is we mistake praying as some form of 'wish list' to someone up above. The reality is that prayer is more about developing our relationship with God. We don't always see prayer answered but that does not mean prayer does not work.

Mark Wigginton, Leeds, UK

There is no more powerful thing in this world than the power of prayer. I used to be an atheist, but I became a Muslim over 7 years ago. Until you see and understand how prayer and conversation with God can benefit you, and until you notice that a prayer has been answered, you'll never understand its power.

James, UK

Asking "have prayers for peace a month ago worked?" is not a sensible question to ask, as who can tell the timescale God works on? What is certain if you talk to those who know God is that prayers are always answered, but not always in the way we might want or expect. Answers are not always "Yes", but also "No" and "Not yet - wait".

Jenni Sparkes, Britain
Who cares if it works or not? If it makes people feel better by praying then good luck to them. The only downside is if people think that's all they need to do to achieve anything. World peace or anything for that matter can only be achieved by working out what's involved in achieving it, calling that a plan and then implementing the plan. Prayer would only be an optional extra.

Alex Keenleyside, England

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1844076.stm

Salah

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Purpose and importance

The chief purpose of Salah in Islam is to act as a person's communication with and remembrance of God. By reciting "The Opening", the first Surah (chapter) of the Qur'an, as required in all daily worship, the worshipper can stand before God, thank and praise Him, and to ask for guidance along the Straight Path.

In addition, daily worship remind Muslims to give thanks for God's blessings and that submission to God takes precedence over all other concerns, thereby revolving their life around God and submitting to His will. Worship also serves as a formal method of remembering Allah, or dhikr.[4]

In the Qur'an, it is written that: "The true believers are those who feel fear in their hearts when God is mentioned. And when His Revelations are recited to them, they find their faith strengthened. They do their best and then put their trust in their Lord." [5]

"To those whose hearts, when God is mentioned, are filled with fear, who show patient perseverance over their afflictions, keep up regular prayer, and spend (in charity) out of what we have bestowed upon them." [6]

Salah is also cited as a means of restraining a believer from social wrongs and moral deviancy.[7] According to a hadith in the collection Sahih Bukhari, Muhammad considered salah "the best deed".[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salah

Real Happiness and Inner Peace

Description: How Islam defines true happiness and peace at heart.
By islam-guide.com
Published on 08 Mar 2006 - Last modified on 29 Mar 2011
Viewed: 51733 (daily average: 19) - Rating: 4.4 out of 5 - Rated by: 92
Printed: 1259 - Emailed: 111 - Commented on: 1
Category: Articles > The Benefits of Islam > True Happiness and Inner Peace

Real happiness and peace can be found in submitting to the commands of the Creator and the Sustainer of this world. God has said in the Quran: “Truly, in remembering God do hearts find rest.” (Quran 13:28)
On the other hand, the one who turns away from the Quran will have a life of hardship in this world. God has said:
“But whoever turns away from the Quran,[1] he will have a hard life, and We will raise him up blind on the Day of Judgment.” (Quran 20:124)
This may explain why some people commit suicide while they enjoy the material comfort money can buy. For example, look at Cat Stevens (now Yusuf Islam), formerly a famous pop singer who used to earn sometimes more than $150,000 a night. After he converted to Islam, he found true happiness and peace, which he had not found in material success.[2]

Footnotes: [1] i.e. neither believes in the Quran nor acts on its orders.

[2] The present mailing address of Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam), in case you would like to ask him about his feelings after he converted to Islam, is: 2 Digswell Street, London N7 8JX, United Kingdom.

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/244/
'

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-03-2013, 07:29 AM
My observation is that the movement in the prayers, done regularly helps a person remain flexible up to old age. We can sit on floors and get up without much difficulties.

I saw on a documentary over a year ago about how the act of sujud, if done in a sedately manner, forces the blood into all parts of the brain and into one in particular that helps a person with 'patience'. It takes about 3 seconds for this to be achieved. So if we rush the sujud, the benefit is not achieved...

Just simple food for thought.:shade:

crimsontide06
07-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Prayer is wonderful but you have to actually try and attain the goals you wish for, you can't just sit there and expect it to just drop into your lap..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!