/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have a disorder and I'm embarrassed!

Ineedprayers
07-04-2013, 08:51 PM
AOA,

I'm a 20 yrs old guy. I have a disorder which sometimes causes me great embarrassment in public. Also at times my family also gets embarrassed because of it, but they try to not show it. I have a hard time making friends, I have noticed people tend to keep a distance from me even if I try to approach them. I want to be normal and hang out with kids my age, make friends and stuff. But I just can't because of this problem that I have. I have been praying for a very long time now for Allah to help me get rid of this problem, but it doesn't seem to go away. I have now gone into depression, I don't feel like doing anything, I'm insecure, I always feel as if people are judging me because of my flaw and that's why I can't seem to do anything with great interest.

I have prayed and prayed and prayed for Allah to help me get rid of this disorder because I don't want to live like this anymore but nothing seems to work. I want to be normal, I want to be liked....why aren't my prayers answered? Why am I different? Why am I laughed at? If I could change myself, I would have, but I have no control over things.

I have also heard that sometimes when Allah doesn't like something that we do, he punishes us in this life as well as after life, so am I being punished in a way? Will I ever find a cure? Will I ever be normal? I don't want to be an embarrassment for my family.

I NEED PRAYERS! PLZ PRAY THAT ALLAH HELPS ME OUT IN THIS MATTER. Thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
07-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Wa'alaykum Salaam bro

May Allah grant you ease in your affairs, Ameen.

Keep patient brother, we're all oddballs in these strange times :)

Scimi

IbnAbdulHakim
07-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Accept Allahs will

Periwinkle18
07-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Assalam o alikum

Calm down akhi plz don't feel bad remember one thing you're never alone Allah is there.

Make lots of dua He cn do anything if He could give zakariyyah (as) a child in such an old age then He cn do anything don't stop praying.

Just Don't feel bad.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
07-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Bro, it's usually children and those with childish mindset who would laugh at someone with a problem that is out of their hands. If you see anyone who does that, you don't need them in your life to begin with (regardless of how normal/cool they might seem). To hell with them, man. Any of them who don't realise the blessing of Allah upon them (in that Allah did not test them with the same thing) is going to end up having their scale of deeds tipping over into the sinful side (if they don't repent).

In my opinion, though, most mature rational sane people do not judge and are understanding when it comes to things like this. Even though it might seem awkward to you, you shouldn't feel as though people are constantly thinking negatively of you. It's normal to be shocked or in awe when something different is seen, this may be someone's reaction on the first day they see your problem but over time, they get used to it and it becomes normal and they don't think twice about it and so neither should you.

Negativity thoughts be-gets negativity. The more you feel pity over yourself and your situation the more depressed you will feel. You should have an optimistic outlook. Two things are important in life:

i. one is to have a good opinion of Allah (hadith says that Allah is as you think him to be, so if you feel negative about him then that is what you will get but the more positive you are, the stronger your belief will be and the more content you will become and Allah will fulfil your dua more frequently in sha Allah).. also, you should believe that when you make dua that it will most definitely be accepted (either it will be given to you within a short period of time, or after a while or as a substitute to your dua, a bad thing might be removed from your destiny or Allah may even choose to substitute the dua for a reward in jannah but bottom line, it will be accepted in some form or other)...

ii. secondly, you need to accept Allah's will over you. If Allah has willed to test you with something, then none can remove it unless Allah wills. It will remain as a specific thing that Allah has chosen to test whether you really mean it when you say that you have believed in Allah and have submitted to him. This world is like a day or a part of a day. A drop in the ocean of the hereafter and that is the real goal, this place is just the testing zone. There will be trial and tribulation here. In fact, the most tested ones are closer to Allah. The poor people will be granted Jannah 500 years before anyone else and blind people will not even be questioned on the day of judgement (if they are patient). So, Allah shows mercy upon the slaves that he puts through tough trials.

You are blessed in ways others aren't, actually. Most people are heedless and go about their day to day life without thinking about Allah. They live in a bubble. You are in a situation where you are kept away from people and kept away from indulging in things that distract the attention away from Allah and I assume that that to the contrary, you think of Allah and make dua to him often because when someone is in need and they know that only Allah can help them then they will continuously make dua. This is in fact the blessing of Allah that he has put you in a position to remember him.

Scimitar
07-05-2013, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
You are blessed in ways others aren't, actually. Most people are heedless and go about their day to day life without thinking about Allah. They live in a bubble. You are in a situation where you are kept away from people and kept away from indulging in things that distract the attention away from Allah and I assume that that to the contrary, you think of Allah and make dua to him often because when someone is in need and they know that only Allah can help them then they will continuously make dua. This is in fact the blessing of Allah that he has put you in a position to remember him.
This ^ so much this.

Had to quote this for additional impact.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!