/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dipping tobacco.

Student1996
07-04-2013, 10:58 PM
I started dipping, And I want to know if it is haram or not. I am not really addicted to it so if it is then I can quit now and get rid of my cans.

Is it Haram? if so then why?

Thankyou.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
07-04-2013, 11:15 PM
From what I am reading on the Internet, I'll be the first to say that this is haram because it causes:
  • cracking and bleeding lips and gums
  • receding gums, which can eventually make your teeth fall out
  • increased heart rate, high blood pressure, and irregular heartbeats, all leading to a greater risk of heart attacks and brain damage (from a stroke)
  • cancer
Think of what will occur when you get married but are affected with one of the above, one will wish he/she never did this in the future.
http://kidshealth.org/teen/drug_alcohol/tobacco/smokeless.html#

A
lso look at http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...lly-haram.html

Student1996
07-06-2013, 02:56 AM
Thankyou but I want evidence to convince me that it's specificly haram

zoron
07-06-2013, 04:46 AM
I think we should avoid everything that has more demerit than the merit,
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aflawedbeing
07-07-2013, 02:30 AM
Was I the only person to ask themselves, what on Earth is 'dipping'/'dipping tobacco'?

Transverse
07-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Well, is tabbaco haraam? If so, then dip is definitely haraam. Also if you consider the affect of dip to be "intoxicating" like alcohol, then it can be considered haraam also. I know that dip and alcohol affect a person differently, but you should check on that one also.

Student1996
07-12-2013, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aflawedbeing
Was I the only person to ask themselves, what on Earth is 'dipping'/'dipping tobacco'?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipping_tobacco

sister herb
07-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Salam alaykum

Is smooking permitted in islam? And is chewing of tobacco permitted in islam.

Praise be to Allaah.

Smoking is haraam, because it is evil and because it causes a great deal of harm. Allaah has permitted to His slaves only good kinds of food and drink, and He has forbidden the bad kinds. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“he allows them as lawful At Tayyibaat (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al Khabaa’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods)”[al-A’raaf 7:157]

All forms of smoking are kinds of khabaa’ith (evil and unlawful things), and they include harmful and intoxicating substances. It is haraam to deal with it in any way, whether one inhales it, chews it or deals with it in any of its other forms. It is obligatory upon every Muslim to give up these things and to hasten to repent to Allaah, and to regret having committed this sin, and to resolve never to go back to it. May Allaah help us and you to do all that is good.

ardianto
07-12-2013, 05:08 PM
While other people want to be healthy, you are seeking disease, young man. :hmm:

crimsontide06
07-12-2013, 11:48 PM
That's what I was thinking :/

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
While other people want to be healthy, you are seeking disease, young man.

Student1996
07-14-2013, 06:53 PM
I'll quit tomorrow! :embarrass

Student1996
07-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Actually wait, Does dipping break fast? You are spittin it out and u don't swallow it....

Sulayyman
07-14-2013, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Student1996
Actually wait, Does dipping break fast? You are spittin it out and u don't swallow it....
Brother, why are you so insistent to fulfil your own desires? When we fast, we are trying our very best to obstain from the evil and what is out there to harm us in order to please Allah. We fast to strengthen our spirituality and God-conscience. When we fast, we are devoting ourselves to Allah only and obstain from everything else. I hear a lot of arguments that go like "if it doesn't go down your throat, it doesn't break your fast" and that is extremely wrong. When you sniff meth, does that make it right because you don't swallow it?

Iceee has done his part in explaining that it is indeed haram to dip tobacco so there's no need to go over that again. Allah makes anything that is harmful to us haraam.

And Allah knows best.

crimsontide06
07-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Yes it does.. ANY use of a haram substance invalidates fast.

sister herb
07-14-2013, 07:36 PM
By the same logic we could ask does smoking breaks the fast? People don´t "swallow" the smoke and also breath it out... but yes, it does break the fast too.

Better stop today, not tomorrow.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!