/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My name is Charles Lamb, but I'll go by "chuckla"

chuckla
07-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Hello, I'm glad to be a part of this Forum. I have been interested in Islam ever since 9/11 when so many people were 'bashing' Islam, the Quran, and Muhammad. Evangelical Christian TV preachers as well as 'Right Wing Conservative Talk Show Hosts' were using the words "Moslem" and "Terrorist" as if they were synonymous with each other. Then I asked myself "What do you know about Islam?" The answer: NOTHING! So I bought an English translation of the Quran by Mr. N.J. Dawood and a great book by Susan Haneef entitled "What everyone should know about Islam and Moslems" and have been studying ever since. As is always the case, when you study something yourself the result is entirely different than listening to someone's opinion. I hope to learn a lot from this Forum. Thanks, chuckla.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Peace to you chuckla,

Nice story! Welcome to the forum. :shade:

Scimitar
07-05-2013, 10:44 PM
welcome to the forum Chuckla.

Please change your location to your town instead of your road and house number my friend, the internet is a funny place like that.

Scimi

Muslim Woman
07-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Hello

Welcome here. Pl. browse the forum and ask in related threads or start thread in general section . Thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!