/* */

PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

Muslimsister101
07-05-2013, 11:08 PM
asalamu alaykum my names Hafsa and im 14 about to turn 15 i love to read and im also a muslim sunni to be specificive been reading threads on here for a long time and finnaly decided to register:hmm:what else about me i tend to argue a lot whewn it comes to debating about matters in islam and i almost always win just warning you and thats about it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-05-2013, 11:56 PM
:wa:

:welcome:

Muslimsister101
07-06-2013, 03:18 AM
thanks how do i become full memper:confused:

greenhill
07-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Salaam to you and welcome to the forum:statisfie..

Good that you want to know more and decided to join the forum. To become a full member you must have at least 50 posts. Even then there is still limitations.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimsister101
i tend to argue a lot whewn it comes to debating about matters in islam and i almost always win
Some people argue for the sake of arguing, some because they want to win, others for knowledge. It's not all about winning^o).

Enjoy your stay.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimsister101
07-07-2013, 09:40 PM
It's not about that I was just trying to say that I'm hard headed and never give up on convincing some one about my view I think u misunderstood

greenhill
07-08-2013, 04:44 AM
I understand :p. Welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing your views.

Peace :shade:

~Zaria~
07-08-2013, 03:29 PM
:salam:

Welcome to IB sister.

what else about me i tend to argue a lot whewn it comes to debating about matters in islam and i almost always win just warning you and thats about it
It's not about that I was just trying to say that I'm hard headed and never give up on convincing some one about my view I think u misunderstood
My sister, Islam is not about 'arguing'/ 'debating'/ 'winning' a discussion/ being 'hard-headed'.

Islam is about enjoining what is right, not engaging in and calling others away from that which is evil - and then to leave it up to them, to decide whether they will heed the advice or not.

Before we enter any discussion (both in deen and in worldly affairs), we should have an open mind from the onset, and not with the intention to 'win' the discussion (in fact, this word should not even exist when we are engaging others in a discussion - because our knowledge is only as a mercy from Allah (subhanwataála), and so we should always remain in a state of humbleness and pray that Allah always keeps us on the siratul mustaqeem (straight path) ).

If this is our intention, then we also prevent ourselves from learning from others, being objective and we tend not to 'hear' what the other person is really saying (because our focus is just on proving him/ her wrong).

Also, we should be reminded of the valuable advises of our prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam):

"Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer?
It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind."

[Narrated by Muslim and Bukhari]

I guarantee a house in the outskirts of Jannah (Paradise) for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a house in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even when joking or for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”

[Narrated by Imam Abu Dawud]

My sister, you are still very young and there is a world of knowledge still to be gained.

In shaa Allah, spend your time in gaining knowledge, ibaadat and in the remembrance of Allah.

And should you happen to provide some good advise to others and they decide not to heed - smile and move on : ).
And dont forget to make duaa for them, as well as the rest of the ummah of Muhammed (sallalahu alaihi wasalam).

Hope you have a beneficial stay with us on IB, in shaa Allah :)

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!