/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being Modern muslims

Muslimsister101
07-05-2013, 11:38 PM
listening to music,getting tatoos,smoking,and men piercing thier ears is now considered bieng a"modern"muslim Arguing in these matters and saying that they are haram makes you an extremest muslim
Thats according to many young muslims today who claim that they are in love with celebrity mushrikeens and these matters are not haram for it doesnt say that they are haram in the quran specificley
the quran is very vouge they say.These claims in my opinion are to get the non muslims to be pleased with them and to share something in common whenever i argue in these matters other muslims say that im bieng a hater and that its none of my buissness witch is not but im just trying to correct them and stop them from misleading others.I am afraid that someday a few decades from now these matters will be considered non haram and there for mislead the ummah what do you think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-07-2013, 10:00 AM
This is going to be an age old argument...only because people want to argue (with more being educated) and also because around a quarter of the world population is muslim, hence there's bound to be differences in opinions.

it really does not matter what I think, what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. But as far as I see it, your duty to da'wah is to remind them but it isn't your responsibility to ensure they follow. The fact that they choose to ignore it, for whatever reason, absolves you from being accountable in the day of reckoning when they will say that you never told them that it was wrong. But that will be then.

For now, they would probably 'choose' words that possibly stop you in your tracks on your da'wah like calling you an extremist when actually it is the fundamentals we are talking about..

Yes, I do believe that these are trying times for muslims, and the challenges facing the ummah will get tougher and more severe. Rather than to despair, we must start to brace ourselves and recognise also that it is Allah's Will to have the moments leading to the end of times particularly challenging. Perhaps not for unbelievers.

Peace

zoron
07-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Assalamualaikum
Bismillahirrahmanirrahiim

I think there is no such terms like "modern muslim", when "modern muslim" is exist, then the opposite have to be exist, and that will be "ancient muslim, or classic muslim, or maybe traditional". When modern muslim has the correlation with the lifestyle or ideology muslim in the currents day, then is it the tradional muslim is muslim that has ideology and lifesyte in the early Islam, in other words muslim at the time of Rasulullah. If there is such term like modern, should we abandon the traditional because it has already obsolete?

The value of Islam is eternal and never will be obsolete, hence it will always be fit/ good/ right/ conform the situation from the time of Rasulullah until the end of time. Then the two earlier terms should be changed to a Good Muslim and a not Good Muslim. The Good Muslim is the one who follows Rasulullah teaching, and a not Good Muslim is maybe the one you have mentioned in you post, or the muslim that gone astray.

Thats all i think what i can answer to you, if you found a truth in what i am wrote, it is come from Allah, and if you found a mistake in what i am wrote, the it comes from me.

Thank you :)

Iceee
07-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Salaam.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimsister101
listening to music,getting tatoos,smoking,and men piercing thier ears is now considered bieng a"modern"muslim Arguing in these matters and saying that they are haram makes you an extremest muslim
It is reported that ‘Abdullâh b. Mas’ûd – Allâh be pleased with him – said, “One of the worst sins is when a man says to his brother, “Fear Allâh,’ and he replies, “Worry about yourself.”

Abû Bakr Al-Daynûrî, Al-Mujâlasah wa Jawâhir Al-‘Ilm article 2619

What the above statement mentions is that we as Muslims should not worry about others, but only about ourselves. For example, I have a few friends who have a girlfriend, sure I can talk for days to them telling the haram of this and that, but they won't listen. Maybe it is the cultural differences or whatever that made these people go away from Islam but this is not our job to guide, this is Allah's job. Our job is to help, not to devour. Staying after namaaz knowing that there is a going to be a talk about Iman and Yaheen (I think that's how it is spelt) and staying is my choice. What the brothers teach me grants them Allah's mercy and Inshallah they will be rewarded in the here-after. But their job is not to FORCE someone to stay for the talk, that is Allah's will.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimsister101
I am afraid that someday a few decades from now these matters will be considered non haram and there for mislead the ummah what do you think?
So to add: Islam started how long ago? 1400 years ago? Don't you still see the Imams, Mufti's, Scholars that follow Islam the same or almost exactly the same way the Sahabah did (according to the Hadiths)? See, nobody will and nobody can change Islam to become modern. It is someone's choice to change it. Follow it the correct way young sister, the way the Sahaba did, the way the Imams or the Mufti's are following, not the way your friends are. Don''t think about the future, or the past, think of the present. We have scholars for a reason, to teach and follow Islam correctly now. So go to them for advise, and you won't be mislead from the Ummah according to you Inshallah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_008
07-07-2013, 06:49 PM
:sl:

Sister, as you've mentioned, you're only 14, and at that age, it does seem like the world is a terrible place, and as you grow up, you realize that it is exponentially worse. As others have pointed out, our job is only reminding them, not making sure that they follow our advice. Our beloved Rasoolullah :saws: himself couldn't get his uncle to accept Islam despite his repeated efforts. Similarly, we can work our tail to the bone in inviting someone to Islam, but at the end of it all, it is in Allah's hand to guide someone or not. Additionally, it is also dependent on how that person treats that guidance - whether he receives it or rejects it.

Don't get so disappointed over people's behavior. As you'll grow up, you'll come to know about people who will make you feel ashamed of being a human.

Plus, don't judge people based on their looks. Remember, shirk is the only sin which Allah will not forgive, and every other sin is forgivable in Allah's eyes. Your friends might have piercings, tattoos, fetishes, whatever; you never know which deed they might have done or are doing that will gain them immense pleasure of Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Ta'ala).

I know it is a lot easier said than done, but it is a really essential element to being a good Muslim, especially in these times of trial and travesty.

Muslimsister101
07-07-2013, 09:38 PM
I Geuss maybe your right that's always been a flaw of mine that I always think I'm right may Allah forgive me for that ill try to mine own buisness thank you all for your advises

Muhammad
07-07-2013, 11:37 PM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
What the above statement mentions is that we as Muslims should not worry about others, but only about ourselves. For example, I have a few friends who have a girlfriend, sure I can talk for days to them telling the haram of this and that, but they won't listen. Maybe it is the cultural differences or whatever that made these people go away from Islam but this is not our job to guide, this is Allah's job. Our job is to help, not to devour.
Just to clarify, we do have the responsibility to sincerely advise others. If we see something wrong, we have to take steps to correct it. It is true that we cannot force anyone to accept our message, but we need to at least convey it in the most appropriate manner. And this doesn't contradict with not judging others, because we can advise each other with kindness and humility, and continue to think of our own shortcomings. Allaah :swt: knows best.

greenhill
07-08-2013, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Just to clarify, we do have the responsibility to sincerely advise others. If we see something wrong, we have to take steps to correct it.
I have been informed on several occasions that there are 3 steps to this :

1) With our actions, if unable
2) With our words. if unable still,
3) With our du'a (the weakest form of intervention)

I may not be exactly correct in the above classifications but the idea of the message is roughly encapsulated.

Peace

Ali Mujahidin
07-08-2013, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
1) With our actions, if unable
2) With our words. if unable still,
3) With our du'a (the weakest form of intervention)
I think what you mentioned came from here:

More details here:
http://honeyfortheheart.wordpress.co...ith-your-hand/

btw I am no longer amongst the green hills of Kuala Lumpur because I am back in the Land of Smiles, which is the closest place to heaven next to paradise. A very biased personal opinion, of course.

greenhill
07-08-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm sure it's just as green there too, Ali Mujahidin. Have a good month ahead!

Peace:D

Karl
07-08-2013, 11:41 PM
"listening to music,getting tatoos,smoking,and men piercing thier ears is now considered bieng a"modern"muslim"

These are ancient behaviours and have nothing really to do with modernity or Islam.

greenhill
07-09-2013, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
These are ancient behaviours and have nothing really to do with modernity or Islam.
Can't disagree with you there! Happy Ramadhan to you. :shade:

Hasan Ibn Omer
08-04-2013, 03:23 PM
(the Hijab is being reformed)

The 20th century has been a time of growth for western society and through out the 20th century Islam has been under attack, one of the main topics are the way Muslim women dress i.e the Hijab. We will look at the way Muslim women dress today and how far they have come from the Sunnah of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) and the influence western society has had on Muslim women in the 20th century.

We start with what Muslim women are ment to base the way they dress on:

Verses from the Qur'an. The first in Surat al-Nur reads, "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what must ordinarily appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons, or their women or the servants whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex, and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers, turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss". (Qur'an 24:31).

So we can see it says very clearly that Muslim women must cover their body and hair and only show to who is not Mahrah their face and hands.

For hundreds of years Muslim women held up to this and held the way they dress in a very high regard. But with Islam under such scrutiny in the 20th century you see western society taking a hold and molding the way Muslim women are dressing and acting..

(The Difference)

Ask yourself what is the difference between a Hijabi and a normal girl?

A true Hijabi covers herself for the sake of Allah and no other, she holds herself in the highest of manners, she covers her hair, figure, feet, and has the up most of manners.

She does not wear:

High Heels, (High Heels fake a woman's height which is not aloud in Islam, and they push up and out a woman's buttocks which is not aloud in Islam because it is showing what she is meant to be hiding.)

Makeup, (Some makeup is ok but only light makeup and if it glorify your beauty then it's not aloud.).

Manners, (A Hijabi has the up most manners, she does not talk with the flirtatious voice or act with a flirtatious manner with non Mahram men, she does not swear and watches the words that come out her mouth, she does not act as others act she sets a standard for others to follow.)

Free mix,(A Hijabi does not free mix in social investments, whether that be a physical investment or cyber investment, free mixing i.e Facebook, Bebo, MySpace, and all other sites.)

Facebook free mixing, (a Muslim woman does not add males to her facebook that are not Mahram to her, Why? Because whether in Hijab or not in Hijab it is not aloud for males to be looking at women not Mahram to them pictures, and Facebook conversations are just as sinful as a face to face conversation, they can even be more because the shame that you would have in a face to face conversation is taken out the frame, people can say and do what they like with no shame on a computer, or mobile phone. )

As Muslim women you must guard beauty, act in a modest manner (putting Hijab on does not mean your modest it is a step towards modesty). A Muslim woman should hold to the Sunnah and Quran. to often you see Muslim women saying "One day I'll change" The day never comes, years go bye!

MAKE ONE DAY THIS DAY.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!