/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Islam a religion of peace?

SyrianFellow
07-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Salam Alaikum,

I'm not sure if this was posted already, but if its not try to take the time to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy9tNyp03M0

JAK.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Interesting and witty! Too bad we don't get to hear what was said before, but his points were simple and plain.

When we ask questions like this, it is very easy to set off on the wrong foot. Too many ask a specific question and get stuck in a rut on just that particular point. Let's look at it another way.

Islam is about submission to Allah. Full stop. Submissive to His commands. If you approach it from this your next step, in syaa Allah you will be guided because your next question would be 'what are His commands?' (I won't go into that).

As you learn and become familiar, possibly start to incorporate into your routine, you will find that perception of whether or not islam is a religion of peace, war, chauvinistic, fear, outdated, backwards, barbaric or what ever other classification we can think of really becomes irrelevant. It is about submitting your life to the way that pleases Allah swt. (and how well we can do it).

In doing so, there are allowances and tolerable limits. Some things are banned outright and some things can be overruled in certain extreme circumstances. And coming straight to the point, although islam preaches peace, does not mean we cannot go to war. We only have to consider, 'what is the war for?'

There is however, in this day and age a very fine line (due to sensitivity levels of people) between peaceful intentions and provocative ones. Even with peaceful intentions, the results may be hostile. Why this is relevant is because I have been told (perhaps someone can authenticate it) that when we are raised again on the day of reckoning, when the unbelievers see jahannam, those that know you will ask you why you did not tell them about this day. They will put the blame on you, and you will be asked why you did not as it is also our duty to da'wah. . . . (so 'fine the line' that in trying to articulate the words I've lost my train of thoughts, so I'll end here:D)

Peace

angelix
12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
jazak allah

greenhill
12-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Thank you angelix,

with you bringing this post back up , I re read my post that I had long forgotten, and in reading it again I think it reminded me what the point was that I was trying to make..

(continuing from the last) ..... so it is better for you to da'wah and be told off than not to do so because when he turns to you screaming and shouting and with that accusing finger you can remind him that he chased you away when you tried!

;D

Peace :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!