/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadhan starts wednesday 10 July(confirmed)

Ramadan90
07-08-2013, 06:52 PM
According to the saudis, it starts 10 July.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/it-s-official-ramadan-to-begin-in-uae-saudi-arabia-egypt-palestine-and-jordan-on-wednesday-2013-07-08-1.513634

http://riyadhconnect.com/confirmed-ramadan-in-saudi-to-start-on-wednesday-10-july/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
07-08-2013, 07:16 PM
so Wednesday everywhere or just those places listed?? I was told it starts tomorrow(Tuesday)

ibrahim.M
07-08-2013, 08:36 PM
thanks for sharing this important info.

Muslim Woman
07-09-2013, 11:31 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
so Wednesday everywhere or just those places listed?? I was told it starts tomorrow(Tuesday)

depends on moon sighting . In some places , it could be from thursday .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crimsontide06
07-09-2013, 11:42 AM
ok because this(and other places) says it starts today... here in the U.S
http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/ramadan-begins

Old Farmers Almanac website(which uses the moon to determine when the best time to plant plants...etc) says today so I'll go with that.

Lots of places say Monday,Tue, or Wed. but I'll just go with today.. I suppose it is ok to fast a day earlier if that's the case and as it gets closer to the end if I see it was wrong then I'll just fast that extra day(31 days instead of 30).

Naeema
07-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Ramadan Mubarak Brother,

Each region has a group of scholars that determine the beginning of Ramadan. In the US, it is ISNA and the Fiqh Council (once part of ISNA, now a stand-alone entity). They have confirmed that it starts today and provide an explanation for why the council in Saudi Arabia would have a difficult time sighting the moon when in North America, it would be visible.
http://www.fiqhcouncil.org/node/48

Iceee
07-09-2013, 02:19 PM

ardianto
07-09-2013, 02:24 PM
I will start fast tomorrow, following the schedule from government. But my sister has started fast today with her husband who is from Muhammadiyah.

There are two schedules of start and end Ramadan in Indonesia. Government schedule that followed by majority, and schedule from Muhammadiyah organization.

Both parties use different method in determining begin and end Ramadan. Government use moonsighting observation while the reformist Muhammadiyah use astronomical calculation.

ardianto
07-09-2013, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
According to the saudis, it starts 10 July.
Indonesia cannot follow Saudi moon sighting because Indonesian times are 4 (west) 5 (central) and 6 (east) hours earlier than Saudi time.

Scimitar
07-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Well... I guess it's
RAMADHAN MUBARAK ISLAMICBOARD

Qurratul Ayn
07-09-2013, 05:28 PM
:salamext:

Following on from Brother Scimitar...

Ramdhaan Mubarak!!!

May y'all make the most out of this blessed month, become better in every aspect of life and stronger Muslims.

Please make Du'a for me and my beloved Family and every single Muslim out there especially the precious Brothers & Sisters who are in difficulty, who aren't able to fast and those who live in the war torn countries in the East.

I won't be posting that much during the blessed month, but I will be browsing through the wonderful threads of information regarding Ramadhaan and the Deen in general.

Making Du'a always

Loving my Sisters. Respecting our Brothers

:salamext:

Jedi_Mindset
07-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Ramadhan Mubarak brothers and sisters,

May Allah(SWT) bless you all and may HE accept your fasts, may HE grant shifaa to all the sick and may HE grant sabr to the poor, the oppressed and those who have been struck by an calamity. Ameen

crimsontide06
07-09-2013, 09:30 PM
I found out that pretty much all the Muslims in this town are starting tomorrow...so tomorrow it is.

White Rose
07-10-2013, 04:34 PM
:sl:

Ramadan Mubarak to all Islamic Board members!!!

_E_3
07-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Ramadan Mubarak brothers and sisters
i hope you all have a blessed Ramadan

QueenofHerts
07-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Ramadan Mubarak:shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!