/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ocd

_E_3
07-09-2013, 02:39 PM
I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and my main symptom is thoughts of being blasphemous and being wrong all the time as well as hand cleaning and cleaning the house
I dont mean to have these thoughts i cant seem to get them out of my mind at all
Its gotten so bad that when am praying the thoughts come and it puts me off praying So i haven't been praying for a while now

My husband has tried to be understanding and he says that its jinn that putting these thoughts in my head
I also hear voices and am on medication for that but the voices also say very bad things to me somethings i cant not repeat on this forum or id be banned

I want to start praying again but i don't know what to do about these thoughts and voices
The medication i take for the OCD is anti depressants but so far they are no help
I see my psych and Dr in a few weeks so am going to say something to them

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-10-2013, 12:47 AM
:sl:

sis , start praying . If possible , keep wadu always and ask Allah to help u . In the mean time , take medicine if needed but never stop praying .

may Allah help u .

Muslim Woman
07-10-2013, 12:53 AM

Fatwa No : 188505
Ways of protection against witchcraft, evil eye, jinn, etc
Fatwa Date : Thul-Qi'dah 28, 1433 / 15-10-2012

Question

(Due to a browser error, I had to re-send this Q.) People can often be harmed from witchcraft, evil eye, bad luck, harmful Taweez, ghosts, Jinns, curse, and so on. There are several ways to get rid of these problems, for e.g.- by reciting in the morning and evening Suras Ikh-las, Falaq, Naas, Ayatul Kursi. But my question is how to take pre-cautions against such problems even b4 they happen? How to make sure that the affect doesn’t start? Some things people do are: not staying impure/napak for long; not going to haunted houses or places; spinning some money around the head and giving it in charity

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger.
Reciting Chapters 112, 113 and 114, and verse 255 from Chapter 2, and the supplications of seeking refuge in Allaah that are confirmed from the Prophet

in the morning and evening, are among the matters by which a person fortifies himself from the occurrence of evil and becomes safe from it before it happens. Likewise, performing religious obligations and staying away from prohibitions have the same effect. We can make sure that these matters have not taken place if we noticed that its ill effects did not appear.

As regards maintaining the state of ablution constantly in a way that a person renews his ablution whenever it is invalidated, then this is something Islamically recommended; a Hadeeth reads: “Adhere to righteousness (as much as you can), you will never encompass it all. Know that the best of your deeds is the prayer and none will preserve his ablution except a believer.” [Maalik, Ibn Maajah - Al-Albaani graded it as Saheeh (sound)]

In Saheeh Al-Bukhaari, the Prophet

said to Bilaal

at Fajr prayer: "O Bilaal, tell me of the best action by which you seek the best reward in Islam as I heard the sound of your shoes in Paradise just in front of me." Thereupon, Bilaal

said: “I did not perform ablution by an hour of the night or the day except that I prayed with that ablution what Allaah predestined for me to pray.

As regards the common phrase (ablution is the weapon of the believer), then this is not a Prophetic Hadeeth.

On the other hand, charity prevents – Allaah willing – diseases and bad matters like misfortunes and calamities. Indeed, the successful friends of Allaah have tried this and they found that the spiritual treatment is more beneficial than the physical treatment; so the Prophet

used to treat with supplications, and our righteous predecessors used to give in charity according to their illness and what they were afflicted with, and soon Allaah relieved them from their illness.

Indeed, Al-Bayhaqi and Ath-Thahabi and others narrated stories regarding them.

However, we did not find that our righteous predecessors used to turn the coins around their heads and then give them in charity. For more details, please refer to Fatwa 85212.

For more benefit on some Islamic means of preventing calamities, evil eye and diseases, please refer to Fataawa 17661, 28793, 24972, 84498, 162951 and 30505.

Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=188505

_E_3
07-10-2013, 07:53 AM
:thankyou:I have started praying again
I have had my morning medication it was a few hours ago so i should be feeling better but am not
The voices are loud
My medication is under review when i see my psychiatrist in a few weeks
The blasphemous thoughts are still there in my mind
I know i need to think good things about Allah ( swt )

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
07-11-2013, 06:45 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by _E_
:thankyou:I have started praying again

Alhamdulillah

I have had my morning medication it was a few hours ago so i should be feeling better but am not

May Allah cures u fast . Ameen

The blasphemous thoughts are still there in my mind
I know i need to think good things about Allah ( swt )

ignore the bad thoughts , recite Quran , keep asking help of Allah . In'sha Allah situation will be improved.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!