/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Throwing away papers with Arabic Du'as

Qurratul Ayn
07-09-2013, 08:59 PM
:salamext:

What the title says, is it okay to throw away papers with Arabic writing on them such as Du'as i.e. Ramdhaan calendars with the Iftaar and Sehri Du'as written on them in Arabic?

It may be silly to ask, but it's one of those things...

:jz: in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
07-09-2013, 09:28 PM
I think when you have paper with verses from the Qu'ran on them, to dispose of it you must burn it. That is what I was told some years ago.

Sir Fluffy
07-09-2013, 10:15 PM
I was told that one should burn the copies respectfully since to place a Qur'an(or excerpt from it) in a container with filth is a disgrace to it. To burn it would mean to destroy it completely. The old saying "from ashes to ashes, to dust to dust". You must realize you are only dematerializing the book and not discarding it. Once it is completely burnt it is no longer a Qur'an just a series of particle left over from the flames. If you were to discard it, it would still be a Qur'an, canonical dua or hadith in an "unholy" place.

This is my perspective and although I am not a Muslim this is what I was told. :D

Sulayyman
07-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Asalam wa alaikom sister.

I was told by my Islamic teacher a while back that anything with Allah's name on it (including the other 99 names) should not be thrown away. So if a paper has Al-Rahmaan or Al-Razzzaaq, then you should remove/erase that name from the paper first, then dispose it. If you cannot remove the name from it, then either bury it or place it in running water. Burning it is also permissable but not suggested.
As far as arabic writing on it, then it can be disposed if it has none of Allah's names on it. I'm sure du'aas have Allah's name on it since you are calling upon Allah so it is suggested that you bury it or place it in running water. I hope that answers your question sister.

Asalam wa alaikom :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!