/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fellow muslims I need advice and help

ck1986
07-10-2013, 06:36 PM
First of all I myself is a Muslim by name. I haven practiced Islam at all and I feel ashamed. I started to download the Quran and Hadith of the day on my Ipod. Recently my grandmother passed away (may Allah forgive her sins and have a place for her in Heaven) I couldn't go to her funeral because I live in the US and she lives in Turkey, and also work and financial status didn't allow me to go. I have really for a while know even question of Gods existence and that religion was man made.

However like I said my grandmother passed way 3 days ago, and in those 3 days I have been getting strange Hadith of the Day on my Ipod, like God was trying to send me a message. All of the three Hadiths were about vising the graveyard of a lost one and paying respect to the dead. I was wondering if God is trying to send me a message trying to save me for going way to far into not being a believer.

Please I would appreciate your advice's

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
07-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

If you are sincere, then I would advise you make dua/ask Allah for guidance. If your heart is pure when you make this request to Allah then in sha Allah you will receive guidance from Allah, after all the hadith is that if we go walking toward Allah he comes running to us. So, take the first step and ask Allah to guide you.

Iceee
07-10-2013, 07:17 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by ck1986
I have been getting strange Hadith of the Day on my Ipod, like God was trying to send me a message.

Salaam.

Mind writing some of the hadiths which you have gotten?
Also, death of a close relative or family member has very harsh effects. In times of desperation, (your son gets cancer, someone close to you dies etc.), that person will believe in God right away, even if he doubts the existence of God his whole life.

We don't know what Allah's Intentions are for you. Maybe this can be a punishment, or maybe you're just thinking this. Whatever it is, we know for certain it is a test which Allah has given you. The cure or medicine to your problem is making dua' in this blessed month of Ramadan, fasting 29/30 days, thanking Allah for giving you what you have, making du'a for your grandmother for Jannah, and praying 5 times a day.

QueenofHerts
07-10-2013, 08:03 PM
How wondrous that you got such hadiths around the time of your grandmothers passing. Inshallah you can pray for her or give some charity in her name and maybe when you physically and financially ready then you can go to Turkey and pay a visit. In the meantime It is good to hear that you have decided to practice your religion.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Transverse
07-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Don't you think its kind of silly that you are asking other people about this? If you think it is a message from God, then follow it. If not, then don't

ck1986
07-12-2013, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Transverse
Don't you think its kind of silly that you are asking other people about this? If you think it is a message from God, then follow it. If not, then don't
Have you ever heard of getting advice from other people. If you think its silly than stay away from my threads

greenhill
07-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Salaam Ramadhan Mubarak to all,

As they say, Allah works in mysterious ways. I suppose being where you are does not really help you with spiritual growth and will be more likely to sway away from the guided path.

If you want to read anything into it (the timing of the hadiths with the content and its relevance), it could be more than a coincidence. It could be that Allah knows that you are not a lost cause and that you may just require 'reminders' to help you stay on 'course' given the environment you are in.

If you look at any of sis Insaanah's post, at the bottom the page is an article you could click named 'Leaflet on Islam'. It might help you to re align your thoughts and put the basic understanding in place again. I am not sure the level of islamic understanding you have, but even as a practicing muslim I found it refreshing to read.

Any little thing that reminds us, pushes us, enlightens us, clarifies, and so forth in matter of faith and in the road of Allah is a blessing. It is then up to us what and how we act on it.

Peace to you.

UmmuShaheed
07-13-2013, 04:00 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

I think you should check out Sheikh Muhammad Mukhtar Ash-Shinqitee's lectures on youtube. Mashallah they are all amazing. May Allah grant him Jannah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!