/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it a one way ticket to hell if you dont want to marry

anonymous
07-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Those who dont marry are not from his Ummah".What does the phrase "not from his ummah " mean here ? Does it take a person out of the fold of islam ?So if someone does all islamic duties but dont marry , will they find themselves being sent to hell.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-11-2013, 02:54 PM
:sl:

There is difference between "Want to get married but don't get a chance" and "Do not want to get married although have a chance". The first is okay because not everyone is lucky. But the last?

Why you have intention to not get married? have a problem with opposite gender?

anonymous
07-11-2013, 04:34 PM
^^Thats is not the subject here and Please dont try to change it . I only want to know what the phrase "not from his Ummah" means . Does that mean you are from some other Muslim Prophet's Ummah but not his . As far as I know marriage isnt one of the 5 pillars of Islam and also I dont see a quran verse where Allah says that if you dont marry I will throw you into hell for eternity .

ardianto
07-11-2013, 04:42 PM
The correct version of that hadith is:

"Married is my sunnah. Any person who is reluctant to implement my sunnah, then it is not from my ummah. Getting married! Because I'm really proud of the large number of you in front of the entire ummah. Whoever has the ability (for marriage), then marry. And whoever is not able, let him fast because fasting is a shield for him (from lust)"

HR Ibnu Majah. Narrated by Aisha radhiyallaahu ‘anha

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-11-2013, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I only want to know what the phrase "not from his Ummah" means
I begin to thinking that you have heard an Islamic lecture which the lecturer said "Prophet Muhammad said, those who dont marry are not from his Ummah"

Of course if spoken by other people "my ummah" in that hadith turned into "his ummah".

I give an example. If I say "this is not my book", other people will say "Ardianto said this is not his book" if they refer to the same object.

anonymous
07-11-2013, 05:18 PM
If i understand you correctly , not following Sunnah will not sent a person to hell , so also not marrying will not send a person to hell. only leaving fard things will.and regarding fasting , Fasting is done for the 12 hours from dawn to dusk ,so I dont see how it will shield you from anything lust related for the remaining 12 hours from dusk to dawn

ardianto
07-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Fasting is done for the 12 hours from dawn to dusk ,so I dont see how it will shield you from anything lust related for the remaining 12 hours from dusk to dawn
"How many people are fasting but he did not get (anything) from fasting but only hunger and thirst."
(HR Ath Thabrani)

Fasting is not only stop eating stop drinking from dawn till dusk, but also control ourselves from anything that prohibited. If a man stop eating stop drinking but his eyes still enjoy "the sexy thing" that he seen, this is not fasting. :)

If a man is fasting correctly, not only stop eating stop drinking, In Shaa Allah, he would be able to fight the lust.

anonymous
07-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Fasting is not only stop eating stop drinking from dawn till dusk, but also control ourselves from anything that prohibited. If a man stop eating stop drinking but his eyes still enjoy "the sexy thing" that he seen, this is not fasting. If a man is fasting correctly, not only stop eating stop drinking, In Shaa Allah, he would be able to fight the lust.
You missed the point . We are talking about the time between dusk to dawn after fast is broken after Iftar . The eyes will not be bound by the fast during the night and an enjoy what it sees without any fear of fast getting broken .So What purpose will the fast serve as shield from marriage if you are only going to strait jacket yourself between dawn to dusk but continue do bad things in the night after breaking the fast and then stop them again just at Suhr next day.

anonymous
07-13-2013, 06:14 PM
^^^ok , can you please respond to my last post ?

Futuwwa
07-13-2013, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Edit : Please delete this post.

Honestly, I really forgot that now I have no wife. I always feel that she is still with me. imsad
Awww imsad

Muhaba
07-13-2013, 10:26 PM
Becoming a hermit and inflicting torture on one's body (such as through abstention from marriage or abstention from any lawful thing) is not allowed in Islam. But if one doesn't get married for valid reasons such as not being able to find a spouse or because he has no sexual needs, then that wouldn't apply.

The point of the hadith is basically to discourage extremist behavior, because Islam is the religion of moderation. The hadith was stated in response to some people who said they wouldn't sleep at all or wouldn't marry or would fast their whole life.

ardianto
07-14-2013, 04:51 PM
^^^ok , can you please respond to my last post ?
In my original post I wrote about fasting to prevent us from zina. But then I edited because I noticed that actually you were asking about how fasting can be a shield to prevent us from getting married.

Please, don't ask this question to me.

anonymous
07-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Whoever cannot do that , let him fast , for it will be a shield
Fast will only shield him temporarily for 12 hours not 24 hours as it lasts only for 12 hours .What about the remaining 12 hours ?What is the shield for the remaining 12 hours ?

anonymous
07-25-2013, 06:06 PM
FASTING DOES NOT PREVENT ANYONE FROM MARRIAGE,Celibacy has no place in Islam,Period

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Three people came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asking about the worship of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). When they were told, it was as if they regarded it as too little. They said: Who are we in comparison to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? Allaah has forgiven his past and future sins. One of them said: As for me, I will pray all night forever. Another said: I shall fast all my life and never break my fast. Another said: I shall keep away from women and never get married. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came and said: “Are you the ones who said such and such? By Allaah, I am the one who fears Allaah the most among you and I am the most pious, but I fast and I break my fast, I pray and I sleep, and I marry women. Whoever turns away from my Sunnah is not of me.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5063) and Muslim (1401).

...More...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!