/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Fears

Gintoki
07-13-2013, 01:11 PM
So i have been suffering from anxiety since last april, and my anxiety seems to be getting worse. My sessions with psychiatrist isn't really helping me, so if anyone expert in this field can help me and clear some of my fears? Would prefer if we do it in the PM.

Note : I'm not exactly religious, I'm a Muslim now, but still have low faith at the moment, So people saying that i should turn to Allah and recite this x surah won't exactly help me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-13-2013, 04:13 PM
When I was kid I was afraid of water. But I faced my fear, and then I competed in several swimming competition. When I was teen I interested to motocross, but I was afraid to jump on my motorbike. I faced my fear and then I raced in enough much motocross competition.

When I was a young adult I made a big mistake in my business that made me lost many wealth, and lost my pride as company owner. I knew I must start from the bottom, but I was worry people would insult me. But then I told myself "I have wife and kid. And I have responsibility to fulfill their needs". So I worked as salesman who was traveling around the city on old motorbike. Alhamdulillah now I can fulfill my family needs from my own business.

Late of 2008 I interested to join in this forum. I registered but did not create introduction thread because I was worry with my bad English. But after two weeks I told myself "Other members must be understand if English is not my first language". I made my introduction thread. And now how many posts I have written in IB?

Bro, do not run from your fear, because if you run from fear, then the fear will chase and haunting you as anxiety. Face your fear in proper way.

Try to remember what is the problem that made you afraid. And try to find the way to solve your problem. Raise your courage and take an action. Failed? try again with the better way.

And always make du'a because du'a will help you to raise your courage. And In Shaa Allah, you will get easiness to face your anxiety.

:)

Gintoki
07-13-2013, 05:55 PM
I also have fear of water which recently started, but it's improving as I'm doing the behavior therapy and doing the thing which i fear of.
But this fear i have is of sleep apnea. The thing is i don't have this disorder, but i think what if i suddenly at night i get this disorder, and stopped breathing and die. Sometimes i when I'm about to fall asleep i feel like i wasn't breathing and i suddenly wake up. This rarely happens, i don't know if this anxiety or something else.

Gintoki
07-14-2013, 02:34 PM
So far only 1 reply. Muslims people are helpful indeed. /sarcasm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-14-2013, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gintoki
Sometimes i when I'm about to fall asleep i feel like i wasn't breathing and i suddenly wake up.
If sleep stop your beath, you would not wake up, bro, and would sleep forever.

But you are still alive, aren't you. :)

Gintoki
07-14-2013, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
If sleep stop your beath, you would not wake up, bro, and would sleep forever.

But you are still alive, aren't you. :)
I wouldn't say exactly stop, but more like VERY light breathing. Enough to make me uncomfortable and suddenly wake up when I'm about to sleep.
Yes, i am alive at the moment, but afraid something could happen to me in the future while sleeping.

ardianto
07-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Have you visited doctor, bro?

Gintoki
07-16-2013, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Have you visited doctor, bro?
Yes, i have sessions with a psychiatrist.

Muhaba
07-16-2013, 10:09 PM
I also have fear of water which recently started, but it's improving as I'm doing the behavior therapy and doing the thing which i fear of.
But this fear i have is of sleep apnea. The thing is i don't have this disorder, but i think what if i suddenly at night i get this disorder, and stopped breathing and die. Sometimes i when I'm about to fall asleep i feel like i wasn't breathing and i suddenly wake up. This rarely happens, i don't know if this anxiety or something else.
You think you're afraid of sleep apnea but actually you are afraid of dying. Your soul knows that your faith is not correct because you're agnostic which means your belief in Allah is not sound. And with this belief, you will go to hell forever if you die because you aren't really Muslim. You have to correct your faith. You have to believe in the existence of Allah, that is you have to have emaan bil-ghaib, faith in the unseen.

In-sha-Allah when you correct your faith, your anxiety will also go away because your soul will know that when you die it won't be bound for hell. Right now, your soul knows fully well that it's bound for hell.

Gintoki
07-17-2013, 08:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
You think you're afraid of sleep apnea but actually you are afraid of dying. Your soul knows that your faith is not correct because you're agnostic which means your belief in Allah is not sound. And with this belief, you will go to hell forever if you die because you aren't really Muslim. You have to correct your faith. You have to believe in the existence of Allah, that is you have to have emaan bil-ghaib, faith in the unseen.

In-sha-Allah when you correct your faith, your anxiety will also go away because your soul will know that when you die it won't be bound for hell. Right now, your soul knows fully well that it's bound for hell.
I'm a Muslim. Just with low faith and a non-practicing one.

Muhaba
07-17-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm a Muslim. Just with low faith and a non-practicing one.
Your profile says your agnostic. You can't be agnostic and muslim at the same time. You have to have unwavering belief in the existence of one God to be Muslim.

Gintoki
07-17-2013, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
Your profile says your agnostic. You can't be agnostic and muslim at the same time. You have to have unwavering belief in the existence of one God to be Muslim.
I was one when i joined this site. Then took the shahadah and reverted back. Can't find the option where i can change the religion from. =s

Muhaba
07-17-2013, 11:04 AM
I was one when i joined this site. Then took the shahadah and reverted back. Can't find the option where i can change the religion from. =s
Alhamdulillah. You can contact administration and ask them to change it for you.
Next step is to increase your Islamic knowledge so you won't get astray easily. You can do so by reading Quran Translation (http://www.quran.com) and commentary (http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html ). Preferably to start with Juz 29 & 30.

May Allah help you overcome your fears. Know that nothing can make a person die except the will of Allah. You'll die at the time appointed for you by Allah. So forget the fears of dying in your sleep and sleep easily without any worries.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!