/* */

PDA

View Full Version : feel bad

_E_3
07-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Sorry for making another thread
I feel so low at the moment , my mum ( who isn't Muslim ) had cancer 2 years ago got treatment and was given the all clear from her drs she has to get checks every few months
well she went for a scan two weeks ago and they found something she is still to get a most instance scan
but is waiting for the appointment .

Am so worried about her that she might have the cancer back
She had chemo and am unsure if she can have it again also she has radiothreapy as am unsure if she can have that again.

At the moment i feel like self injuring i have self injured in the past it wasn't that long ago since the last time av done it .

i have been reading the Quran instead of doing it but i still have the urge to do it
I want to be self injury free during Ramadan and see if i can go further than that

i Also hear voices and they say things in graphic detail for me to self injure its hard not to when they keep saying these things to me
Am scared i might actually do it
My husband ( who use to self injure too ) is with me we talked about it for a little while and he said i need to try and keep myself busy
Am going to do my last two prayers then head to bed

I hope to feel better tomorrow but there more the voices say things the more i feel like self injuring

Am on medication for the voices and av just taking tonight ones a little while ago they should start working in 15 minutes
But they dont always take the voices away

I see my Psychiatrist on Thursday and my family dr on Friday
Am going to see if they will review my medication

Other than praying and reading the Quran am unsure what else to do about this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
07-14-2013, 03:04 AM
:sl: Sister, I hope your mother gets better soon and that she finds Islam.

I think changing the way you think might help. Good and bad things happen to people all the time. However, there is a divine wisdom behind everything that happens. Rather than fighting destiny, being scared of the unknown, scared of what might or what might not happen, I think you need to let go and let life take its course. It might be good or bad but whatever happens, strive to be content and patient and accepting of what life throws at you. It could be the worst thing in the world but remember, this world is temporary and our lives here are like a day or part of a day of the real timeline. We are being tested on how we react to pain, suffering etc.

I hope you feel stronger soon. :)

Muslim Woman
07-14-2013, 04:35 AM
:sl:

may Allah grants what is best for u and ur mom.

sis , keep praying , keep praying ; also take medicine with the belief that Allah will cure u.

_E_3
07-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Thank you both

My husband is always telling me not to worry about what the future holds ... i think am just a worrier
I worry about my family a lot i worry if am doing the right thing all the time

I think you are right brother when you say i need to let go
its just i find it very hard to

I think with Allah's( swt) help i will start to not worry so much

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
07-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Assalam o alikum

Sis make dua for the ppl u worry about, try to let go of things. Keep Ur self busy in the remembrance of Allah remember He's always there n He does listen. Plz don't feel bad InshaAllah everything's gng to b ok u need to relax a bit otherwise ur gng to get really sick.

May Allah bless you keep u happy always n grant U jannah ul firdos ameen

Take good care of urself n pray a lots n lots. :)

Muhaba
07-14-2013, 11:57 AM
First of all, injuring oneself is not allowed in Islam. Our body belongs to Allah and is a trust with us. If you harm yourself, Allah will ask you about it.

Second, pray for your mother's health but even more than that, pray that she becomes Muslim. Her state of kufr should bother you more than her illness because if she dies with kufr she'll be in hell forever. Death I not the end of everything. It's only a transition from one state of being to another.

Third, have trust in Allah and believe that whatever He does is best. Pray that all is well and that this is just a false alarm. Use the occasion to try to preach to your mother about Islam. Do it in a wise way; not in an obtrusive manner. You may have to study some topics and prepare what you're going to say. Focus on that instead of the bad feelings.

Finally, don't listen to Shaytan. The voices telling you to harm yourself is only the devil. Push those thoughts out of your mind completely and seek refuge with Allah against harming yourself. Don't allow yourself to be alone. Remain in the company of others as much as you can. If you need, go to a doctor and speak to him about your feelings and urges. Don't put yourself in risk if you think that the urges are so strong that you might actually follow through. Remember that the one who commits suicide will be in Hell forever so you have to stay away from even thoughts of suicide at all costs. Suicide is not an option for Muslims.

See a doctor immediately. May Allah help you overcome these issues and give health to your mother.

_E_3
07-14-2013, 02:02 PM
I pray that my mum becomes Muslim but its unlikely she will become Muslim
My mum is very set in her ways she dont like the fact am Muslim she has taken my hajib off me while male strangers where around and she is racist ...she is still my mother but am ashamed that she is my mother
i wish she would be more understanding of Islam and my choice to be Muslim and become Muslim herself

My husband is with me most of the time apart from when he goes to my mothers or go into town
I rarely go out because of social anxiety
My sister is the only other person i can get to stay with me but she is poor and rarely have the money to get here
So i have time on my own
Tomorrow my husband is going to my mums he is going to help her with a few things
I dont go because i have social anxiety and i rarely leave the house at all
I see my mum when she comes here or i go there when the buses are less busy

I have self injured for years 23 years in fact i started when i was 13 and am now 36
I am covered in scars i want to stop but its hard to stop when you have been doing it for so long
I pray that with Allah's ( swt ) help i will be free of this

Muhammad
07-21-2013, 01:28 AM
Assalamu Alaykum sister,

I am sorry to hear about your mother and the difficulties you are going through. I hope your mother will be fine, In sha Allah.

Let us know how things go. Busy yourself with the remembrance of Allaah :swt:, for He tells us in the Qur'an:

Those who believed (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah: verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest . [Ar-Ra'd 43:28]

The Qur'an is a cure for all issues, whether physical, spiritual or psychological. In sha Allah, you will feel less anxious and more in control of yourself when you become more attached to the Words of Allaah :swt:. We are also in the blessed month of Ramadhan. Use this opportunity to make du'a that Allaah :swt: guides your family and that He removes from you all psychological problems and grants you good health.

May Allaah :swt: make you a strong Muslimah who no longer self harms, and cure you from all problems, Aameen.

_E_3
07-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Just to let you all know my mum had been for her scan and she gets her results of it on the 8th of August

Muhammad
07-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Thanks for letting us know. In sha Allah the results will be good. Think to yourself that no matter what the outcome, you will accept the decree of Allaah :swt: and trust in His plan. You will not react except in a way that is pleasing to Allaah :swt:.

Remember the words of the Messenger :saws:: “How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2999).

Yanal
07-29-2013, 02:33 AM
:sl: Sister,

Insha'Allah sister be patient as you and your mother are going through a hardship which is merely a test from Allah. Being impatient drives away the peace of mind and fills it with pain and sorrow, you should seek Allahs guidance and blessings to help ease the sufferings that you may be bearing currently due to your mothers health condition.The Holy Quran says "And seek assistance through patience and prayer; and it is hard save for the humble-minded."

Insha'Allah Allah will make everything better and allow both of you to pass this ordeal that he is putting you through. You and your family are in my prayer,insha'Allah :).

_E_3
07-29-2013, 08:16 PM
I got some good news and some bad news today

My mum dont have cancer the bad news is that her bone at the bottom of her spine is corroding
she has to go and get another scan
her constant phoned her today and let her know

Am so happy that she dont have cancer Allah is the greatest, praise be to Allah
Because of the cancer treatment she had before caused the bones to weaken and make the bone corrod
Thank you so much all of you who have supported me and may Allah bless you

Muhammad
08-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Alhamdulillah, there is wisdom behind everything that Allaah :swt: decrees. May Allaah :swt: guide your mother to Islam and help you in all your affairs, Aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!