/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can you make dua to go back in time?

muslim_93
07-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi brothers and sisters,

I am a 19 year old sister and I've had a really bad experience recently and I have been making dua for Allah to change my past, to make it so that the event never happened. I'm just wondering if this is possible? Surely we cannot know - what if Allah takes us back all the time but wipes our memories? For example, I could ask him to take me back in time or wipe the event that happened so that it never occurred, and seeing as he has control of past, present and future, he could simply wipe the event and I could wake up with no recollection of it and it had never happened. Do you think this is possible? Is there anything in the Qur'an that says it is?

My second question is how to make dua count. How do I make the perfect dua so that Allah will answer it? And is it true that Allah answers all our duas in Ramadan?

Thirdly, I ask you all to please make dua for me. Please just ask Allah to take me back to a better time before this event happened. I don't want to go into detail but I can tell you I have been feeling a lot of sorrow - I believe Allah CAN change the past, we just do not know it, just like he can change the future. So please, I beg everyone who reads this to include me in their dua - ask Allah to turn back the clocks for me, so I could go back to a time when sorrow was not plaguing my mind and I was not so down all the time. Please ask him to take me back to a happier time.

Thank you brothers and sisters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jedi_Mindset
07-15-2013, 12:50 PM
This isnt possible, after hardships comes ease, and during times of hardships Allah gives you the opportunity to get closer to HIM. Accept the fact that these bad things happened and just move on, this hardship wont last forever, you can ask Allah to make it easier for you to deal with this hardship.

sister herb
07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Salam alaykum sister

You ask too difficult matters that I can´t answer. But one thing; if Allah would wipe that thing you did or what happened away and also away from your memory, how you could know you wouldn´t make same again, when you haven´t knowledge that kind of doing (what ever it was) was bad thing to do (if it was something you caused by your behavior)?

greenhill
07-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Salaam to you.

I am sure this is something many (if not everybody) would have at some point in their life wished for. As you quite correctly put it, nothing is impossible for Allah but that does not mean that He will do such things. Our beloved prophet s.a.w. dearly wanted his uncle to convert but he did not get this wish.

There are 2 options, one is that you will get your wish (dua) and the other you won't. Let us look at 'what if you don't'?

Your sincere regret shows that you have repented of the issue. That being the case, Allah, being the most Merciful will surely have forgiven you of whatever the matter was.

So what remains? The memory of the matter. Is it all bad to have that memory? Perhaps. But if the memory serves to make us a better person because it has taught us a very important lesson to shape our actions in the future and to remind us forever more that we do not want to repeat it again, it may be the best thing for us (in the future). Allahu'alam.

By wiping our slate and memory clean of the matter may put us in a similar situation in the future with no guidance from the past to do something far worse. In the end, we are all human, and humans makes mistakes. What defines us in the eyes of Allah is how we humbly submit ourselves and seek His forgiveness for the transgressions we committed.

Say 'Alhamdulillah' that He has given you guidance to sincerely regret whatever it was that happened, and that He will guide and bless your life from here onwards. To be caught up in the past is not going to help you build your future. Forgive yourself and pray for his protection.

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful. May you find peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Assalamualaikum, young sister.

You want to back to your past, but you also want Allah erase your memories of all experiences that happened after that time?. So you would have the same bad experiences again. It's because you would not aware of what could be happen to you. Different than if you back with all memories. You could predict what would happen and you could do anticipation.

So, should you back to your past with full memories?.

I've ever thinking like this too. I thought if I could back to my young age I would become national champ in motocross, and then become a great businessman who bath in money. But I began to thinking about the feeling that I would feel because I must be knew that my father would die before I reached 21.

Then I looked at my kids, and I began to realize that if I could change my past, my wife must be different, and my kids must be different too. And I began to thinking, would I be happy if I live as millionaire but I always feel sad because I missed those who I love?.

A little change in the past will be a big change in the future. But we will never know what will happen in the future. If you could back to your past and change it, your future would be different. If better, it's good. But if become worse?. You would regret it.

I understand what you feel, I understand if you feel worry about your future although I don't know in exactly what was your bad experience.

But, you cannot back to your past to change it. What you can do is take a lesson from your past as a guidance to walk to the future. We cannot change our past, but we always have a chance to build a future that better than our life today.

Always make yourself close to Allah, and always believe that Allah is always fair. You may have a bad past, but Allah can make you have a bright future. Always believe it.

Muslim Woman
07-15-2013, 05:13 PM
:sl:

sis , offer ur sincere repentance and ask Allah to hide ur sin / mistakes from others and forgives u .

Ya Gafuru , Ya Sattaru , Ya tawabu

Ramadan90
07-15-2013, 05:19 PM
:sl:

You know and I know that we cant erase the past, but you can always repent(before you die). Repent and remember that Allah is the most forgiving. Repent and stay back from the sin. Even if you go back to the sin, keep repenting. Learn from your mistakes and keep going.

If you constantly ask forgivness from Allah, humble yourself in the sight of him and working hard to stay away from what displeases him. Allah will answer your dua and forgive you.

عابر سبيل
07-15-2013, 06:26 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Here's the thing sister, we all submit Allah (swt) is Above all things Capable, that He can do anything.

However Allah (swt) created this universe and it has a sunnah that it follows. A way.

According to this way, time goes forward. Now Allah (swt) has allowed rules to bend for miracles and karaamaat in the past, but it is not a matter that typically happens. We can ask Allah (swt) to grant us the ability to fly on our own like what we see in works of fiction, but it will not happen, we will never be able to fly like for example peter pan because that is not how Allah (swt) created this world to operate.

So that said, some scholars state that asking Allah (swt) for these physically impossible things is bad manners when making du`aa' because we know that this is simply not the way that Allah (swt) gave this universe.

The best is to ask forgiveness. We all have our pasts and yes it can be very painful to remember the hundreds of things we did wrong and could have done better. All the good we've missed out on. All the negativity that resulted from our actions, except upon whom Allah has had mercy. The best we can hope for is forgiveness and you are fortunate to be alive today in this blessed month, the month of forgiveness. If Allah (swt) forgives you, even if whatever it was brought about humiliation in this world, in shaa' Allah in the hereafter you will see your sins switched to good deeds. That is all that matters in the end. That is the ultimate objective. This is not a month where it's strange for someone to leave with ALL their sins forgiven sister, take advantage of it, that person who comes out clean can indeed be you. It is a very possible and doable thing, it just takes sincerity in effort.

So may Allah make it easy and forgive our sins, and grant you peace and recovery from whatever it is. I mean I know it can be hard, as I said, we all have our pasts. And in Allah we seek aid.

Muhaba
07-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Try to forget about the event. Just move on with your life. Since you haven't given details, I can't give specific advice. Hope the advice below is helpful.

If it was your fault that the incident happened then you may blame yourself for it but with time, the misery will ease. Right now you may feel like you'll never forget and that is why you want to go back in time. But in-sha-Allah with time, you won't be so saddened by it.

In a hadith it is written that one shouldn't say the words "If I hadn't done this, it wouldn't have happened."
The fact that it happened means that it was decreed by Allah. No matter what you would've done, this thing would still have happened. So, no you can't go back in time and no you can't change your past. That doesn't mean you're not to blame if you sinned or did something wrong. If you were at fault, then seek forgiveness from Allah for your wrongdoing and try to make amendments. If you did something that caused someone else trouble, then try to remedy it or at least apologize to them. Finally, Allah forgives mankind so why shouldn't we forgive ourselves? Ask Allah's forgiveness sincerely and then forget about it. humans are a weak creation and prone to error so no point in remaining in misery forever because of something that happened.

Mashrukh
09-13-2023, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_93
Hi brothers and sisters,

I am a 19 year old sister and I've had a really bad experience recently and I have been making dua for Allah to change my past, to make it so that the event never happened. I'm just wondering if this is possible? Surely we cannot know - what if Allah takes us back all the time but wipes our memories? For example, I could ask him to take me back in time or wipe the event that happened so that it never occurred, and seeing as he has control of past, present and future, he could simply wipe the event and I could wake up with no recollection of it and it had never happened. Do you think this is possible? Is there anything in the Qur'an that says it is?

My second question is how to make dua count. How do I make the perfect dua so that Allah will answer it? And is it true that Allah answers all our duas in Ramadan?

Thirdly, I ask you all to please make dua for me. Please just ask Allah to take me back to a better time before this event happened. I don't want to go into detail but I can tell you I have been feeling a lot of sorrow - I believe Allah CAN change the past, we just do not know it, just like he can change the future. So please, I beg everyone who reads this to include me in their dua - ask Allah to turn back the clocks for me, so I could go back to a time when sorrow was not plaguing my mind and I was not so down all the time. Please ask him to take me back to a happier time.

Thank you brothers and sisters.
Assalamualaikum sister,
I see your problem. And how can I tell you that I am in same problem.i want to go back my past just 5 years but how can I go? I don't know. I think if Allah want he can do everything.and I am waiting for this. If you know the answer please tell me sister.i am waiting for this

studentofislam2
09-13-2023, 11:58 PM
Al salam alyikoum sister,

Allah all merciful most merciful says in the Quran "What begotten was not meant to miss you and what what was meant to begotten you was meant for you". This comes under the believe in predestination which is a part of faith. Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib May God honor his face says "If people take a look at hidden they will not change it", meaning that the thing that you don't like was the best thing for you despite it being displeasing to you and Allah knows and you don't know. Allah says "seek assistance in patience and prayer". So maybe increase your optional prayers and seek forgiveness and seek repentance. Al hasan al basrai says to a man that says that he was leaking in wealth and so on to increase in seeking forgiveness from Allah or saying istighfar Allah. I pray that you find peace and your life change for the better sister and Allah helps all the way and guide to what is best for you.

Izzat
Student of knowledge,
https://youtube.com/@sunnahactsofwor...-rWw5i82-MLWY4

Ines95
01-09-2024, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mashrukh
Assalamualaikum sister,
I see your problem. And how can I tell you that I am in same problem.i want to go back my past just 5 years but how can I go? I don't know. I think if Allah want he can do everything.and I am waiting for this. If you know the answer please tell me sister.i am waiting for this
me too, my brother, would love it so much. please keep me informed

Sunshineday
01-18-2024, 02:44 AM
This question itself is so wrong for any Muslim to ask - and the fact that people are asking it -they should be aware that they are elevating themselves and their mistakes above everything that Allah has already done. It is full of disrespect to Allah! Listen - Allah has created everything and running the Earth around the Sun and everything that was going on with the weather, your bodily functions, just because you made a mistake, why would Allah reverse things just for you?? That is in grave error-and just shows WHY you have made the mistakes in the first place as you have ELEVATED yourself above what Allah has already done in this world. CLEARLY you only care about what YOU want and how things should work for YOU.

As a Muslim it is being a SERVANT to Allah to SUBMIT to Allah - it is in great error what I have read here-even to me greater then their SIN they have committed as they are DISRESPECTING Allah. Then they have the nerve to ask for a special prayer-when obviously they ARE NOT even praying properly or sincerely as Muslims. This is why there are those that look towards other religions like Buddhists etc as they are the centre and they are drawn to what works for them and to make themselves feel special and elevated. In Islam again we are servants of Allah , the Christians say they are his children and the Jews say they are his chosen people.

Asking this question also demonstrates you DON'T even know what is good for you, it is immature as well as disrespectful. Even prostitutes have repented and haven't asked or dreamt of asking for this. People think they are more clever with their technology but they are foolish. Quit thinking along these lines as it is NEVER going to happen. This is also why Allah sends those to Hell, Allah didn't do anything wrong when he created people, but they sent themselves to the Hell-fire-why should Allah take them out of existence? Here, why should Allah undo what he has done dictated to by the evil deeds of people??

Here, Allah has already told you what to do, to repent, he never said that he will be undoing things to fit with your sins-your SINS are not that GREAT that Allah is going to UNDO everything he has done to fit with you-are you then going to ask for a RESET of your life everytime you make a mistake?? How FOOLISH and again how DISRESPECTFUL - be a Muslim and submit to Allah regardless of your mistakes -if you say this is not enough due to your SINS, here you have ELEVATED your sins to say they are more IMPORTANT. You are saying to Allah you can't move on due to your SINS, you may not have your ideal life-but TOUGH, again your SINS are not more IMPORTANT that Allah is going to delete them for you-he has stated for you to REPENT not for a RESET, that's is also when people go to do Hajj and all their sins are wiped away-never was it to do a RESET. How foolish! Be ashamed of this and understand yourselves, you got a lot to improve upon and you are acting as evil people do, when their life doesn't work out, those that do black magic, they have a fantasy of what they wanted their life or others would be -and they live off that, no what they can make their lives like in reality, if they don't have their ideal life, they get upset, commit sins and send themselves to Hell fire. What you believe about your life and what it could have been like is NOT more important to what Allah has already done -if it was MORE important -THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED IT INSTEAD OF MAKING MISTAKES, IF YOU COULDN'T FOLLOW AFTER YOUR OWN FANTASY LIFE-WHY ARE YOU THEN ASKING ALLAH TO FIT IN WITH IT -HOW FOOLISH!!! :astag:

Abz2000
01-18-2024, 01:48 PM
Assalamu'alaikum,
Imagining that it was logically possible (and it doesn't hold much strength considering that Allah swt would have to undo everything that happened in between, and the people and places that exist and existed since that time most likely won't due to the ripple effect that you'd inevitably cause).

It would be easier for you to consider the practical implications of this - that you would most likely fall ill and die very quickly - due to the fact that your body is adapted to the variables of this time.

If you just go to a country in this atmosphere and age which has a majority of financially less wealthy people than the one in which you currently reside, and see how long your immune system lasts before you have to undergo a huge fever that contains drastic recalibration - you'll probably get an idea of how it is unlikely that a fever could recalibrate all of that data in one generation.

Most likely you would have to be born again, and then you wouldn't know what it was that you wanted to change
And if He downgraded your genetic makeup and let you go back with all of the data in your head - He would have to change the times for all of the inventions that took place in between - since you'd inevitably get caught using some of the evolved ideas (life hacks) that you've picked up - even if inadvertently, and then they'd probably wipe each other out since it was a separated tribal allegiance thing all the way up to the revelation of the Quran (they evolved and survived as separate tightly knit tribes back in the days - even Allah swt accepted it (as can be seen in what remains of previously revealed scriptures and in the Quran).

But anyways - the last parts of the above are irrelevant to the main point - since it's it involves wiping out all that has happened in between - can Allah swt commit injustice? Or has He forbidden it upon Himself?

Ines95
01-18-2024, 06:18 PM
I lost my mother in terrible circumstances and I can't get over her loss. Can you imagine the pain of knowing that your mother suffered terribly.I can't imagine my life without her. I miss her every moment. she will know nothing about my life, she was so kind and loving. All I want is to still have her with me. tell her how much I love her and thank her for everything she has done for me. I can't get over it

Sunshineday
01-20-2024, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ines95
I lost my mother in terrible circumstances and I can't get over her loss. Can you imagine the pain of knowing that your mother suffered terribly.I can't imagine my life without her. I miss her every moment. she will know nothing about my life, she was so kind and loving. All I want is to still have her with me. tell her how much I love her and thank her for everything she has done for me. I can't get over it

I usually provide a direct response-which helps as I don’t always spend time online and don’t like to waste time-so don’t be offended.

1. The reasons why people struggle in your situation as they are placing their relationship more important than that between the deceased and Allah.
2. The dead would never wish to come back into this world -except a. if they are going to Hell and wish to have another chance or b. wishing they did more to increase their reward.
3. What people don’t think about is that if you had your Mother back it wouldn’t be the same, someone in the next world coming back here, wouldn’t just be concentrating on having a nice life, having holidays, spending time with family, having hobbies. Actually they would want to be walking down the street and shouting at people that we don’t’ agree with you and there is the one God and that is all that matters. So how you think that relationship would be wouldn’t be the same. She would be telling you to worship Allah and that’s all she would care about.
4. On the Day of Judgement, people won’t be caring about each other, they will be looking forwards and not each other. It’s not a get together like you do in this world, you wish to stand with people you get along etc.
5. If humans just all died in peace or just evaporated on death -then if you think about it, people wouldn’t be that caring about each other and think about looking out for them. Also, their suffering, Allah rewards for everything – and that is between your Mother and Allah. A Muslim would be offended if Allah said to them when they are dead, it is actually about your daughter/son-they would reply, this is my suffering and I look towards a reward from you-this is what they care about.
6. Even the dead children don’t need your sympathy-they look towards Allah and they don’t care about this person crying.
7. Shaytaan has led many astray to crying about their dead relatives and even people have committed suicide! Here, again elevating their own relationship over Allah and their relative. Everyone and everything belongs to Allah- and on to him they return. They are also really saying is that it is pointless for someone to love them as all they are going to do is get depressed and commit suicide if they are left alone. Is that the value of love?? Did they appreciate it?? If they did, they would be happy with what they had and move on to bettering themselves. Allah is not going to send you to Paradise because you were not loved-nowhere does it state that you had to be loved.
8. The dead will never ask to come back to play games, have a party with people-that is not enough and never will be. I heard a Mother having a dream of her dead daughter in a bad state, she visited another Muslim, who told her to pray on behalf her daughter-using Durood Sharif, then she had another dream of her daughter In a better state.
9. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is an intercessor on the Day of Judgement- this is different as he cared about people being successful with Allah.
10. The Muslims have been successful and a religion perfected because the Muslims listened to the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. This is not what happened with the Jews-who rejected the last 2 Prophets and didn’t treat the other Prophets well Like King David peace be upon him and the Christians feared the authorities more even though Prophet Jesus peace be upon him had the table spreadth from heaven made a clay bird (which is believed to be the bat) and by Allah’s permission came alive. When the Prophet Jesus peace be upon him comes back he won’t need to tell the Muslims how to pray, as we have already been taught. The Muslims won’t allow anything to happen to him. The Christians say they were told not to protect him when he was alive-so why then are they fighting any wars after that-what permission do they have?? At the time of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, the companions followed him and his teachings-they readily listened and made changes-this is why we are successful.
11. People watch too much western media and get carried away – if there was a child and they were looking forward to going to the meadow and playing with the other children -but then they were told couldn’t, this child will be upset. The issue is now adults are feeling sorry for themselves-when it is no longer about being on the “receiving” end of attention but about engaging with others, being helpful -to Muslims and non-Muslims. Where is there time to feel sorry for yourself?? That also shows that you are not doing much in your life-as if it was enough, you wouldn’t be wishing for your Mother to come back and sit with you.
12. There are those on the Day of Judgement wished they didn’t listen to people, as it held them back (they aren’t going to Hell), they are seeing all these people earning their reward and theirs is a little. Allah is not going to give you Paradise for how many ice-creams you eat, if you enjoyed a sunny day -he is going to give you Paradise for looking towards him, praying to him.
13. There are those on the Day of Judgement-the martyrs who have had injuries-this is kept and I think there is reference of it with having sweet scent. If someone said to them, we wish you didn’t have those injuries or that you didn’t get killed -you think they would be happy-rather they would be offended-so your saying your sympathy is what people should live by that you didn’t want anyone to go through anything. If this was the case-our test would be really dumbed down. Our religious texts would be different, it would just be based on how well we live. Your Mother is not living on your sympathy either she is looking towards Allah.
14. Anyone who goes to Hell, the good people are not going to be standing their being miserable on the Day of Judgement, they are being rejoiceful, they will be going to Paradise. Why should they be miserable as evil doers were being selfish and sent themselves to Hell. For Allah to send people to Hell is not a small thing-we can see in today’s world too, he gives people lots and lots of chances-his Mercy is Great. Your Kindness, mercy is not greater than Allah’s.
15. Paradise even thinking of what we know basically, there are 4 rivers, honey, wine, water and milk (which is the substance of course created by Allah and animals been allowed to produce). Trees, grass -says were water underneath flows-so no rain. Walking over carpets, grass, marble-so this is what you should be looking towards with your Mother. If you care about your Mother this much then you should be concentrating on earning and building your reward-you may have opportunities to do more than your Mother had time to do. When you pray on behalf of your Mother-like reading a Surah for her, she will know of this.
16. The reason why a lot of people won’t see the dead as they keep on thinking of their relationships with them more and get led astray-it would be foolish and they would wish to keep seeing them.
17. There are ranks and favourites with Allah -this is also what the west has distorted, saying you can’t have favourites. When even Satan was jealous of Prophet Adam peace be upon him, the brothers of Prophet Yusuf peace be upon him being jealous. At the time of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him he said he will be giving this flag to someone that Allah and he loves the most-he gave this flag to Ali. The other Muslims didn’t stand there and get upset and jealous and walk away – there is nothing wrong with people doing better.
18. What about if you waste your life and you go to Hell and your Mother in Paradise-and what about if your Mother has another child in Paradise?? Why waste time on saying what could be – wasting your brain’s thinking, it isn’t so you need to concentrate on what you have, and tell others in this world that you love them and be responsible and be there for others instead of wishing that you can do that for a dead person.
19. This world is not for the dead-so no need to think about them and what their lives would have been like.
20. So many Palestinians are dead and you know what they are saying?? All this political nonsense-people should just be looking towards the Day of Judgement. They don’t need people’s sympathies. People need to be kind yes for the good of their own souls. If you don’t, then you will never have the opportunity to be kind to others.
21. In Hell, those won’t be able to get their prayers answered-this is the biggest thing they lose and of course they will never have the opportunity to help, be kind to others.
22. You are not being kind to yourself either by being stuck in your life with a dead person.
23. The Day of Judgement is the most important day of your life, as everything you do is for that Day to look at where you can be forever. So, you need to check what would you be saying on the Day of Judgement?? Your Mother will not be agreeing with your thinking.
24. This is where the west are corrupt, they are not religious, but they have elevated their love above Allah’s. The angels are not praising their love in Heaven -it doesn’t open the gates of Heaven or Paradise. You hear bizarre mentioning of this person is looking down on me etc. Here, it’s always about them being in the centre. They turn away from Allah who created them and all the food they eat-and make a big deal about themselves-well there partners and parents will not care about them.
25. This is why the Muslims have a difference of behaviour-we don’t waste time and ask people to look at us, when we give to charity we are asking them to look towards Allah and not to us, but there are those that want to have an emotional reaction to show how much they meant to that person -this is wrong.
26. Islam is not corrupted and going to be changed by people’s emotions – this is where I can comfortably say your Mother will not be caring about your emotional state-as it means nothing (she won’t be happy-but as everyone belongs to Allah it is not for her to think about and dwell on-in Heaven that is not their place to to interfere as you are responsible for your own relationship with Allah). What will mean something is when you pray and do good.

anayaxabir
01-28-2024, 07:58 PM
I'm going through the same thing too but Allah is helping me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!