/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can we pay fidyah through an international organization

Aishath
07-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum

I have some fasts that I did not make up for from a few years ago. I have now made up the fasts but according to the Shafi figh, I need to pay the fidyah as well.

I was going to pay this amount using either Islamic Relief or maybe Muslim Hands Uk. But then a brother on a forum advised me that I should pay this locally (I'm living in Maldives now) and the rates etc would differ based on where i live. With Islamic relief I think they use the fidyah payments to feed poor Muslims in other parts of the world.

It is going to be rather difficult for me to figure out how to pay the fidyah in my own country, short of telling people about this sin. I feel shy of telling my parents that I haven't recovered such and such fasts from these years. The amount that needs to be paid is rather large as well and I am saving up that money as I am getting my salary.

If I were to pay Fidyah using a trusted organization, would it not suffice brother? In my country, it is not as easy to get in contact with Sheikhs or even Imams without having to ask people to put me in contact. I would need to tell someone, who would need to tell others... pretty soon it would go around to my parents and others as well that I am having to pay a fidyah payments for such and such reasons...

In Shaa Allah in the future there would be a way that we can make such payments locally anonymously but as of right now, I am not aware of any way we can do so.

Please advise me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Wa'alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

My ustadz ever told me that we should not neglect our neighbors who are in hunger.

However, if due of some reasons you cannot pay fidyah through local institution, you can pay your fidyah through international organization to feed the hungry people in another place. It's better than you hold the fidyah that you must pay.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!