/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can a Muslim Watch/play things that may be fictional but could be offensive?/!

Zain11
07-17-2013, 02:34 AM
Hi ,. I ’m a young person who’s an occasional Gamer. I was wondering if its ok for a Muslim person to play the Video Game Series “Assassins Creed”?. As you know at the moment it’s the month of Ramadan and its very hot, I’m on holidays and occasionally to pass the time I enjoy playing video gameswhilst keeping Rozas and doing my bit as a fellow Muslim. I have only been interested in gaming in the last few years with me receiving my very own Xbox 360 console on my birthday last year. Previously I played on my brothers console as I’m more of a computer type person.

I don’t own many games as I can borrow or try different titles from my brothers or friends also I am not keen on spending large sums of money selfishly etc. Anyway I do look out for reduced offers and sales etc. From 16th July to July 30th Microsoft isgiving out “Assassins Creed 2” for FREE!!!! This is a 4 year old full game that I never played before and can own before its FFREE offer of expiry date. But here’s the catch the game is apparently Anti Religious and Extreme Secularist almost atheist in its storyline . It will be better if you guys search it yourself and draw out your conclusions. I’m not a perfect Muslim but I try my best to keep on the right line i.e. not drinking, using drugs , eating haram or other bad habits etc. and i have a strong belief in God.

Please excuse me for Sounding Silly or Stupid but believe it or not this is the question that led me to join this forum. Most of my local mosque is full of elder people including the imam and asking them may not be the best option.My brother just shrugs it off and my Friends are white or Muslims who don’t really care.

But it’s important for me as I want to know am I committing Shirk? Or being Haram? If I own and play this game etc. its gets annoying and partly jealous when my friends and other class fellows talk about their latest purchases.I swore not to spend a penny on these kinds of games that mock religious feelings. I don’t have a problem with ignoring aspects of bad scenes in such games but this just takes it to a new level e.g. will you stand up if people are mocking your beliefs etc.?.

The game mainly targets Christians and the Bible but nevertheless includes the overall theme of religious aspects which it tries to portray in a negative light. Another thing I forgot to mention is that several of the game’s directors/producers are Muslim e.g. (Ashraf Ismail) and God knows how they agree to this ridiculous story line or just work for the Money & Profits.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-17-2013, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zain11
its gets annoying and partly jealous when my friends and other class fellows talk about their latest purchases.
So you feel annoyed and jealous because your friends buy the latest games?. And you feel the need to join this trend too because you afraid you will be different than your friends?.

Ooh, young man, you have to dared to be different because it will make you cool. :)

You better pick another hobby which more positive like play soccer or basketball.

Ali_008
07-17-2013, 05:47 PM
:sl:

Video games are just a waste of time. It is one thing if you're playing some game on your smart phone for 5 mins in between things, but playing games on consoles that takes days, sometimes even months to complete is totally something else. Particularly in the month of Ramadaan where you get multiplied reward for every good deed. Avoid such gaming company, and it will be easier for you to get away from gaming.

I would advise that not only for Ramadaan, but whenever you have free time - make it count. Do things that will benefit you either in this world or in the hereafter or both. Spend your leisure time learning Islam or making money. I could learn that you don't need a degree to make money only after I had completed my education. Therefore, my advise to every student is get a balance, and start making money. Attend Islamic lectures, recite the Qur'an with translation, read the biographies of Rasoolullah :saws: and his noble companions (RadhiAllahu Anhum).

Playing games isn't going to benefit you in this world nor in the afterlife. Rather, it will only deprive you of valuable time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!