/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you know about Sheikh Imran Hosein

UmmuShaheed
07-22-2013, 03:40 AM
Asalamu Alaykum

Can anyone tell me what they know about Sheikh Imran Hosein? I've seen many interesting lectures he's made. But theres also other sheikhs saying you shouldn't listen to him.
What are your view?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ba51th
07-24-2013, 08:53 PM
:wasalam:

and who are this other "sheikhs"?

Scimitar
07-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Sheikh Imran Hosein is entitled to provide his opinion on matters, and you are invited to investigate what he says.... and if you don't know how to follow method, you'll follow everything he says blindly.

My advice? Listen to him, but know that he can be wrong about a lot of things. Look up the classic's by Ibn Kathir and others to see where Imran Hosein differs with authentic Islam in explaining certain aspects of eschatology.

For the record, half of what Imran says is credible, the other half - disputed, for me anyway.

Scimi

ardianto
07-24-2013, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmuShaheed
Asalamu Alaykum

Can anyone tell me what they know about Sheikh Imran Hosein? I've seen many interesting lectures he's made. But theres also other sheikhs saying you shouldn't listen to him.
What are your view?
Wa'alaikum salam

I never listen to sheikh Imran Hosein. But after I know there other sheikh who say we should not listen to him, now I'm curious to listen to sheikh Imran Hosein lectures.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ba51th
07-24-2013, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I never listen to sheikh Imran Hosein. But after I know there other sheikh who say we should not listen to him, now I'm curious to listen to sheikh Imran Hosein lectures.

UmmuShaheed
07-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Wacaleykum Salam
Off the top of my head, Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari.

UmmuShaheed
07-24-2013, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Sheikh Imran Hosein is entitled to provide his opinion on matters, and you are invited to investigate what he says.... and if you don't know how to follow method, you'll follow everything he says blindly.

My advice? Listen to him, but know that he can be wrong about a lot of things. Look up the classic's by Ibn Kathir and others to see where Imran Hosein differs with authentic Islam in explaining certain aspects of eschatology.

For the record, half of what Imran says is credible, the other half - disputed, for me anyway.

Scimi
I understand what you mean, Jazakallahu Khayr

UmmuShaheed
07-24-2013, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wa'alaikum salam

:)
You should, In'sha'allah.

greenhill
07-27-2013, 03:25 PM
I have. I have read his books too. Jerusalem in the Quran and I forget the second.

Like bro Scimi says, . . . as I read his book, I put it down several times. It's rather direct and in your face. I had to 're-tune' my head to ignore the expressive or 'emotional' aspects and to just get what his message is.

From his talks to his books, what I have observed is that his method is to shock you into action! He throws the bottomline at you. World or hereafter.

In all honesty, he helped me 'peel the layers' that veiled my world. I realised how my vision of the world was actually out of my ass, seeing for the first time through my real eyes was too shocking, that I switched back to looking at the world as I knew, through my ass, but eventually once message was digested, I had to explore it and unveil it. He also made me ask searching questions about myself, and I still find myself at times bouncing between that of the world and of hereafter.

Mind you it has been over a decade since I read or heard him....

Peace

umar_
07-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Wa'AlaumSalaam

He's alright.

Not one of those Moderate, sell outs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!