/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Growing the beard {help}

Sulayyman
07-23-2013, 08:54 AM
:sl:

I hope everyone is in the best of health.

My concern today is the beard. I know it is the Sunnah (Fard Sunnah) to grow the beard and anyone who loves the Prophet Muhammad :saws: enough will of course let the beard grow. I am dying (not literally) to grow a beard but it's small hairs here and there on the sides. My sideburns don't grow but on my chain there is Alhamdulillah hair growing. The problem is that it doesn't grow to a fist's length. I have shaved every other day for the intention of growing a beard faster. Right now, I haven't shaved for a week and so there's hair on my chain, random hair on my sides with very small hairs but not showing.

What I'm asking for is if anyone has any advice or tips they can give me to help me grow a nice beard :ia: . It will be extremely appreciated! I heard applying olive oil will give it a slight boost but I haven't tried it yet. Open for advice :)

:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-23-2013, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sulayyman
:sl:

I hope everyone is in the best of health.

My concern today is the beard. I know it is the Sunnah (Fard Sunnah) to grow the beard and anyone who loves the Prophet Muhammad :saws: enough will of course let the beard grow. I am dying (not literally) to grow a beard but it's small hairs here and there on the sides. My sideburns don't grow but on my chain there is Alhamdulillah hair growing. The problem is that it doesn't grow to a fist's length. I have shaved every other day for the intention of growing a beard faster. Right now, I haven't shaved for a week and so there's hair on my chain, random hair on my sides with very small hairs but not showing.

What I'm asking for is if anyone has any advice or tips they can give me to help me grow a nice beard :ia: . It will be extremely appreciated! I heard applying olive oil will give it a slight boost but I haven't tried it yet. Open for advice :)

:jz:
:wa:

It is very noble that you want to fulfil this most noble Sunnah of not only our beloved Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) but this was the of all the Prophets (Alaihis Salaam). Regarding your beard then my brother the length it grows out and the thickness etc. is all dependant on ones genetic make up. Some people have very thick and full beards and some have very thin beards. Some only have sporadic growth and some only a few hairs here and there.

Therefore what matters is not how much it grows out or its thickness etc. But that you let it grow to whatever it will grow to. As long as you let it grow then you are fully compliant with the Sunnah of the beard. So do not shave it but leave it and let it be. Do not think to yourself "why" does it not grow as full and as thick as other peoples etc. Simple reason is that it is the will of Allah in the way he created us all being different. If you let it grow then this is just as good as someone with a full beard in the eyes of Allah.

So be happy and content and let it grow and if it does grow out more than a fist full which it may or may not then you can shape it but if not then just leave it be but continue to rub olive olive into it and take care of it by coming it..

May Allah enable all of us to do that which pleases him. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!