/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Maybe converting

JordanLA
07-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Hey there.

I have been a Christian for years but around 3 days ago I was hit by this sudden intrest in Islam! I have been researching it and it has made me question my believes. But I can't seem to just leave Christianity, I feel like I'd be betraying God. But, Why would God put this intrest in my heart if he was not trying to show me something? I feel like he must be trying to show me something but I'm just so confused! So, I would like to ask on any advice or helpful knowledge you may be able to share with me, Because I'm just so confused :D.

Bless you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
07-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Salaam / Peace Be Upon You

Welcome to our forums. :welcome:

Feel free to browse through the http://www.islamicboard.com/discover-islam/ section.

Muhammad
07-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Hello Jordan and a very walm welcome to our forum,

It's great to hear of your interest in Islam. Most certainly there is a reason for everything. Keep asking God sincerely to show you the true path of guidance, and be receptive to the truth.

It would also be a good idea to learn about Islam, focusing on its core beliefs and working your way from there. The cure for doubt is knowledge, so the more you learn about Islam, the confusion will clear, God-willing. As Muslims we believe that Islam is the only true religion accepted by God, and by studying it you will find that it is not a new religion, rather a continuation of the message brought by all the Prophets since Adam (upon him be peace) - see here for some more background on Islam: http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post1587820

We have many converts here from Christianity, so I'm sure they can relate to what you are feeling. By coming to Islam, they found that it was a completion of their faith, not a betrayal. They found they were now truer to Jesus' teachings as Muslims than when they were Christians. It's important to be aware that in Islam, Jesus (upon him be peace) is a highly respected Messenger of God whom all Muslims are required to believe in:

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Please also be aware that Muslims love and respect Jesus (peace be upon him) and believe in him as he was; one of the most noble and purest of humanity to ever walk the earth, and one of the greatest messengers of Allah, sent to the Children of Israel. We do not reject him (as Jews do), nor do we deify him (as Christians do). Neither he, nor any other messenger, was divine, ever claimed divinity, or to be God's son. We believe he was born miraculously of the noble virgin Mary (peace be on her), and that he is the messiah. We do not however, believe that he died or was crucified. He will return to earth near the end of time.
Here is a thread regarding the concept of the Messiah in Islam: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ml#post1191702

One place to start is to begin reading a translation of the Qur'an, which is the holy book for Muslims. Here are a few threads about it, and there are many more:
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...slim-life.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ne-origin.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...christian.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ecitation.html

Here's a couple of threads about Christians converting to Islam, which might be helpful to look at why they converted:
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...-me-islam.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...er-joshua.html

Please do let us know if you have any questions and we will do our best to help any way we can. :)

Peace.

Muslim Woman
07-24-2013, 04:18 AM
Hello,

Welcome here . Pl. browse the forum and ask about Islam and Muslims in related threads or start thread in general section.

May God Almigty show u the Truth. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
07-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Pretty heavy for an introduction to self...:statisfie Hope you will like your stay and find fulfilling answers. Peace.

aflawedbeing
07-24-2013, 01:34 PM
MashaAllah Jordan. Wallahe, it warms my heart to see you taking such a strong and sudden interest in Islam. :)

Just some tips, there's no such thing as a stupid question. If you have ANYTHING you wish to discuss, start a topic and just ask straight out.
Stick around, and keep researching. Be patient, don't expect to have all the answers you want over night. these things take time.

It's only been three days. InshaAllah spend some time learning, and investigating first. Build your imaan, for the sake of sincerity in your shahada (inshaAllah, providing you go this way.)

Wallahe I look forward to (respectful) dialogue with you inshaAllah. Take good care.

Allahuakbar_
07-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Welcome may peace bbe upon you and may allah(god) give you guidance.
I to used to be a christian and reverted back to islam.
When I reverted It didnt feel like there was any betrayal to god, because it was through islam that I got to reall know who god was.
In christianity you have to believe in the father,the son, and the holy ghosts. IN the bible there are verses that say jesus prayed. So ask yourself who was he praying to? And look at these verses if you can. Also jesus was a man like you and I he walked ,ate, and breathed the same way you and i do. So again ask yourslef is the correct way to worship one of gods creation(another human-being). Islam teaches monotheism the same way of Abrahm(peace be upon him). All the prophets in Islam sent the same message from adam to muhammad. The message was La ilah illallah(There is no god but the one true god). And by one true god meaning not to asscoiate any partners with him. Also no one can possess any of the attributes of allah(god). Associating any on his attributes with anyone else is against islam. Islam teaches that man may have knowledge but Allah(god) is the Most-Knowledgeable. The most high. It was through Islam for me that I got to know who my creator was and how to worship him. So some advice that I have for you is to research Islamic monotheism. And also research the subject of Tauhid(oneness of Allah). Maybe you can go to your local mosque or masjid and ask to speak to the imam and asks them your questions. I highly recommend that the first thing you need to know in islam is who your creator is and by doing so you need to learn about Tauhid(oneness of allah)
I hope this information is beneficial to you. If you have any more questions please reply back . May Allah(god) give us both guidance .

JordanLA
07-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Thank you for the help!

ba51th
07-24-2013, 09:14 PM
http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Fund...%20Tawheed.pdf

Yanal
07-25-2013, 01:38 AM
:sl: Jordan,

I am sure there are various of threads and articles around the database of this forum and many other sites that corrolate with Islam, but I will try my utmost best to give you a overview of our 5 pillars, insha'Allaah you will gain some information from them and hopefully it may open your path into Islam:).It is reported on the authority of Ibn 'Umar(Allah be pleased with him) that Prophet Muhammad(peace and blessings be upon him) narrated: "The edifice of Islam rests on five(things):i)Testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His bondman as well Envoy; ii)establishment of prayer iii)payment of Zakat iv)performance of Hajj and v)Fasting during the month of Ramadhan.

The first and most vital pillar is our faith:La ilaha illa-Allah( there is no god but Allah). That is the first part of the declaration of the Islamic faith. He is our SUpereme Lord,Master and our Sustainer. He responds to the invocations of those who invoke him. He gives us life and causes death. Our Prophet Muhammad(On whom be the blessings of Allah) is the second part of the declaration of Faith: our worship towards Allah is to be performed in accordance with the teachings of our beloved Prophet Muhammad(PBUH). He is the Apostle of Allah m whom through the supreme relevation of our Lord has been vouchsafed to the entire human race and jinns in the form of the Sacred Book that you may have heard of, The Holy Quran which contains all the rules and regulations that is regarding every single aspect of our lives.

Allah has enjoined upon us believers to offer prayers;this act of worship is the basic requirement of Islam.Prayer is an act of vital importance to nourish the soul as good is essential for the maintenance of our human body. The objective of praying it to root deeply in the human heart the seed of the realization of Allah and awaken his consciousness. When we pray, we hold confidential commuinion with our Lord and feel the Divine Presence as a reality with a firm conviction that yes we can approach Him. Prayer adopted as a ritual and performed carelessly devoid of concentration is not prayer offered in the real sense as the Holy Quran affirms " Woe unto worshippers who are heedless of their Prayer."

Zakat is on of the chief pillars on which the grand edifice of Islam rests. It is incumbent upon the Musliims that earn enough to give away a part of their wealth for the benefit of the more needy and poor.The spirit of our obedience is tested as prayer and fasting as you know, the third test is required that our religion deminds of us to sacrifice our property. Zakat,not only serves the purpose or eradicating the inequalities created by the modern world and capitalism but it is a means of fostering the sentiments of brotherhood. The only pure motive in paying zakat and doing a charitable act should be pure nad unadulterated for the love of Allah. He who with pleasure spends benevolently on the poor creation,wins the favour and pleasure of Allah as the Quran affirms this by saying, " Ye will not attain unto piety until ye spend that which ye love."

The fourth pillar in Islam, Hajj. The word in Arabic literally means "repairing to a place for the sake of visit.It has been made compulsory for those who are major,sane,healthy and can afford the expenses. The Holy Quran says: "And Pilgrimage to the House(of Allah) is a duty unto Allah for mankind,for him who can find a way thither. As for him who disbelieveth(let him know that) lo! Allah is Independent of (all) creatures."

The final pillar in Islam is fasting in the month of Ramdhan,which we are currently in. Fasting is a course of training once in a year for a continuous period of one lunar month during the time where every believer gets the opportunity of his moral,spiritual,social elevation. It noursihes the man, the quality of self-discipline and intensifies God-consciousness, it strengthens our faith of Allahs Sovereignty. It strengthens the power of patience,endurance and steadfastness. It suppresses our animal like passions and enriches the good sentiments.

Insha'Allaah that will help you understand the five pillars of Islam more clearly. If you want I can expand on them with the little knowledge I have, may Allah guide you to the right path," The decision rests with Allah only,Who hath commanded you that ye worship none save him. This is the right religion." May Allah also allow all of us to strive to become the best Muslims we can for our society and family,ameen.

aflawedbeing
07-25-2013, 09:24 AM
No worries at all Jordan.
Now, go forth, explore and we will be eagerly awaiting any questions you have! :)

Daris
07-28-2013, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JordanLA
But I can't seem to just leave Christianity, I feel like I'd be betraying God.
Hello Jordan. I would like to share my experiences with you, so that you might find clarity in your confusion.

I am a former Christian minister, who reverted to Islam a little over 6 1/2 years ago. And just like you, I agonized over what I felt would be a a betrayal of God.

Even though I was charged with bringing others to embrace Christianity, I have always felt that the acceptance and declaration of faith is something that is at our very core. Something so deeply personal to each of us that I should never try to enter that place. So as I was studying Islam and realizing I was conflicted by Christianity, I was all alone. Finally, one cold December morning, I realized I felt extremely vulnerable. I had been examining Islam on another Web site and they offered a toll-free help line. So I called and talked to a wonderful sister who was incredibly patient with me. She didn't try to give me answers to my questions, she kept questioning me, making me look inside myself for the answers. And that morning, she heard me say Shahadah.

Jordan, at that very instant, I felt a sense of peace and joy I had never known.

I suddenly felt a need to be with other Muslims, so I drove to the local masjid. As I knelt in prayer, I realized God was right alongside me, same as He had always been. The only difference was that I could suddenly understand that only He is worthy of my praise and my worship.

If you are comfortable with it, plan a visit to your local masjid. I promise, you will only find friends there you have yet to meet. Explain your conflict and you will find people who are willing to help you.

But, Why would God put this intrest in my heart if he was not trying to show me something?
Ahhhh, my only reply to that is to ask you the same question. Why do you feel God has placed Islam on your heart?

Since you are a practicing Christian, I suspect I know the biggest, personal obstacle you are facing. I know it stopped me from reverting before I did. Pick up your Bible, Jordan, and read Isaiah 43:11. Reflect on what God has said to us in those words.

I pray this will help you with your discernment and help you dwell in His Peace. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

JordanLA
07-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Wow, That Isaiah verse never really hit me until now! I think tonight I will do my Shahadah!! Also, I realised something. About 2 weeks ago I prayed that God would show me who Jesus really is [ I was expecting me to realise his full glory, Being God and all) But that didn't happen. Islam started coming onto my mind shortly after that prayer, I now believe God has answered that prayer, but, Not in the way I was expecting.

Thank you all for your kind advice! I will update when I've done my Shahadah! Bless you all.

Allahuakbar_
07-29-2013, 02:30 AM
mashallah may allah gives us guidance

Yanal
07-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Wow, That Isaiah verse never really hit me until now! I think tonight I will do my Shahadah!! Also, I realised something. About 2 weeks ago I prayed that God would show me who Jesus really is [ I was expecting me to realise his full glory, Being God and all) But that didn't happen. Islam started coming onto my mind shortly after that prayer, I now believe God has answered that prayer, but, Not in the way I was expecting.

Thank you all for your kind advice! I will update when I've done my Shahadah! Bless you all.
:sl:
Subhan'Allah brother that is great news! Make sure you do not hesitate at all with any questions or concerns okay? :)

Daris
07-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Jordan, I am happy the verse I offered has helped you with your discernment. I look forward to reading your update.

MightyFeathers
08-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Go where God leads you Jordan. If you believe that God is leading to Islam then go there. God has a plan for everyone's life and if His plan for your life includes Islam then by golly, I'm sure He has good reason for it. :statisfie

Plz Answer Me
08-07-2013, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allahuakbar_
Welcome may peace bbe upon you and may allah(god) give you guidance.
I to used to be a christian and reverted back to islam.
When I reverted It didnt feel like there was any betrayal to god, because it was through islam that I got to reall know who god was.
In christianity you have to believe in the father,the son, and the holy ghosts. IN the bible there are verses that say jesus prayed. So ask yourself who was he praying to? And look at these verses if you can. Also jesus was a man like you and I he walked ,ate, and breathed the same way you and i do. So again ask yourslef is the correct way to worship one of gods creation(another human-being). Islam teaches monotheism the same way of Abrahm(peace be upon him). All the prophets in Islam sent the same message from adam to muhammad. The message was La ilah illallah(There is no god but the one true god). And by one true god meaning not to asscoiate any partners with him. Also no one can possess any of the attributes of allah(god). Associating any on his attributes with anyone else is against islam. Islam teaches that man may have knowledge but Allah(god) is the Most-Knowledgeable. The most high. It was through Islam for me that I got to know who my creator was and how to worship him. So some advice that I have for you is to research Islamic monotheism. And also research the subject of Tauhid(oneness of Allah). Maybe you can go to your local mosque or masjid and ask to speak to the imam and asks them your questions. I highly recommend that the first thing you need to know in islam is who your creator is and by doing so you need to learn about Tauhid(oneness of allah)
I hope this information is beneficial to you. If you have any more questions please reply back . May Allah(god) give us both guidance .
:ma: :ma:

mzeeshanz
08-31-2013, 05:26 AM
Great!
May Allah help you to be His best friend and one of the best follower. May Allah help you to counter every difficulty and hardship.
Amen!
Best regards.
Muhammad Zeeshan Zaki

Plz Answer Me
09-08-2013, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mzeeshanz
Great!
May Allah help you to be His best friend and one of the best follower. May Allah help you to counter every difficulty and hardship.
Amen!
Best regards.
Muhammad Zeeshan Zaki
Ameen!!!

You are a new member too you are welcome here, :smile: where you have gone after your just three postings? imsad come back, it is a good forum indeed :smile:

anisafatima
09-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Islam is not only an ordinary religion, it had, it is and it will remain a bless-full religion on this planet until Day of Doom and if you want success in life then you should Quran and Hadith it will bring you nearer to Almighty Allah (SWT).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!