/* */

PDA

View Full Version : family members and the hijab

anonymous
07-28-2013, 07:54 PM
I have been Muslim since 2008 but because of things with my family and the fact that members of my family are opposed to me being Muslim, I have been wearing the hijab on and off for the last few years i also haven't been praying because of my difficulties. I have started to wear the hijab again and praying, I love Allah and i want to be able to wear my hijab all the time but there are things that happened in my family where the hijab would have been awkward, like when a family member died and we had to go to church for the funeral. Tomorrow i have to go to see my family and i will be wearing the hijab i get comments like you look fat in that ( meaning the hijab ) or are you a terrorist ?, one family member has even took the hijab off me and tried to hit me I love my family but this family member is making life hard The family member has even stopped me from seeing younger family members because of this. I dont know what to do about it at all, the family member knows what to say to hurt me and they normally do it when no one else is around i will be left alone with this family member during the day as there are things that are needing done. I know i should just tell them its my choice but am scared i will not see the younger family members again and i may be hit. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!