/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a non-believer friend

ck1986
07-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Hello everybody I have a non-believer friend that I work with for such a long time, and me him have have become really good friends over the past years. However I just found out that he is quitting and moving away of a new job that he found. He told me that he was going to have a go away party on WED at at bar and grill type place. I told him as you know I am Muslim and don't drink alcohol. He told me you could come anyways and wont drink and Alcohol you can just drink soda. He said that he wants me to be there because were not going to see each other probable for a very long time or even never.

I told him that I wont fee comfortable going to a bar and grill do to my religion. He said that he would be very upset if I didn't go.

I don't know what to do in this situation, I don't want to hurt his feelings, I know Allah told us to be nice and respectful to everyone. Please help me on what I should do or how I should handle this situation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
07-29-2013, 07:01 PM
ask him to come over to your house, have your own meal for him.

Muhaba
07-29-2013, 07:43 PM
take him for a meal at a restaurant and tell him it's both in celebration for his new job and because you're parting and won't be seeing each other. But don't go to the bar place. You might get tempted to do some haram thing. Also lots of fitn are there, so many times people get killed, there's fire or fight in such place and ppl die and that's isn't how you want to meet your Rabb right?

Iceee
07-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Salaam.

format_quote Originally Posted by ck1986
He told me that he was going to have a go away party on WED at at bar and grill type place.
This Wednesday? I'm sure it is still Ramadan then. So either this friend is not fasting or the party will be after Iftar. Know the dangers of alcohol, parties, and fitnah all in one after Sunset.

format_quote Originally Posted by ck1986
I told him that I wont fee comfortable going to a bar and grill do to my religion. He said that he would be very upset if I didn't go.
Take him out for lunch, together. Just the two of you guys. Any scholor, Imam, or practising Muslim will tell you that you should avoid going to a party with alcohol as you may be pressured to drink it, it's called peer pressure.

I leave you with the following. Inshallah you are protected from haram actions, whether you choose to go or not to go to the party.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "… And if Shaytaan causes you to forget, then after the remembrance sit not in the company of those people who are the zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)." [al-An'aam 6:68]

Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever believes in Allaah and the last day, should not sit at a table where wine is being served."(Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2801; classed as saheeh in Saheeh al-Jaami', 6506).

Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri said: "The Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'Allaah will ask His slave on the Day of Resurrection until He says: What prevented you, when you saw something evil, from denouncing it?'" According to another report: "One of you will be asked on the Day of Resurrection until he is asked: What prevented you from denouncing evil when you saw it?" (Reported by Imaam Ahmad and Ibn Maajah, 4017; see also Saheeh al-Jaami', 1818)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LauraS
07-31-2013, 07:03 PM
I agree with what has been said, offer that you have your own goodbye get together with him. Hope it works out. :)

ardianto
08-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Already Thursday now. How was your Wednesday, OP?

By the way, I never went to the bar with my non-Muslim friends because they never invited me to such place. And also they never drank alcoholic beverages when they were with me in other places.

Aisha
08-01-2013, 04:12 PM
All off-topic posts, their replies and insulting comments removed.

It's a shame that some of us can't refrain from arguing, even in these blessed days.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!