/* */

PDA

View Full Version : itekaf

guide by Allah
07-30-2013, 12:42 AM
Al Salamwalaikum brother and sister in ISLAM.
Can you tell me Plz can I read my books for my exam during itekaf?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-30-2013, 05:25 PM
:wa:

normally Muslims offer salat , recite Qurn in Itikaf . How many days u want to stay at mosque ? When is ur exam ?

U can do Itikaf after ur exam .

Fatwa No : 83986
I'tikaf other than during Ramadan
Fatwa Date : Safar 1, 1423 / 14-4-2002

Question

What is the ruling on l'tikaf at the time other than Ramadan? Should it be done? A brother suggested doing l'tikaf for just the weekend and I could not find any Fatwa on this issue.

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Muslim scholars have agreed upon that I'tikaf (retiring into a mosque for devotion) is merely a Sunnah. It becomes obligatory only when a person makes a vow. Imam Ibn al-Munzir reported about this agreement and Imam Ibn Qudamah reported from him in his book, "al-Mughni".

It is not restricted to a specific period; it can be practiced in Ramadan and other than Ramadan but it is superior in Ramadan particularly in the last ten days of Ramadan.

Imam Bukhari narrates from Ayisha (Radiya Allahu Anha) who said: "The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) used to practice I'tikaf in the last ten days of Ramadan till he died and then his wives (Radiya Allahu Anhunna) used to practice I'tikaf after him" . She also said that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) performed I'tikaf in the last ten days of the month of Shawwal.( Reported by Imam al-Bukhari)

Therefore, there is no harm in practicing I'tikaf in a specific day of a week or a month if it is convenient for one or he can do only in that day provided one should not believe that the I'tikaf in that day (appointed by him) is Sunnah.

Allah knows best.

http://209.207.230.230/emainpage/ind...twaId&Id=83986

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!